Off Topic Discussion Discuss anything that pleases you here.

Idiots on the road

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2019, 10:50 AM
Idiots on the road

Here's a new thread I've been thinking about doing for quite awhile. I hope it shows how stupid some people are on the road.

First up:

Pickup Truck In New Hampshire Collides With Marine Motorcycle Group; 7 Killed

This photo provided by Miranda Thompson shows the scene where several motorcycles and a pickup truck collided on a rural, two-lane highway Friday in Randolph, N.H.

A pickup truck in rural New Hampshire struck and killed seven people and injured three on motorcycles Friday night. The crash ignited a small fire in a nearby wooded area and left a wreckage of damaged vehicles and the bodies of victims strewn across the highway.

NPR - continues

Old 06-23-2019, 04:57 PM
5 Year Member
Isn't it a bit early to jump to the "idiots" conclusion?

What if the truck or trailer had a tire blow out? Or, what if a lead motorcycle rider drifted into the trucks lane, he swerved to avoid him and then had uncontrollable trailer sway?

Things happen and people die. That is and always has been true.

Old 06-23-2019, 06:25 PM
Originally Posted by GAFIT
Isn't it a bit early to jump to the "idiots" conclusion?

What if the truck or trailer had a tire blow out? Or, what if a lead motorcycle rider drifted into the trucks lane, he swerved to avoid him and then had uncontrollable trailer sway?

Things happen and people die. That is and always has been true.
Here's where I'm putting all my money on: The 23 yr old driver was texting his girlfriend's bf and doing something under the table with his rocky relationship. He was getting all excited about the prospects and her (the girl he's messing with) reactions. He got so excited that he forgot he was pulling a trailer and things quickly got out of hand. None of this will come out cause they don't ever investigate the perpetrator's cellphone. It will come out that he swerved to miss a rabbit and lost control.

I thought maybe there was no helmet law for motorcyclists in New Hampshire, but that's not the case. I assume the riders were properly protected, or at least legally protected.

Old 06-23-2019, 11:26 PM
5 Year Member
With enough investigation of pedestrian and bicyclist cell phones, I bet it will also come out that they were distracted when they stupidly entered into the legally marked path of a motor vehicle.

100% of the reason for the increase of pedestrian and bicyclist deaths is distracted human beings. The pedestrians and bicyclists will naively blame motor vehicles when the reality is that they all were distracted. Welcome to the modern age of not taking accountability for one's own actions.

Old 06-24-2019, 01:04 AM
Originally Posted by GAFIT
With enough investigation of pedestrian and bicyclist cell phones, I bet it will also come out that they were distracted when they stupidly entered into the legally marked path of a motor vehicle.

100% of the reason for the increase of pedestrian and bicyclist deaths is distracted human beings. The pedestrians and bicyclists will naively blame motor vehicles when the reality is that they all were distracted. Welcome to the modern age of not taking accountability for one's own actions.
Yes and the biggest distingition of the difference between drivers and bicyclists/pedestrians is that they aren't in control of 2 tons PLUS of steel, plastic and other materials that constitute a car. A ped or biker makes a mistake and more than likely they are the ones paying the price. A driver makes the mistake and SEVEN PEOPLE pay the price!*

* This all of course depends on the investigation that's never going to happen.

Old 06-24-2019, 09:01 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by User1
Yes and the biggest distingition of the difference between drivers and bicyclists/pedestrians is that they aren't in control of 2 tons PLUS of steel, plastic and other materials that constitute a car. A ped or biker makes a mistake and more than likely they are the ones paying the price. A driver makes the mistake and SEVEN PEOPLE pay the price!*

* This all of course depends on the investigation that's never going to happen.
Well, maybe it is: https://www.masslive.com/boston/2019...kers-dead.html

He's got a record a mile long -- drunk driving, drugs, larceny, and on and on. Probably had no idea how to pull a trailer, either.

Old 06-25-2019, 01:44 AM

I'd like to double my bet and no give the guy that much credit on working the angle of a love randevu. This guy was more than likely texting with his mates on where to go and what to consume that night.

Old 06-25-2019, 10:02 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by User1

This guy was more than likely texting with his mates on where to go and what to consume that night.
Probably using his vape pen to enter the text. You definitely won this one.

Old 06-25-2019, 10:33 AM
5 Year Member
It's amazing with his exemplary record he was employed as a transportation worker.

Old 10-25-2019, 01:11 AM
I was wondering what would it take to get #2 on this list. Ends up this submission doesn't even have an innocent getting hurt or losing their life. Regardless this A-hole deserves #2 to here;

An intervening car saved the lives of 2 people nearly hit by a red light runner in Phoenix. It was all caught on video.

12news.com - continues