Off Topic Discussion Discuss anything that pleases you here.

My new 1500cc JDM toy only has 3 wheels

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2013, 08:21 AM
5 Year Member
My new 1500cc JDM toy only has 3 wheels

I have finally found a decent ride that gets over 40 MPG, is pretty fast, turns heads and is very unique... It's a 2002 Kawasaki Vulcan with straight pipes and a 1930s styled sidecar... My last side hack was a 1973 BMW 750-5 with a Velorex sidecar... It was a little under powered and the light weight car spent a great deal of the time with the wheel off of the ground.. It was a lot of fun and women that would never ride on a two wheel bike loved taking a ride in the car even when when it was airborne.... The torque monster Vulcan is a completely different breed of animal that sits much lower and weighs more than the little BMW without the car... When accelerating I have to fight the huge wide handlebars to keep the bike from pulling around the car and when on the brakes I have to fight with it to keep the car from pulling around the car which stays pretty much on the ground.... The big V-Twin engine is a lot more responsive than my old Harley Wide Glide in when stock and more docile than it was with massive engine modifications and easily cruises at 85 MPH... The S curve that I love to sail through in my Fit is terrifying to me at 2/3 the speed on the sidecar rig but should be much less so once I am able to dial in the suspension, lean out and toe in of the rig... Mounting automobile tires on it will make a great deal of difference also as will building my upper body strength by riding it a lot.http://images.craigslist.org/3K23J43...b007fe1355.jpg

Last edited by Texas Coyote; 03-17-2013 at 08:34 AM.
Old 03-17-2013, 03:50 PM
5 Year Member
WHOA! Nice pick up TC! Looks like fun. Now is the wifey willing to ride in the side car? Got your Snoopy cap, goggles and red scarf yet?

Old 03-17-2013, 05:36 PM
5 Year Member
The wife likes it but says that the tiny British Brooklands wind screen is too small... One of my former dogs ate my leather helmet years ago so we will both be wearing white 1/2 helmets and fake RayBan sunglasses... I have a brown leather HeinGericke Paris-Dakar touring coat that will be great when it's cold and a Gerbens heated suit I can plug in if I ever go up north... We both have the good old belted double lapel black leather jackets also... My crazy dog will probably get to ride in it more often than she does though so I'll be looking for doggie goggles..

Old 03-17-2013, 10:10 PM
Originally Posted by Texas Coyote
The wife likes it but says that the tiny British Brooklands wind screen is too small... One of my former dogs ate my leather helmet years ago so we will both be wearing white 1/2 helmets and fake RayBan sunglasses... I have a brown leather HeinGericke Paris-Dakar touring coat that will be great when it's cold and a Gerbens heated suit I can plug in if I ever go up north... We both have the good old belted double lapel black leather jackets also... My crazy dog will probably get to ride in it more often than she does though so I'll be looking for doggie goggles..
Oh hell yes. I would consider loaning a camera just to get footage of the pup out for a cruise

Old 03-18-2013, 11:56 AM
5 Year Member
TC, Check out these for your pooch! HomeDoggles Online

AWESOME ride!

On one of our many family cross country road trips, we stopped in at a diner and at the tneder age of 4 I was ENTHRALLED by an old pan head with a side car. When the owner came out of the place (typical tattoos, bandanna piercings, leather and beard) I thank my very trusting parents as they he took me for rip around the parking lot

Less than a year later I was driving 1/4 midgets on 1/8th mile dirt tracks LOL