Merchant Group Buys and New Product Sales This area is for private individuals or small merchants to list NEW Products For Sale or to Organize Group Buys. Unlike "FIT VENDORS" on the forum, the staff of FITFREAK does not perform any background checks on individuals listing product offerings in this sub-forum. Payment is required in order to list your product in this sub-forum. CLICK HERE for payment details and instant Thread Posting access to this sub-forum.

3D Textured Carbon Fiber Wrap Now Available From Headlight Armor - Free Samples

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2012, 06:24 PM
5 Year Member
Post Headlight Armor Carbon Fiber Wrap Questions.

A follow up to several emailed questions over the weekend.

Can I cover "this or that?"
Generally speaking the wrap will be good on any smooth non porous surface. The material can be stretched ~50% when warmed. We do have a free sample on the site here Free Sample of Hexis Carbon Fiber Wrap Vinyl With 3D Texture If you would like to see if it will work on your surface.

I want to wrap a variety of different pieces. How much should I get?

You would need to measure what you want to cover and see how it fits on the rolls we have available.

For the black Carbon Fiber Wrap we currently have the following:

3" wide rolls of 3D Carbon Fiber Wrap

6" wide rolls of 3D Carbon Fiber Wrap

24" wide rolls of 3D Carbon Fiber Wrap

60" wide rolls of 3D Carbon Fiber Wrap

Let us know if you have any questions about the material.

Old 02-14-2012, 10:34 AM
5 Year Member
Cool Carbon Fiber Wrap Install Photos from Headlight Armor

A couple more install photos from a project completed the end of last week.

Chrome grill surround wrapped with our 3D Carbon Fiber Wrap. The chrome grill surround was removed from the vehicle and a single large sheet of the wrap was used - seamless install.

Really completed the blacked out look. Chrome trim on the sides of the vehicle were changed to OEM black versions and the wheels were powder coated black.

Old 02-14-2012, 04:42 PM
5 Year Member
Video of roof wrap

Fun Video of the application of the Hexis 3D Carbon Fiber Wrap we offer. Father and son bonding. Wrapping the roof of an RX-8. More work if you have a larger area, taller area, or a roof with an antenna.

Old 02-16-2012, 10:04 AM
5 Year Member
Cool Some additional Carbon Fiber Wrap install photos.

Some additional Carbon Fiber Wrap install photos.

Stock for comparison:

Chrome grill surround was removed (had to remove the bumper cover to get at it) and wrapped with our Hexis 3D Carbon Fiber Wrap

Old 02-17-2012, 12:14 PM
Whats the life span of this stuff if it gets direct sunlight alot?

Old 02-17-2012, 12:42 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Sherbs_Inc
Whats the life span of this stuff if it gets direct sunlight a lot?
Al lot depends on where it is applied interior / exterior / horizontal / vertical, and how it is cared for. Thought I had posted the Di Noc comparison but did not see it...

The table is on each of the carbon options on the site. Including the 60" wide rolls here

Exterior application life expectancy - vertical application? 3-5 Years depending on climate (will last longer in northern climates)
Exterior application to a horizontal surface? (ie Hood, Roof, Trunk overlay) Yes with 40% reduction in life over vertical application if unprotected.

Old 02-17-2012, 02:43 PM
5 Year Member
As a reminder if you have an order in transit, Monday is President's day and USPS will not be making deliveries on Monday. Also if you are placing an order today - Monday); we will not be shipping on Monday. All orders received over the long weekend will ship in the order in which they were received beginning on Tuesday. Have a great weekend

Old 02-17-2012, 03:54 PM
Originally Posted by HeadlightArmor
Al lot depends on where it is applied interior / exterior / horizontal / vertical, and how it is cared for. Thought I had posted the Di Noc comparison but did not see it...

The table is on each of the carbon options on the site. Including the 60" wide rolls here

Exterior application life expectancy - vertical application? 3-5 Years depending on climate (will last longer in northern climates)
Exterior application to a horizontal surface? (ie Hood, Roof, Trunk overlay) Yes with 40% reduction in life over vertical application if unprotected.

Thank you, I am putting together some parts and this stuff looks like it just made the list...no smoked tails for the GD3 though? I will for sure be hitting you up when it comes time to work on my truck.

Old 02-17-2012, 04:22 PM
5 Year Member
Sounds good, as to the taillights, the only Fit taillight kits we have are for the 09-12's

Old 02-29-2012, 04:37 PM
5 Year Member
Old 03-13-2012, 02:16 PM
5 Year Member
Post Install updates and some questions addressed.

Install updates and some questions addressed.

With spring here we have received a lot of email questions about the carbon wrap materials. We also have some additional MFG tips and recommendations.

I am thinking of a non-automotive application. Can I apply the carbon fiber wrap on xxx?

You can apply your HEXIS films on a wide variety of substrates, under the condition that these application surfaces are clean, dry, smooth, non-porous and with no traces of oil, grease, wax, silicone or other contaminating agents.

How much do I need to wrap xxx?

A common question. Generally speaking you need to measure what you want to wrap and see how it fits into the rolls we offer. Rolls are currently available in 3", 6", 24" and 60". Give yourself a few inches extra for handling. 24" is a great size for doing a variety of odd shaped items. 60" is best for seamless large panel installs. i.e. a hood, roof, or trunk wrap.

What temperature can I install the wrap material in?

The ideal application temperature is between 15 and 25°C / 59 and 77°F (preferably between 20° and 25°C / 68 and 77°F) and must be respected equally for both the ambient and the temperature of the surface you applying it on.

NEW: From MFG.

At the end of the application leave the vehicle (or the covered object) in an environment with a temperature between 15 and 25 °C (59 to 77 °F) and a relative humidity between 30 and 70% for at least 12 hours. Finally check all areas where the film was cut. If the film peels off or wrinkles reapply the edges under strong pressure with the help of a squeegee.

Do not wash the vehicle or area applied for 7 days.

Hope these help. As always let us know if you have any questions.

Old 04-10-2012, 10:52 AM
5 Year Member
Our apologies for those trying to use our HeadlightArmor Clear, HID Blue, Racing Yellow, and Smoke Light kits - Home site Saturday through Monday only to find an extremely slow / down site (Monday was the worst). Our shopping cart provider & site host Network Solutions was having massive issues with their usually fast ecommerce platform. After numerous calls it appears they have things sorted out, though will not tell us what the ultimate issue was. The site is moving fast today! Sorry for any inconvenience, and thanks to those of you who stuck through the slowness and placed an order! You should have your order shortly!

Old 04-17-2012, 10:01 AM
5 Year Member
Thumbs up Customer Wrapped Porsche 911 hood with our Hexis Carbon Fiber Wrap

Customer wrapped the tired hood on his Porsche 911 with our Hexis Carbon Fiber Wrap - 60" x 60" used. He removed the crest, applied the wrap, then re-attached the crest. Clean install!

Old 04-17-2012, 11:15 PM
5 Year Member
How will this product work in a dryer climate like Colorado? Air temp isn't a problem and the vehicle is garaged at work and home. I am just a little concerned about our low humidity. I am looking at both horizantal and vertical surfaces.

Old 04-18-2012, 09:58 AM
5 Year Member
Humidity is not an issue, the main issue is UV exposure. If your vehicle is garaged all the time not much an issue.

Old 04-20-2012, 03:18 PM
5 Year Member
Post 60" Wide Rolls of Hexis 3D Black Carbon Fiber Wrap from Headlight Armor

60" Wide Rolls of Hexis 3D Black Carbon Fiber Wrap from Headlight Armor

Price break! Further volume = even better deals on our 60" wide Carbon Fiber Wrap. We continue to guarantee the LOWEST delivered price within the USA! Same day shipping in most cases too!

Old 04-23-2012, 11:07 PM
5 Year Member
Old 04-23-2012, 11:30 PM
i just ordered a sample, if i like it enough (which i'm sure i will) i'll order enough to wrap some interior stuff in both of my cars.

Old 04-24-2012, 09:43 AM
5 Year Member
Sounds good. Sample is going out today. Should have it in a couple of days.

Old 04-24-2012, 03:20 PM
5 Year Member
Nice photos of a BMW 1M in white with a Hexis Black Carbon wrapped roof.
Hit the link for photos.

Quick Reply: 3D Textured Carbon Fiber Wrap Now Available From Headlight Armor - Free Samples