Off Topic Discussion Discuss anything that pleases you here.

Going Back to School =(

Old 08-14-2008, 05:12 PM
5 Year Member
School will never end for me. Summer school ends in a month, and then Fall quarter. I'll be a Super Senior at UCSD! YEAH!

Old 08-14-2008, 05:14 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by C-Fit
Not really. As most people don't know, i dont have a fit, and i don't have my drivers license (i do however have my restricted). So yeah, no fit for me.
Restricted license, blah. I don't even remember what the rules were, haha.

Old 08-14-2008, 08:22 PM
Posts in the NUUDE
Retired Moderator
Originally Posted by cojaro
I live on campus, so I won't be driving the Fit all that often. Sad story, right?
Bet you cant wait for them dents.

That was my only and biggest worry when I was in HS. Dents and key marks on my Mazda. I never got one.
I tried to be as nice as possible to people in the parking lots to prevent any problems on my car.

Sometimes I miss HS.

My brother starts HS on Monday.

Old 08-14-2008, 08:30 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by I Am Ray.
Bet you cant wait for them dents.

That was my only and biggest worry when I was in HS.
My first dents I got over this summer. I got nothing all last year. Granted, I parked in the far back every time.

My only worry was my GPA in HS. Still worrying about it though. Gotta keep the scholarships!

Old 08-14-2008, 08:32 PM
Posts in the NUUDE
Retired Moderator
GPA? Is that some type of bootleg Navi......
I just enjoyed having the fastest car in HS.

Old 08-14-2008, 08:36 PM
5 Year Member
I enjoyed having a sunshine yellow '99 Dakota.

Then a Rallye Red '06 Civic coupe with all the dressin's, so it wasn't all that bad.

Old 08-14-2008, 08:46 PM
Posts in the NUUDE
Retired Moderator
DaKrota..... Thats what I called them when I worked at Dodge/Jeep.
And no comment on the 8th gen.

Old 08-14-2008, 09:20 PM
Push My Button
5 Year Member
lol, high school

Love it now, because you are going to miss it later! ....well, not right away; after collage or University

Old 08-14-2008, 09:39 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Sugarphreak
lol, high school

Love it now, because you are going to miss it later! ....well, not right away; after collage or University
Maybe so, but I've heard colleges have food in their cafeterias which is a heck of a lot better than high school. And I am an absolute sucker for good food.

Old 08-14-2008, 09:43 PM
5 Year Member
One thing I've grown to absolutely love in college: NAPS

I ♥ naps. 'Nuff said.

Originally Posted by Hootie
Maybe so, but I've heard colleges have food in their cafeterias which is a heck of a lot better than high school. And I am an absolute sucker for good food.
The college food I get/see is pretty damn good. I eat differnt things from everyone else on campus because I got a pretty severe food allergy. But the stuff I see my friends eating looks and smells damn good. My HS had mediocre food usually.

Old 08-14-2008, 09:50 PM
5 Year Member
Going into my senior year at CCSU, probably gotta do the 5 year plan though. Not sure when I start, the calender says the week of the 25th, but my online schedule doesn't have me starting until the week of the 1st.

Old 08-14-2008, 09:50 PM
RubberBabyBuggyBumpers
i miss taking the bus home from H.S. u never know who and what can happen on a lynx bus lol..

online college classes ftw ! lol

Old 08-14-2008, 09:58 PM
5 Year Member
You find those courses pretty convienent or are they a lot of work? My mom wanted to go back and finish her degree this year but she's afraid she won't have enough time to physically go there. A lot of people have been telling her that the online courses are pretty time demanding too though.

Old 08-14-2008, 10:10 PM
Push My Button
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Arisenfury
You find those courses pretty convienent or are they a lot of work? My mom wanted to go back and finish her degree this year but she's afraid she won't have enough time to physically go there. A lot of people have been telling her that the online courses are pretty time demanding too though.
I went to collage for some "Upgrading" (another word for mandatory time waster and rip off) a few years ago because I was going to take a stab at getting an engineering degree; trying to manage that and work was a nightmare.

I basically came to the conclusion that while I enjoy being a full time drunk student, I would probably go into financial ruin trying to get myself through a degree.... sort of like I did the first time

At the end of the day I passed on the whole thing, I make more than most Engineers in my business anyway so I figured hey, why ruin a good thing

Old 08-14-2008, 10:16 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Sugarphreak
I went to collage for some "Upgrading" (another word for mandatory time waster and rip off) a few years ago because I was going to take a stab at getting an engineering degree; trying to manage that and work was a nightmare.

I basically came to the conclusion that while I enjoy being a full time drunk student, I would probably go into financial ruin trying to get myself through a degree.... sort of like I did the first time

At the end of the day I passed on the whole thing, I make more than most Engineers in my business anyway so I figured hey, why ruin a good thing
I'm working on a Mechanical Engineering degree o_O Thank God I have no desire to/can't drink the alky.

Old 08-14-2008, 10:22 PM
Retired Moderator
You wanna know whats sad, i dont even know what day i go back...heh :-/

Old 08-14-2008, 10:42 PM
Posts in the NUUDE
Retired Moderator
Originally Posted by Hootie
My HS had Chik-Fil-A, Pizzahut, PapaJohns, Tacobell, and a few others. It was different everyday and mixed up per week so people wouldnt get bored.

Old 08-14-2008, 10:47 PM
RubberBabyBuggyBumpers
Originally Posted by Arisenfury

na its at your own pace and you dont start paying back until you complete the course ...

my mom is actually doing online courses for her B.A. as well it works out well for both of us because she works a billion hours a week and im always at work or occupied with my munchkin.

Old 08-14-2008, 10:49 PM
RubberBabyBuggyBumpers
My HS had Chik-Fil-A, Pizzahut, PapaJohns, Tacobell, and a few others. It was different everyday and mixed up per week so people wouldnt get bored.

What HS did u go to ? thats pimp right there !.... all we had at colonial was chick-fil-a and papa johns and the pizza was always cold in the middle lol

Old 08-14-2008, 10:52 PM
5 Year Member
Mine also has Papa Johns and used to have a Chik-Fil-A till a kid who was deathly allergic to peanut butter moved here. But the prices were crazy, $2 for a slice of pizza and $3.25 for a chicken sammich.

The college food I get/see is pretty damn good. I eat differnt things from everyone else on campus because I got a pretty severe food allergy. But the stuff I see my friends eating looks and smells damn good. My HS had mediocre food usually.
Man, the food over at my high school flat out blows. Everything is either soy, baked, or "manufactured food" that tastes like plastic and will have you heading towards the can in 10 minutes.

I'm working on a Mechanical Engineering degree o_O Thank God I have no desire to/can't drink the alky.
Strange, thats the same degree I was interested in pursuing. The only problem I'm having with that is actually getting myself to do the SAT, ACT, and finding a college to go to. Procrastination at its best.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Going Back to School =(