Honda Fit Dealer Reviews Here is your chance to vent bad experiences with your local dealer or praise them for exceptional service! Please include the Dealer name, City, State and Country in the Title of your post. Help fellow FitFreaks find good dealers and avoid bad ones.

Keenan Honda, bait and switch, two thumbs down

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2009, 12:31 AM
Thumbs down Keenan Honda, bait and switch, two thumbs down

Got a price on Thursday with Costco and cars for clunkers. Called Friday and asked if same car was available with both deals, same price. Answer was yes. Drove in right away, knowing there wasn't much time to do the deal, and 3/4 through the buying process, whoops, Costco deal not possible according to manager. He dared me to find one somewhere else that would do the deal that day, as that dealership was ending Cars for Clunkers at the end of the day Friday. He thought he had me by the b@lls. So I packed up and got a nice deal at Scott Honda of Downingtown, PA, see next review.

I have to say, these are low life managers at many of these dealerships. They give Honda a bad reputation in the sales arena, while of course their product is still tops. They should clean house in my opinion.

Meanwhile, I vote to stay clear of Keenan Honda.

Old 08-23-2009, 02:54 AM
5 Year Member
I went to this dealership also since they were the only Costco dealer close to my folks in suburban PA. The internet prices at other dealers (such as Main line honda and Piazza honda) beat the Costco price for me. I'm glad I didn't deal with them after your review.

Old 08-23-2009, 12:39 PM
It was even a little worse than first stated

because before they pulled the Costco rug out from under me, they tried to up the price of the car from Thursday (for the exact same car), saying there were things on the car that couldn't be removed, like wheels locks.

The manager said that the night before, they had decided not to allow Costco deals on cash for clunkers, YET, they pulled me in under false pretenses (assuming he wasn't lying, which I guess is a big assumption, he, he).

Somehow, I had hoped Honda might be above this. It a culture driven by individual dealerships. Some have good karma, and some are coming back next time as cockroaches.

I have a feeling that karma will come back to bite them sooner, though, because my guess is sales will suck, suck, suck at least for the next 6 months, as everyone spent what they had the past month. These dealers were hurting before C4C (not that I wish this on anyone).

Old 08-23-2009, 02:55 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by erichard
because before they pulled the Costco rug out from under me, they tried to up the price of the car from Thursday (for the exact same car), saying there were things on the car that couldn't be removed, like wheels locks.

The manager said that the night before, they had decided not to allow Costco deals on cash for clunkers, YET, they pulled me in under false pretenses (assuming he wasn't lying, which I guess is a big assumption, he, he).

Somehow, I had hoped Honda might be above this. It a culture driven by individual dealerships. Some have good karma, and some are coming back next time as cockroaches.

I have a feeling that karma will come back to bite them sooner, though, because my guess is sales will suck, suck, suck at least for the next 6 months, as everyone spent what they had the past month. These dealers were hurting before C4C (not that I wish this on anyone).
I dealt with Wayne Slater at this dealership...he told me they didn't add any of the accessories to any of the cars..guess they changed their tune after the cash for clunkers program!

Old 08-23-2009, 03:21 PM
Wayne was not there on Friday, so he is not included in the above scenario.