Merchant Group Buys and New Product Sales This area is for private individuals or small merchants to list NEW Products For Sale or to Organize Group Buys. Unlike "FIT VENDORS" on the forum, the staff of FITFREAK does not perform any background checks on individuals listing product offerings in this sub-forum. Payment is required in order to list your product in this sub-forum. CLICK HERE for payment details and instant Thread Posting access to this sub-forum.

HAMP Oil Filter Group Buy

Old 03-10-2011, 05:34 PM
fjt
Merchant / Group Buy Organizer ( non-certified )
HAMP Oil Filter Group Buy

I am purchasing a big amount of HAMP Oil filter by the end f next week and i thought i would offer ths Group buy special to the members of fitfreak.net.

Usually one HAMP Filter costs 12-14 bucks (depending where u buy) + shipping which can be anywhere from 4-6 dollars each.

I will be doing this group buy for a price that will be less than $10 per filter + shipping.

I need a minimum purchase of 40 filters from my supplier which i already have 24 locked in from customers.

Anyone interested in this group buy please post here and let me know how many Oil Filters you want.

HAMP Synergy are aftermarket products designed by Honda and are a step up from the "Honda Original Parts" products. Not meant to compete with racing produts, however, these pieces are quality. The HAMP oil filter can be used on any Honda, but was specifically designed for use in the Type-R and S series cars in mind. Features include a unique release valve that dynamically adjusts to the conditions within the filter to keep the oil flow and pressure constant. The HAMP oil filter will last longer and filter better than any of the oil filters currently on the market.

Old 03-10-2011, 08:01 PM
5 Year Member
you can get them for less than 10 bucks on a regular basis...

Old 03-10-2011, 08:13 PM
5 Year Member
I've never heard of these filters.

Any members on here can comment?

Old 03-10-2011, 08:38 PM
Supervillain
5 Year Member
google 'hamp oil filter information' and see first result: Hamp Oil Filter - JHPUSA

in a nutshell, 'jdm honda oil filter'

Old 03-10-2011, 09:39 PM
fjt
Originally Posted by feared
you can get them for less than 10 bucks on a regular basis...
Only 2 places ive seen seem online for less than $10 bucks and thats not including shipping.. As i said, when you add shipping you end up paying atleast 14-15 bucks a filter.

Old 03-10-2011, 11:09 PM
5 Year Member
so your group buy price is the price that those 2 places sell it for normally?

Old 03-11-2011, 02:04 AM
5 Year Member
ive been using hamp filters for some time now. they are great. ive used k&n, mobile 1 and hamp. ive only used the k&n because it was free, the mobile 1 filter was just a comparison filter. hamps are hands down the best oil filter you can put on a honda. these oil filters are not only jdm honda oil filters, they are higher end compact oil filters that honda uses on type Rs in japan.

i would recommend them to any one willing enough to fork over $10+ on great filtering factory oil filters.

p.s. these filters are made by filtec and they really know how to make an oil filter.

i would get in on this bg but ive stocked up on hamp filters when they were on special.

Old 03-11-2011, 02:49 AM
Originally Posted by JJIN
ive been using hamp filters for some time now. they are great. ive used k&n, mobile 1 and hamp. ive only used the k&n because it was free, the mobile 1 filter was just a comparison filter. hamps are hands down the best oil filter you can put on a honda. these oil filters are not only jdm honda oil filters, they are higher end compact oil filters that honda uses on type Rs in japan.

i would recommend them to any one willing enough to fork over $10+ on great filtering factory oil filters.

p.s. these filters are made by filtec and they really know how to make an oil filter.

i would get in on this bg but ive stocked up on hamp filters when they were on special.
Genuinely curious, no snark or attitude.. how did you determine that the Hamp filter was "hands down the best" oil filter you can put on a Honda.

I understand they are OE and JDM, but what helped you draw this conclusion?

I am open to suggestion on this because I routinely just use whatevers on hand for my cars, be it Mobil, AMSOIL, OEM, Fram, etc. and I have never had anything but a slight difference in start up oil pressure, total capacity and then differences in oil pressure as the particulate matter builds up on the filter media at different rates.

Outside of that I have never found one to be superior. But I also have never really tried to find the "best" one for any of my applications.

Last edited by DiamondStarMonsters; 03-11-2011 at 03:13 AM.
Old 03-11-2011, 03:00 AM
Hamp Oil Filter | Password JDM

$9.99 each, no groupbuy needed.

Old 03-11-2011, 07:21 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by JJIN

I was wondering the same thing as DSM... hands down the best filter? i've seen a comparison of dismanteled filters, and the WIX seemed to be the best... however HAMP was not tested...

I thought that Filtec made most of the OEM filters, and had cheap fuzzy media... they're to be avoided... (toyo roki is the best choice but truly JDM)

Do you mind PMing me the price you got them for?

I might be down for a GB... as long as shipping is reasonable to canada!

Old 03-11-2011, 10:23 AM
fjt
Originally Posted by TrungLam
Hamp Oil Filter | Password JDM

$9.99 each, no groupbuy needed.
Sure... and its 9.99 + shipping which is goig to be $6-8 bucks from PWJDM depending youre location so you pay $15-17 each.. I dont think you guys are getting the point here.

My price shipped to the USA will be even lower than that when you buy a 5 pack...LOL

Last edited by fjt; 03-11-2011 at 10:27 AM.
Old 03-11-2011, 10:26 AM
fjt
Let me know you city and zipcode and how many filters you are interested in and i will give you price shipped.

Please keep in mind that price applies if we have enough filters to satisfy the minimum order..

Ideally you save more if you buy a 5 pack vs if you just buy 1 individual filter.

Originally Posted by cr4zy3lgato
I was wondering the same thing as DSM... hands down the best filter? i've seen a comparison of dismanteled filters, and the WIX seemed to be the best... however HAMP was not tested...

I thought that Filtec made most of the OEM filters, and had cheap fuzzy media... they're to be avoided... (toyo roki is the best choice but truly JDM)

Do you mind PMing me the price you got them for?

I might be down for a GB... as long as shipping is reasonable to canada!

Old 03-11-2011, 10:36 AM
fjt
One other comment you guys might want to know is that due to the current increase of the value of the Yen, the price of the HAMP filter is going up because manufacture price will be increased as well as a result of this.. Any new shipment from any new supplier for HAMP Filters will cost more and you will see these filters going up to 14-16 dollars a piece.. So pretty soon you wont be able to find them for under $12 dollars...

Old 03-13-2011, 06:45 PM
5 Year Member
check your pm

Old 03-14-2011, 03:16 PM
5 Year Member
How long can these last? Or I mean how are they for long term use? I will honestly say, I don't have time to change oil often so my shit stays in there for a long ass time, right now 10k+ miles on filter + oil.

And trust me, it's not that I mean to neglect the car and oil but shit happens... for 10k miles or more.

Old 07-25-2011, 02:31 PM
5 Year Member
Did anything ever come of this? I'd like to load up on Hamp filters.

Old 07-26-2011, 12:47 AM
So do these fliters actually fit on GD/GE models?

Old 07-26-2011, 01:20 AM
5 Year Member
Yes.

They fit on B/K/F/L/H/D series engines iirc

Old 07-28-2011, 02:00 PM
fjt
Originally Posted by mike410b
Did anything ever come of this? I'd like to load up on Hamp filters.
Its unfortunate that from over 60 orders for these filter none of those orders where from fit freak members.

This sale has ended...