Icbc

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2014, 09:13 PM
Icbc

Hello friends,

I claimed a hit and run earlier today and was wondering who knows of an icbc shop that has done a good job for them in the past.

Its iffy because my reinforcement bar is bent up but the estimator said "we dont really know til its taken apart and i wont do that. So bring it into a shop and pay them the deductible and they should be able to fix everything for you. You might have to pay extra if you want to replace the whole cover".

I dont even understand that crap, i dont know why i have to pay on top etc. But im open to talking to an actual shop that someone has already been to.

Thanks.

Old 12-18-2014, 01:35 PM
5 Year Member
I go to qualitek collision. 1825 triumph St in Vancouver.

Icbc will pay for the cheapest way possible to fix your car. So if your bumper is repairable, then they will pay for that. But if you want a new bumper instead, you'd have to pay the difference. If your bumper isn't repairable, then they will pay for a new one. However, if someone makes an OEM replacement bumper, icbc will only pay for that, if you want genuine OEM, you pay the difference.

Starting to make sense?

Old 12-18-2014, 03:58 PM
Originally Posted by Cruatchi
I go to qualitek collision. 1825 triumph St in Vancouver.

Icbc will pay for the cheapest way possible to fix your car. So if your bumper is repairable, then they will pay for that. But if you want a new bumper instead, you'd have to pay the difference. If your bumper isn't repairable, then they will pay for a new one. However, if someone makes an OEM replacement bumper, icbc will only pay for that, if you want genuine OEM, you pay the difference.

Starting to make sense?
Thanks for the info, will google and give em a call.

I got that part though, and thanks for making it clearer. I just forgot some info on the post. The estimators report says "Days to repair: 3" that poop i dont get. Do i have 3 days to have it done or will it take 3 days? He wasnt too keen on explaining.

Thanks for the reply.

Old 12-18-2014, 05:31 PM
5 Year Member
Should be that it takes 3 days to repair. After you make a claim, you have years to actually fix it; I forget how many... 1? 2? However if you don't fix it and you have another accident in the same spot, the claims add up and you pay deductible twice.

You can find qualitek on Facebook too.

Old 12-18-2014, 05:39 PM
2 years if im not mistaken. Wow i didnt know you pay double deductible though thats interesting to know. I might go morita auto body here in new west though. its 5 mins away from my place which is good cause the repairs gonna take a while.

I appreciate the info! Thanks so much.

Last edited by OrganicFit; 12-18-2014 at 05:40 PM. Reason: missed a crucial sentence