Merchant Group Buys and New Product Sales This area is for private individuals or small merchants to list NEW Products For Sale or to Organize Group Buys. Unlike "FIT VENDORS" on the forum, the staff of FITFREAK does not perform any background checks on individuals listing product offerings in this sub-forum. Payment is required in order to list your product in this sub-forum. CLICK HERE for payment details and instant Thread Posting access to this sub-forum.

3D Textured Carbon Fiber Wrap Now Available From Headlight Armor - Free Samples

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2012, 02:04 PM
5 Year Member
Looks like the techs have things sorted now. Site is running about as fast as I have seen it! Sorry for the performance issues earlier. Hope the rest of the weekend goes smoothly

Old 09-28-2012, 01:23 PM
5 Year Member
In the greater Dallas Texas Area?

COBB Tuning Plano holds a monthly car enthusiast meet on the first Thrusday of each month.

COBB Tuning of Plano
1200 Placid Ave STE 550
Plano, TX

Google Map

If you are in the area and a car enthusiast you are always welcome, no matter what you drive!

We have a special in conjunction with the event: 10% everything on the site plus free delivery to the event!

On page 2 of the checkout enter code : firstthursday and click apply. This gives 10% off your order. Then enter code: cobbpickup and apply. This will give free delivery to the event as well! Orders will be accepted now through 4PM on Thursday October 4th for delivery to the meet.

Let us know if you have any questions, and see you at the event if you are going!

Old 09-28-2012, 01:32 PM
looks awesome plannin to go carbon fiber on my car too

Old 09-28-2012, 04:04 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
huh, i need to measure the hood on my Fit to see how much material is needed.

i have a fairly good size roll of DiNoc i use for interior bits, but i dont want to use it on exterior...

Old 09-28-2012, 06:37 PM
5 Year Member
I would like to try this I actually saw white carbon fiber thought that might look good on my red Fit.

Old 10-01-2012, 10:21 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by kenchan

i have a fairly good size roll of DiNoc i use for interior bits, but i dont want to use it on exterior...

Are you doing the hood and roof or just the roof? Is there anyplace that has instructions on how to measure I do not want to order too little or too much? Also can one person do this by them self or do yo need two people?

Thanks

Old 10-01-2012, 12:57 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by cjecpa
Are you doing the hood and roof or just the roof? Is there anyplace that has instructions on how to measure I do not want to order too little or too much? Also can one person do this by them self or do yo need two people?

Thanks
im trying to decide if i want to do gloss black roof with stock hood, or just do the CF wrap hood. the primary purpose for the hood wrap (for me) is to protect the paint. i saw on my 09 which is unprotected, it has A LOT of chips from the harsh winters we have here. salt rocks all over the place in the winter. i want to prevent that on my '12.

ive done both roof and hood cf wrap by myself. dry install too. just a heat gun and med-hard squeegee, and a knife. if i was to do the GE's roof, i would first make a cutout for the roof antenna base, then unroll outwards.

Old 10-01-2012, 01:39 PM
5 Year Member
I was thinking of a gloss or matte black rather than carbon fiber same reason to protect the paint. Will the wrap be easy to remove without any damage to the paint?

Old 10-01-2012, 05:39 PM
5 Year Member
I was thinking of a gloss or matte black rather than carbon fiber same reason to protect the paint. Will the wrap be easy to remove without any damage to the paint?
hard to tell. i know from experience 3M DiNoc was not very nice to a surface after it was heat cycled above 150F. from the ad, this cf vinyl is suppose to be better than DiNoc as far as exterior use.

Old 10-02-2012, 09:55 PM
5 Year Member

for both the 07-08 and 09-13 Fits, a 60" by 40" roll will be enough for the hood.

Thanks
One can do it, though two is probably easier.

Yes, it was designed as a vehicle wrap first and foremost. DiNoc was never meant to be removed / removed without damaging what you apply it to.

hard to tell. i know from experience 3M DiNoc was not very nice to a surface after it was heat cycled above 150F. from the ad, this cf vinyl is suppose to be better than DiNoc as far as exterior use.
+1 DiNoc is not an automotive wrap (though lots of places did and continue to see it that way...)

Hope that helps, let me know if you have any additional questions. Spring and Fall are the two best times to apply the wrap.

Old 10-19-2012, 11:33 AM
5 Year Member
We have not run an install photo contest in a year, but we are bringing it back for the fall.

More info on the site here

Anybody who has purchased a Headlight Armor product (Lighting Kit or even the Hexis Carbon Wrap) and has a photo of the item(s) installed on their vehicle can enter! The deadline for entry in December 21, 2012 (The Winter Solstice - Or the Apocalypse if you are totally fatalistic).

Old 10-24-2012, 03:17 PM
5 Year Member
Getting a number of entries in our photo contest, Headlight Armor Fall 2012 Photo Contest . When entering be sure to send large enough photos. The photos need to be at least 900 x 675 pixels. Good Luck and as always, thanks for choosing Headlight Armor!

Old 10-26-2012, 10:51 AM
5 Year Member
Re-grouped the Hexis Carbon Fiber Wrap on the site. Hopefully it is easier to navigate to find what you are looking for. Bulk rolls here Hexis Carbon Fiber Wrap Rolls and smaller sheets are here Hexis Carbon Fiber Wrap Sheets

The main selection can be found either by using the navigation on the left side of the site, or by clicking the blue button near the top left of the site, followed by the sub category on the left.

Old 10-31-2012, 05:58 PM
5 Year Member
For a lot of Americans, October is closing out on a low note. As we head into the sunset, know that tomorrow is a new day and a new month. Sympathies for those who have lost, and a speedy recovery for all!

Old 11-02-2012, 12:07 AM
5 Year Member
sorry i havent searched as much but im interested in wrapping my dash in carbon fiber specifically the radio and upper glove box of a 2010 fit. any idea on how to do it im not really good at these things i might ask my friend to do it.

Old 11-02-2012, 03:04 PM
5 Year Member
The application is pretty straight forward. We have a diy here showing the application on some Camaro Emblems. We do send instructions with the material. You are going to need to remove the pieces you want to cover from the vehicle, and you will need a heat gun. Hope that helps.

Old 11-07-2012, 10:19 AM
5 Year Member
alright ill order the 12x27 for my dash soon cant wait

Old 11-14-2012, 10:30 AM
5 Year Member
Maybe a bit early, but we have added the Christmas Holiday shipping schedule added to the site HeadlightArmor.com Christmas Holiday Shipping Schedule

Old 11-17-2012, 04:19 PM
5 Year Member
Failed Seibon Carbon Fiber Hood wrapped with our Hexis Carbon Fiber wrap:

Before:

After:

Old 11-21-2012, 10:20 PM
5 Year Member
Nice shots of a customer's car. Wrapped the chrome trim rings around the headlights and taillights on this MINI Cooper S with Hexis Carbon Fiber Wrap.

The trim rings were removed, the wrap installed, then the trin rings reinstalled. The inner portion is wrapped to the back side and the outside perimiter is trimmed flush with the edge.

Let us know if you have any questions about the material or its application.

Quick Reply: 3D Textured Carbon Fiber Wrap Now Available From Headlight Armor - Free Samples