Off Topic Discussion Discuss anything that pleases you here.

Real Wheels v. Fake Wheels

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2010, 08:06 PM
5 Year Member
For a long time I had thought Austin was losing what it had that made it unique and I can tell from the last post there is still hope " Keep Austin Weird."

Old 05-01-2010, 08:31 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by !bungle
Anyway, to each his own. I dig nice wheels whatever the cost, and would praise a Fit with Slipstreams as I would one with Spoon SW388s.

i wouldn't praise either, the sw388's are ugly as sin lol

Old 05-01-2010, 09:14 PM
Why, gosh... I've discovered both who has the highest level of politeness and who may have the lowest in the same thread, that was quick!

Should I have said I'd praise a Galant with Sport Edition CD's as well as one with BBS RG-R's? Maybe I wouldn't have found out so much about your on-line personality?

Rock on, dude. May your friends be many and your enemies few.

You're probably a great guy, and I just get a bad impression reading your posts... BTW-I liked the Sidewinders on your ride better.

What I've often found in forums is that those who often complain about being hit with neg responses when they express their opinion are those who make blanket statements.

(sob... I'm so sensitive!)

For example, "the sw388's are ugly as sin" versus "I think sw388's are ugly as sin" or something similarly non-antagonistic.

It's not but a few more keystrokes...

Old 05-01-2010, 09:29 PM
Banned
Why, gosh... I've discovered both who has the highest level of politeness and who may have the lowest in the same thread, that was quick!

Should I have said I'd praise a Galant with Sport Edition CD's as well as one with BBS RG-R's? Maybe I wouldn't have found out so much about your on-line personality?

Rock on, dude. May your friends be many and your enemies few.

You're probably a great guy, and I just get a bad impression reading your posts... BTW-I liked the Sidewinders on your ride better.

What I've often found in forums is that those who often complain about being hit with neg responses when they express their opinion are those who make blanket statements.

(sob... I'm so sensitive!)

For example, "the sw388's are ugly as sin" versus "I think sw388's are ugly as sin" or something similarly non-antagonistic.

It's not but a few more keystrokes...
meh time is money lol

and yeah teh sidewinders v. rg-r's there are a quite a few on both side, w/e i like the rg-r's more

and lol it was a good example i just personally think the sw388's are ugly, although regamaster evos are the same wheel yet because of the nonflatblack are beautiful

Old 05-01-2010, 10:10 PM
Originally Posted by Gbaby2089
meh time is money lol
I'll send ya 10cents per character to add some nice words.....

Old 05-03-2010, 12:07 PM
5 Year Member
I drive my fit to work everyday. Thats it. I may take it on a roadtrip or two. Other than that, it doesnt see any track time, i don't drift it around corners, and i dont auto-x it. To me there is no sense in buying $400 a piece wheels that weight 5 lbs lighter than knock-off's. I also have a lot of bills and hopefully moving within the next few months. I cant afford to buy wheels that are going to cost me $1200+. I'm not one of those people that can go rack up credit card bills on a monthly basis.

I do appreciate a nice pair of rays, or bbs, and would love to have them, but they are way out of budget. My konigs are fine with me, because there are more important things in life than whose wheels are real or fake. They look good and thats all that matters.

Old 05-03-2010, 01:05 PM
5 Year Member
Smile

I'll send ya 10cents per character to add some nice words.....

I really like gbaby a lot, but sometimes I'd like to see someone step up and verbally bitch slap him silly...... You have to admit he has a lot of passion even if at times it verges on being inappropriately zealous and superficially elitist in nature.

Old 05-03-2010, 04:21 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by Texas Coyote

I really like gbaby a lot, but sometimes I'd like to see someone step up and verbally bitch slap him silly...... You have to admit he has a lot of passion even if at times it verges on being inappropriately zealous and superficially elitist in nature.
<3 hahaha

I just like to get a rise out of people a lot of times, imo people try to be too nice on forums, I'd rather learn from a guy who's a jerk all the time than learn nothing at all

I mean yeah in thread's like the pw thread, that's a place to be cool, but in technical sections there's nothing wrong with some heated debate

Old 05-03-2010, 09:35 PM
Originally Posted by Gbaby2089
I just like to get a rise out of people a lot of times, imo people try to be too nice on forums, I'd rather learn from a guy who's a jerk all the time than learn nothing at all

One day you'll get a rise out of the wrong guy. But sittin' at home behind a keyboard you may never realize that.

I see that you quote from Jeremy Clarkson in your sig - he's filthy rich and a celeb, that's why he gets away with being a prick. You are neither.

(he's also funny... and it's really just an act!)

But, that being said -you don't annoy me near as much as others I've read in other forums. At least you use proper spelling and grammar. Maybe there's hope for your generation yet...

Do you think that you'll only learn anything from guys that are being jerks all the time?

You really might learn a thing or two from a nice person.

(holds out a candybar and waits.....)

Old 05-03-2010, 10:21 PM
Originally Posted by Texas Coyote
For a long time I had thought Austin was losing what it had that made it unique and I can tell from the last post there is still hope " Keep Austin Weird."
Well, I hope you'll still think the same of me if I end up getting flat black 16x6.5 Slips and 205/45R16 Continental ExtremeContact DWS tires. I doubt I'll ever mod my motor, but I may also eventually get Swift Mach springs. My Fit will remain mostly stock.

I noticed your Vet status... I was an 81mm Mortarman in 1st Battalion, 4th Marines stationed in 29 Palms during the '80s. My dad did 30yrs in the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers. He retired to the Virgin Islands after he got out, but poor health finally brought him here to Texas where my brother and I can keep an eye on him. He digs my Fit, although his dream car is a Mini Cooper S.

Old 05-03-2010, 10:41 PM
5 Year Member
I have Conti Pro Contacts on flat black Enkei RPF1s... There is another 0341 FitFreak besides you..... My Bn. was in and out of the same forward support base in Northwest I Corps as 1/4 in 68-69, I humped a radio with 3/9.

Old 05-04-2010, 08:08 AM
Banned

One day you'll get a rise out of the wrong guy. But sittin' at home behind a keyboard you may never realize that.

I see that you quote from Jeremy Clarkson in your sig - he's filthy rich and a celeb, that's why he gets away with being a prick. You are neither.

(he's also funny... and it's really just an act!)

But, that being said -you don't annoy me near as much as others I've read in other forums. At least you use proper spelling and grammar. Maybe there's hope for your generation yet...

Do you think that you'll only learn anything from guys that are being jerks all the time?

You really might learn a thing or two from a nice person.

(holds out a candybar and waits.....)
haha i know there are knowledgeable people that are nice as well, in fact I've learned a lot from one person like that

and in person while still a jerk i'm not nearly this bad

as for Clarkson, I <3 Top Gear and I just think that's a very nice quote.

Old 05-04-2010, 05:47 PM
All im saying is i would love more then anything to have the real thing. But if they make fakes that look good then so be it. Between school, credit cards, car payments and rent, fake stuff is fiiiine with me. I don't need the name brand/real thing to make me happy.

I do agree on the people that buy the fake wheels and buy stickers and put them on the fake wheels is lame.

Last edited by markwalter; 05-04-2010 at 05:50 PM.
Old 05-04-2010, 05:51 PM
I like the wheels that came on my Fit. After all, it's just a car.

Old 05-04-2010, 06:08 PM
Banned
why did u even post in this thread