Other Car Related Discussions Discuss all other cars here.

Please help me pick the right Daily/Weekend car

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2006, 01:10 PM
dsk
Please help me pick the right Daily/Weekend car

Hey FitFreaks,

As you may of already know from my previous posts, ive been looking for a car and i had ran into some problems. The problem still remains, and i am still taking the Fit into consideration....so here it is.

For those that dont know Im currently in the market for a daily driver as well as a weekend fun car. Im debating between a few options actually. I currently own a VW GTI 1.8T and i do enjoy VWs. However, it seems like VW lacks the handling capabilities i would like out of a daily driver. Im looking for something that would be fairly good on gas mileage, handles great, and capable of packing a great punch. I do plan on attending road course and track days starting in Feb. Money will also be an issue to a certain extense. I have about $18k-$20k to play with.

At first i was looking into EP3s, however i have changed my mind and decided to go with something different.

The following is a list of cars that i am debating between. If you feel as if there is another car that could/may fit my needs please do add to it.

1.) S2000 (AP1)
+Mods that would be done
-Vortech Supercahrger
-KW V2 Coilovers
2.) Honda Fit
+Mods that would be done
-K20 Swap or Turbocharged
-Not sure about suspension
3.) Audi A4 Wagon Quattor (4WD) 1.8T
+Mods That would be done
-GT30 Turbo Kit
-B&G RS Line Coilovers
4.) MK3 Jetta (94-98 Model) VR6
+Mods that would be done
-GT3076R Kit
-KW V2 Coilovers
*If i go with this option, i may be able to afford a Tacoma as another car.

I honestly do not know how a Fit would handle with the extra added power to the vehicle because of its size, but I do have a goal i would like to meet. I have ridden in many of my friends Evos and what now, and after being in them i was impressed. However, i do want a little more than that...i am aiming to reach the goal of having at least a mid 12 sec daily driver.

How do you guys think the Fit would do on the road courses ike buttonwillow with all the extra added power. How far has people reached with turbo fits already? How far has people reached with k20 swaps? Last but not least, do you guys think that reaching the goal of hitting mid 12's in a fit is optimistic?

If you have anymore insight on this please add. Sorry for my ignorance, but this is a goal i want to meet as a daily, i hope you guys could understand and give a helping hand...i would not have posted here if i ddint need any help.

Thanks a lot in advance.

-Duston

Old 12-12-2006, 03:04 AM
daily driving. fit

Old 12-12-2006, 03:08 AM
fit with a k20 swap + turbo or super charger(if available)= winner