Off Topic Discussion Discuss anything that pleases you here.

Greetings from....

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2011, 03:34 AM
5 Year Member
Speaking of taking time off... the place I work at got the basement flooded so badly from the storm the other day, that it's down for the count... hopefully, they'll open back up in a few days (after dealing with the losses).

As for the tools... no worries. Between my dad and my brother... there'll be more tools than I'll ever need to do just about anything to the Fit. If i can't find a tool here, my OTHER brother probably has it at his house, which is 20 minutes away. =.="

Old 08-02-2011, 01:08 AM
5 Year Member
Greetings from.... San Diego, still.

I did my oil change. Had wanted to leave today, but I think I'm ready to leave tomorrow.

I'll head to the Grand Canyon, then Texas.

Old 08-02-2011, 01:15 AM
5 Year Member
Hey Goobers, taking the Vegas route? Chi-ching $$ Going HOT country this time huh... Safe trip bud...

Old 08-02-2011, 02:18 AM
5 Year Member
Texas is the hottest place in the country and it's going to get worse.. August is just starting and that is always the hottest month.. The forecast for Dallas is a high of 108 degrees tomorrow and yesterday was the highest electric energy consumption on record... Come on down and Chicago winters will be appealing to you after about 10 minutes outside in the heat.. If you are in the area on Sunday there is a going to be a meet in Houston Sunday and there should be about 15 Fits there..

Old 08-02-2011, 03:49 PM
5 Year Member
Okay folks, just about ready to continue with my road trip... gonna be in rush mode... man, I spent a whole week here!!! And I just realized there's a few thing I didn't do... Maybe I'll take a separate trip here some other time to deal with it (by plane).

Old 08-02-2011, 04:25 PM
5 Year Member
Oh man, that kind of stuff is standard operational procedure for me.. Hope it will all be okay.

Old 08-02-2011, 07:34 PM
5 Year Member
Greetings from... the Tanger Oulet Center.

Right now, I'm sitting in my car, engine running with A/C full blast, in the shade behind what should be the food court.

Yup, I'm heading for Vegas, baby!!!

But to be honest, I have no idea what to do there, other than buffet dinner. I'm not much of a gambler, and there isn't enough time to get tickets to a show, let alone time to watch one. So, that is the plan... grab dinner, then head off for the Grand Canyon. Hopefully, there'll be either a rest area in a cool area, or a motel along the way.

Old 08-02-2011, 08:11 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Texas Coyote
Texas is the hottest place in the country and it's going to get worse.. August is just starting and that is always the hottest month.. The forecast for Dallas is a high of 108 degrees tomorrow and yesterday was the highest electric energy consumption on record... Come on down and Chicago winters will be appealing to you after about 10 minutes outside in the heat.. If you are in the area on Sunday there is a going to be a meet in Houston Sunday and there should be about 15 Fits there..
Just for the record, the actual meet is on Saturday over at MSR Houston (in Angleton, TX), Sunday is an autocross (in Baytown, TX) get together for anyone still in the area.

Old 08-02-2011, 08:56 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Goobers
Greetings from... the Tanger Oulet Center.

Right now, I'm sitting in my car, engine running with A/C full blast, in the shade behind what should be the food court.

Yup, I'm heading for Vegas, baby!!!
HOT HOT HOT!!! Yeah good if you're not a gambler. Hit the buffet scene and hit the road. Linger around those slots long enough and you might be walking home...

Old 08-02-2011, 09:08 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Hootie
Just for the record, the actual meet is on Saturday over at MSR Houston (in Angleton, TX), Sunday is an autocross (in Baytown, TX) get together for anyone still in the area.
Oh crap Hootie, Now you can see why I can get lost the way I do..

Old 08-02-2011, 09:28 PM
5 Year Member
Oh crap Hootie, Now you can see why I can get lost the way I do..
Its all good, everyone tends to forget or mix things up.

Old 08-02-2011, 10:20 PM
5 Year Member
Well it might be better even though it's supposed to be cooler down there on Sunday... My wife is off and she lived in Htown but it was a long time ago.... She can store more info in her head than the laptop I'm on right now, keeps up with the bills, endures my sloppy unorganized ways, brings home a pay check and helped me install the supercharger kit.. She can be a complete total bitch completely out of the blue and there is no warning, rhyme or reason.. I'm just letting you know so you will be able to get me some help if I need it... She weighs less than 100 lbs but man she is scary and she might come down there with me.

Old 08-02-2011, 11:21 PM
5 Year Member
She can store more info in her head than the laptop I'm on right now.
You crack me up TC! Is it the "medication" , the booze or the Texas heat? Words just dribble out of your head and find a place in the sentence. Sounds like she's a keeper bud. I broke down what you posted so they fall into place like Tetris. Hope you don't mind. Now here's the build up.

Drum roll...
keeps up with the bill
Hit the cymbals... Drum roll resumes...
endures my sloppy unorganized ways
Hit the cymbals...Drum roll resumes...
brings home a pay check
Hit the cymbals... Drum roll resumes, build up for the finale...
helped me install the supercharger kit..
Ticker tape.... Fireworks!!!
Luv that last part... Like watching a Jay Leno episode...

Seen the movie Limitless? U Da Man TC Sorry, got carried away... Just cracks me up...

Old 08-02-2011, 11:23 PM
5 Year Member
Greetings from.... Las Vegas!

I decided to change my plans a little. I'm staying in Vegas the night (at a Best Western), then tour Hoover Dam, since I missed it the first time I visited the dam. My nose was bleeding, so I was resting in the car. By the time I felt ready, the rest of my family came back (no more tours!). After that, I hope i can make it to the GC in time for one of their tours.

I'll try to catch the meet in Houston or Angleton... or whatever.

Alrighty, time to find that buffet....hum.

Old 08-02-2011, 11:33 PM
5 Year Member
Yeah we both put up with a lot.. She gets away with a lot because she is small and looks harmless but she is a little bit obsessed with guns and I never know when she will start shooting.. I'm old and feeble of body and mind but I am still a big guy and scare people because people have been conditioned to be leery of Marine Corps Combat vets with long hair, beard and special license plates... Can't let them see our eyes, scares the shit out of them and we talk dirty.. I need sleep.. Yeah we wear shades too.

Old 08-04-2011, 12:26 AM
5 Year Member
Greetings from... subway in Flagstaff, AZ.

Holy crap, I didn't realize how far Houston is from the Grand Canyon. I got a LONG drive ahead of me.

I think I spent too much time in SF and SD... I'm gonna cut out my visit to the Florida Keys. Just as well, there's probably going to be an insane amount of traffic getting in and out anyway. C'est la vie.

Old 08-04-2011, 03:46 AM
5 Year Member
Greetings from... a rest area on the Arizona/New Mexico border (AZ side), off the I-40.

Took me while to get here from that subway, I forgot that i wanted to pump gas around where I ate... ended up pushing the trip meter to about 334 miles on that tank of gas. Yes, the gas did come on before getting to the gas station.

I'm pretty much done for the day, gonna zonk out in a nice and darker area of this rest area.

Tomorrow and the day after are gonna be long drives. 1100+ miles...

Old 08-04-2011, 03:54 AM
5 Year Member
Goobers, you are one driving fool... You need to get a big BMW motorcycle and enter the Iron Butt Rally.. You are going to circumnavigate the whole country by the time you have finished this trip..

Old 08-04-2011, 01:49 PM
5 Year Member
Crazy Goobs! Chugging a lot of Monster drinks?

Old 08-04-2011, 02:24 PM
5 Year Member
I can't help but think of the song "Miles and miles of Texas" thinking about what Goobers is in for... Driving between the two points in the state that are the farthest apart would take over 16 hours if you could average 60 MPH... 50 MPH is about as good I have going ever gotten driving 1/4 that distance.

Quick Reply: Greetings from....