Merchant Group Buys and New Product Sales This area is for private individuals or small merchants to list NEW Products For Sale or to Organize Group Buys. Unlike "FIT VENDORS" on the forum, the staff of FITFREAK does not perform any background checks on individuals listing product offerings in this sub-forum. Payment is required in order to list your product in this sub-forum. CLICK HERE for payment details and instant Thread Posting access to this sub-forum.

Weapon*R Race Header!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2008, 03:12 PM
Originally Posted by Staff@WR
Well we just did more testing and thats what led to a redesign and now its how we want it to be.

We didnt test with a catback because not everyone will have the same one but alot of people do have the stock cat back.

We do ship to the UK.

Could you dyno with a catback anyways because i'm either getting this or getting the J's Racing header and titanium converter pipe and i know the J's racing header made 9hp from a baseline of 115hp, just the header, and then the converter pipe probably adds 3-4hp, but I like the fact that the weapon r header is a lot more transitional than all the other 4-1 stubby headers for the bit, but unless it produces some serious numbers i'm probably going to get the J's header.

Old 02-25-2008, 04:46 PM
Well we just did more testing and thats what led to a redesign and now its how we want it to be.

We didnt test with a catback because not everyone will have the same one but alot of people do have the stock cat back.

We do ship to the UK.
Thats no probs, I'm running a decat and stainless header. Any idea how much it's gonna cost??

Old 02-28-2008, 12:24 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by bluerice
Could you dyno with a catback anyways because i'm either getting this or getting the J's Racing header and titanium converter pipe and i know the J's racing header made 9hp from a baseline of 115hp, just the header, and then the converter pipe probably adds 3-4hp, but I like the fact that the weapon r header is a lot more transitional than all the other 4-1 stubby headers for the bit, but unless it produces some serious numbers i'm probably going to get the J's header.
well like I said before we only tested with the stock exhaust because everyone has that but not everyone uses the same cat back. If we happen to have a fit that has a exhaust on it we may dyno again. Maybe we will just dyno open header.

Old 02-28-2008, 12:28 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by isitafox
Thats no probs, I'm running a decat and stainless header. Any idea how much it's gonna cost??
Shipping to Uk will be $65.00usd

Old 02-28-2008, 01:49 PM
well like I said before we only tested with the stock exhaust because everyone has that but not everyone uses the same cat back. If we happen to have a fit that has a exhaust on it we may dyno again. Maybe we will just dyno open header.

I'm sure everyone on here understands that their own personal set ups will produce different numbers, but anyone that is going to get a "race" header is probably going to have an exhaust on their car already, right? I mean that's the way it works right, start furthest away from the engine and work your way in, right? And pretty much all the exhausts out for the Fit use 50mm piping so they all pretty much produce the same power gains except for maybe Spoon and the 60mm Skunk2.

I mean when i see a dyno i want to see what the maximum potential is for the product i'm looking at, but I understand that my own set up may be different. Although no one is going to run their car with only a race header and remove the rest of their exhaust, so that may look good on paper, but wouldn't hold any real value.

I thought all companies had a project car that they test all their parts on, can't you dyno the header on that.

Old 02-28-2008, 04:19 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by bluerice
I'm sure everyone on here understands that their own personal set ups will produce different numbers, but anyone that is going to get a "race" header is probably going to have an exhaust on their car already, right? I mean that's the way it works right, start furthest away from the engine and work your way in, right? And pretty much all the exhausts out for the Fit use 50mm piping so they all pretty much produce the same power gains except for maybe Spoon and the 60mm Skunk2.

I mean when i see a dyno i want to see what the maximum potential is for the product i'm looking at, but I understand that my own set up may be different. Although no one is going to run their car with only a race header and remove the rest of their exhaust, so that may look good on paper, but wouldn't hold any real value.

I thought all companies had a project car that they test all their parts on, can't you dyno the header on that.
ya, I agree with that. I mean, you are trying to sell a race header here, meaning, no cat and everything, what makes you think that who ever thats getting this header is going to be still using stock exhaust? that just doesn't make any sense at all. It's no even street legal, and yet you expect people with stock exhaust would come and pick this up? come on! Give us some real numbers.

I don't think I would buy a racing header from a company who can't even test it on a somewhat racing minded car. Especially when all we want is to see what it's capable of when paired with a cat back system which takes no more then 30 minutes to put on.

Old 02-29-2008, 12:23 PM
5 Year Member
The cars we usually use are from either N1 or other people who can come by. If one of you would be close enough to us come on down and i will put this header one and dyno it. I will be looking for another fit with exhaust so we can get it tested

Old 03-04-2008, 01:13 PM
5 Year Member
Ok we should dyno the fit with cat back tomorow!

Old 03-04-2008, 02:10 PM
Sounds good I can't wait.

Old 03-10-2008, 02:37 PM
5 Year Member
Sorry for the delay we were just busy prepping for the weekend and I didnt have time to post it but here is the results with a catback system.

Last edited by Staff@WR; 03-10-2008 at 02:39 PM.
Old 03-10-2008, 02:42 PM
Frequent FitFreak Poster
This image or video has been moved or deleted. But if you click reply and go to advanced, you can see it, strange
Looks great guys, cant wait to slap this baby on in the summer

Edit: nevermind, there it is....

Old 03-10-2008, 04:06 PM
5 Year Member
Fantastic gains! Any chance of a race header with a high flow cat where the flex section is? A good high flow cat will only take away 1 or 2 whp if any and clean up the emmissions.

If not, would it be feasible to have a local muffler shop add one?

Old 03-10-2008, 06:52 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by GAFIT
Fantastic gains! Any chance of a race header with a high flow cat where the flex section is? A good high flow cat will only take away 1 or 2 whp if any and clean up the emmissions.

If not, would it be feasible to have a local muffler shop add one?
yes. LOL

Since the header is made out of stainless steel, a local muffler shop can just chop a section off and weld on a high flow cat. Although, i don't know how good of an idea it is to take out the flex section, its prolly there for a reason.

Old 03-10-2008, 07:33 PM
Do you guys have any db numbers with the high flow cat, I know in the video it didn't seem that loud, but i just wanted to make sure.

Old 03-10-2008, 10:49 PM
5 Year Member
Let's see... over 20% HP gain (18 Lb-ft gain) for an intake, a manifold, a real full lenght 4-2-1 header and exhaust all the way back. That's half the gain of a forced induction for half the price. It makes sense!
And all you do is make the engine breathe better without the added stess of FI. Just an observation!

Old 03-11-2008, 10:10 AM
5 Year Member
I see the collector measures 2.25". Would you recommend a 50mm (2") or 60mm (2.36") cat-back?

Old 03-11-2008, 10:28 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by GAFIT
I see the collector measures 2.25". Would you recommend a 50mm (2") or 60mm (2.36") cat-back?

I always thought 50mm = 2.25" ........

Old 03-11-2008, 10:34 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by diedwater
I always thought 50mm = 2.25" ........
I used an online calculator and was surprised with the results (I double checked by doing this 2.36/60 = .03933, .03933 x 50 = 1.966).

I don't think that a 2.25" collector should merge into a 2" cat-back. I'm planning boost from a kwsc in the near future, so I'm thinking 60mm for me.

Old 03-11-2008, 04:14 PM
5 Year Member
Well this exhaust that we used is one that we have for the car and it is a 55mm This is the exhaust when we first had it and a race header as well but no intake manifold. YouTube - 07 Fit w/ Weapon-R Intake, Header & Header back Exhaust

Old 03-11-2008, 04:31 PM
5 Year Member
Well this exhaust that we used is one that we have for the car and it is a 55mm This is the exhaust when we first had it and a race header as well but no intake manifold. YouTube - 07 Fit w/ Weapon-R Intake, Header & Header back Exhaust
55mm makes perfect sense for the Fit. Are you going to offer a cat-back for the Fit? I don't think anyone else makes that size.

Any thought about the possibility of adding a high flow cat to your race header? Think it could be done by a local muffler shop?

Quick Reply: Weapon*R Race Header!!