My Bumper needs assistance

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2007, 07:11 PM
My Bumper needs assistance

First let me tell you how much I love my car. It's super cute while still being super efficient on gas. I enjoy everything about the car, except maybe one little thing, it has a very low profile. And if you happen to get off a driveway incorrectly, like I did, you can scratch up the bottom. Thruthfully, when I looked at my car after the scratching incident, I didn't see anything wrong with it. However, when I felt under the bumper I did feel a little scratch. Also noticed it was plastic. A few weeks later, I noticed that my fender was misalinged under the the front light. Upon closer inspection I noticed the fender is all plastic and seems like part of one of the little mounting holes broke off and it came off it's bracket.

I took it to a local body shop and asked for an estimate, which was recommended by my Honda dealer. The guy took a forever typing up estimate and was getting me kind of nervous. Told me that the bumper and fender would have to be removed, check to see if everything is ok and then put back on. That didn't throw me. What threw me was that he said both fender and bumper would have to be totally painted, even though there are no visible scratches on the fender and one small scratch under the bumper. His explanation was you can just spot treat it. My question was why do you have to spot treat it if there is nothing visible to spot treat. Also, they want to keep my car for a 5 days. I just don't have a good feeling about this.

Old 12-19-2007, 04:16 AM
s0x
5 Year Member
so heres the deal

heres the deal. its fine it got scraped if if its just the scratch your worried about welcome to EVERY SMALL CAR EVER! not to be a dick im just saying it happens. it happend to me the first night i had the car. its gunna happen alot and you cant see it so just be carefull and enjoy your car . ive had mine for 5 days and it already has 7oo miles on it lol.

Old 12-19-2007, 01:30 PM
Supervillain
5 Year Member
^ but the OP is saying it's not just a scratch, his fender/bumper/headlight area is misaligned?

Originally Posted by LittleDevil21
A few weeks later, I noticed that my fender was misalinged under the the front light. Upon closer inspection I noticed the fender is all plastic and seems like part of one of the little mounting holes broke off and it came off it's bracket.
i'm not sure if you're mistaking something else for the fender though, because the fender is not plastic on our cars.

Old 12-21-2007, 03:57 PM
Thanks Doctor, but just got back from another body shop, the fender/bumper (the piece across and under the headlights) was not misaligned and neither was the light. The piece under the head lights snapped off it's bracket and the new body shop snapped it back in place. Again not a scratch is on it. I felt under one side of the bumper trim but did not look under the bumper. Did not feel under the other side to make comparison of what the trim feels like. So, honestly can't tell if it's scratched underneath.

sOx, I'm purchasing a little bottle of touch up paint from my dealer. Cause it's good to have.