Off Topic Discussion Discuss anything that pleases you here.

Flash flooding near me

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2010, 07:05 PM
5 Year Member
Flash flooding near me

hey all,

i heard about a flash flood that happened near me from a friend that was working in a near by town. he had a link of a couple videos on youtube that were posted.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-gvuIvgHA4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ETp3KtZUD_8&feature=r

when i seen these i was in shock. this place is about a 45 min drive from me and i couldn't believe it. i used to work for the company he does(grocery store) and i know a few people that work in the same one, and i couldn't imagine the clean up they would have.

this morning, i get to my job site and i start working. i get a call that one of my bosses is coming to pick me up, we are going to the town where the flooding was....we have to acess the damage to a store that was flooded. we get there, and well....here are some pics.

with 2 and a half feet of water in the whole building, we determined that all the feeds for the wall plugs, isle plugs, cash registers would have to be re-fed, along with 2 new 72 circuit panels replaced. the store is going to have to be gutted, and done over. this is a decent sized drug store.

the grocery store in the vid(sobeys) is where i used to work. i took a quick walk through there, and they had a bit more water throughout the store too. the mall was the same. we only have the contract for the drug store, but the sheer chaos of this was eye opening for me. thought i'd share my day with you. lol....

Last edited by sandblasted; 12-14-2010 at 07:37 PM.
Old 12-18-2010, 04:53 PM
5 Year Member
not a reply...wow. lol