Off Topic Discussion Discuss anything that pleases you here.

Lurkers check in

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2011, 02:24 PM
5 Year Member
Lurkers check in

I've been a member of the Fit Freak community since 2008 when I bought my '08 BBP Sport. Since then I have slowly been moding my car the way I like.
This site has been very informative and thank you to the members that have contributed to that.
I have had my small share of posts but for the most part I'll spend my time reading, searching then reading some more and laughing at the drama that certain members (you know who you are) stir up.

I know there are more members like me on this site, post a comment here and make your presence know.

Cheers,

Old 08-04-2011, 05:05 AM
Haha. I didn't register until today, but I've been reading since December 2010 when I got my Fit. I just don't feel like I have the knowledge to contribute anything useful. This forum has been very informative though, and I <3 it.

Old 08-04-2011, 12:14 PM
I need to not be on here as much.

Old 08-04-2011, 01:10 PM
5 Year Member
Graffiti, Welcome to the forum, officially.

Bthasht, I think the same can be said for most members.

Old 08-06-2011, 12:54 PM
5 Year Member
No other forum stalkers out there?

Old 08-06-2011, 02:44 PM
5 Year Member
You there in the back.....SPEAK!

Yup, lurker right here, I need to post more, everything on here is so important to keeping the fit alive and running strong. I am at 75,813 Kilometers today after I went to get a peanut sponge for washing this afternoon. I don't read the drama that goes on here. Nice to meet all that kreep it real lurkerz

_Ghost IM 5000.

Old 08-06-2011, 02:55 PM
5 Year Member
Lance, glad to hear that you are there, somewhere reading the forum.
My question is how do you have 75,xxx km living on the island? I drive to Saskatoon and back (from Chilliwack) on a yearly basis and just broke 82,xxx km.
I'm also glad to see that the fellow lurker has an extensive mod list. Its hard to read the forums often and not have the urge to go swap out some parts.
Any plans for coilovers or lowering springs? that's next on my list.

Old 08-08-2011, 12:19 AM
5 Year Member
Wow the time has come!

OK, so right after I post on here I go outside to grab my new sponge and my remote key less entry does not work. It turns out my battery has died. This story is a good one for a couple reasons coming up.
When I open the hood to go to disconnect the terminal & I hear a 'ticking' coming from my voltage stabilizer, and quickly react...10mm socket and (-) connection.
Phiew glad I caught that in time, I could have been caught somewhere with a dead fit/. Sub note:
*This is the stock battery from a '06 shipped and received on '07... so pretty dam good :P
So with 2 hours to go before Honda closes on a Sat I get down there and pay $134 Can + HST=(150.00ish .On the way out I ask the guy if I can just take one of the oil plug rings they have just chillin by the debit, and hes like yeah, Im like cool, I'll be doing my own oil change soon and could use a new one. WORD UP.
Sub note:
I had noticed a severe loss in gas mileage this last week leading up to this now issue with the battery. We are talking I filled up and at a half a tank was only at 220 kms ish... just wanted to mention that.
After installing and doing the relearn cycle I was good to go for a test rip, I can honestly say the car felt like new again but with my mods. There is a real difference between a dying battery and a fresh new one. GTG L8R!

Last edited by Lance; 08-08-2011 at 12:21 AM. Reason: sp
Old 08-19-2011, 12:22 PM
*Raises hand*

My 97 Civic is on its way out (no one can seem to figure it out) and since I have a decent income I've decided to get a new car instead of attempting to repair the Civic. I had narrowed it down to the Yaris and the Fit, but after driving the Yaris I felt offended. Drove around in a Fit, and absolutely loved it. So now that I've decided which car to purchase, I've of course become obsessed with it and stumbled upon these forums a few days ago.

Loving all of the info I've been getting, and I can't wait to get my Fit. 5MT Sport w/ Crystal Black Pearl. Just gotta get together a down payment =P

Old 08-19-2011, 12:28 PM
Cat
Someone that spends HER life on FitFreak.net
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Breimann
*Raises hand*

My 97 Civic is on its way out (no one can seem to figure it out) and since I have a decent income I've decided to get a new car instead of attempting to repair the Civic. I had narrowed it down to the Yaris and the Fit, but after driving the Yaris I felt offended. Drove around in a Fit, and absolutely loved it. So now that I've decided which car to purchase, I've of course become obsessed with it and stumbled upon these forums a few days ago.

Loving all of the info I've been getting, and I can't wait to get my Fit. 5MT Sport w/ Crystal Black Pearl. Just gotta get together a down payment =P

Welcome to the site! Glad you found us and you'll learn alot about your car and what is happening with any recalls. Do you have any plans for modifications?

Old 08-19-2011, 12:42 PM
Originally Posted by Cat
Welcome to the site! Glad you found us and you'll learn alot about your car and what is happening with any recalls. Do you have any plans for modifications?
Tinting, some sort of stealth sound system (my brother did a really good job on his tC, hoping he can help with mine), and I'm thinking about going with dark red accents on the interior. No exhausts/intakes/etc for me...

Old 08-19-2011, 01:08 PM
5 Year Member
I like you lurkers, people who are more interested in learning than making useless spam. You're the ones who actually use the search feature for answers rather than making post after post of some of the same stuff that has been answered. And when you do post, it's because you have something to contribute. I'm sort of the same way, even though I have been here 3 years, I have only made 550 something posts, about 1 per 2 days.

Old 08-19-2011, 02:42 PM
5 Year Member
Vanct, Welcome to the lurkers club. You make a great point about our type being the useful contributors. I use the search feature quite regularly and i usually have to read 7 different threads to find the correct answer all while reading the same arguments made by the same people.
And for those that post "help, I've tried searching", you obviously have not searched often enough for other topics. It takes skill to find things on this site because of all the thread duplicates that get nowhere because of the thread-ender saying "do a search"

sorry /rant

Old 08-19-2011, 06:33 PM
<--- Waves hello!

Old 08-19-2011, 07:32 PM
I have been a member since I got my 2009 CBP Sport (2 years now!). I wish I was on as much as I used to be, but this site has been here when I needed help. Thanks guys!

Old 08-20-2011, 04:44 PM
check check