Other Car Related Discussions Discuss all other cars here.

Nissan Note vs Honda Jazz

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2007, 05:31 PM
5 Year Member
Nissan Note vs Honda Jazz

I'm not sure what the Nissan Note is named in the US, but here you can read a review of the car: Nissan Note 1.4 S | New Car Reviews | Car Reviews | Auto Express
It is not the same as Versa. Versa looks like a smaler car, but is not avaiable in Norway so I dont know much about the Versa.

I have tried the Nissan Note Acenta 1.6L CVT in october 2006 (among 15 other cars, and the Jazz 1.4L CVT) and my conclusion was this:
1. Cost more (about 5% more than Jazz with aprox same spec)

2. Not the same big cargo room. Folding down seat made a hump in cargo floor (like most other cars except Jazz/Fit), and did not have the same hight as the Jazz.

3. Cheap and dull looking interior, both seats and instrument panel.

4. CVT was avaiable, but without the paddles and possibility to shift manually in any other way than on the stick.

5. Note has a larger motor (1.6L /110hk). Is avaiable in 1.4L engine but only with manual gears.

6. The back-end look awful. And the light creaping up on the roof and forwards looks very ugly. The Jazz is more subtle here. And even if the jazz has a steep backend it has some curve to it that makes it nice and stylish. The Note looks like someone made the car too long and had to cut it off with a knife...

7. Driving the Note; harder to steer, had to use more force to the steering wheel. I could not feel the road as good as in the Jazz. Very important when driving in winter (that we have almost 5 month each year). The Note has slower response to throttle even if it has a larger engine.

8. Driver possition in the Note was not as comfy as in the Jazz. But I'm short and that have maybe something to do with it (175cm). But there was more things to adjust on the Note's seats, even if did not help me.

9. The back seats in the Note was better than in the Jazz. The Jazz back seats is a bit hard.

10. Note has a frontseat center armrest and a backseat center armreast.

11. Note is avaiable in Europe in many diffrent versions: Visia, Acenta and Tekna. Visia is the basic version without any extra (ESP, AC, Bluetooth, good stereo radio/CD player, more speakers and more). Acenta has the most used items, and Tekna has everything they got. And they all is avaiable with 1.4L (manual), 1.6L (cvt/manual), 1.5L Diesel (manual). Except Tekna is not avaiable with 1.4L engine.
Jazz is only avaiable in 1.4L engine, manual or CVT.

12. On the Jazz you can add on the styling set as in the Sport version in US, rubber protection on the sides, bluetooth, door sills, foglights, parking sensors, sports grill, some crome, 3 diffrent alu wheels and some other small details.
The Note has no other styling than some eyeliner for the headlights, a small wing in the back and some doorsills.

Old 01-11-2007, 06:39 PM
we dont have nissan note here in the u.s.... i really wish we had european and asian cars at times instead of the tanks all over...

Old 01-12-2007, 04:02 PM
this thread has an utterly ridiculous lack of pictures.

ahem.

c'mon....

Old 01-12-2007, 06:36 PM
5 Year Member
Nissan Note back:

Nissan Note front:

Better?

Old 01-12-2007, 06:41 PM
ahhhh

just a thought from sitting in the versa, which seems to be close enough: i didn't like it at all. i get this from a lot of nissans though. their designs are flat, uninspired, and not all that useful *shrug*

to top it off, the note is ugly. there just aren't any aspects of it that outdo the fit, are there?

Old 01-12-2007, 06:50 PM
5 Year Member
The only possitive thing I could find with Note vs Jazz is that the Note is avaible in Norway wit three diffrent engines; 1.4L, 1.6L and 1.5L Diesel
But that was far from enough to convince me.
But the Nissan Note was the only car of the 15-20 other car that I tried that resembled the Honda Jazz in size and outside design.
Some other cars like Ford Fusion and Ford Focus C-max I only drove for about 2min before I desided that those cars was a long way from what I wanted.