General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

Diffrence between US Fit and European Jazz

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2007, 06:54 AM
5 Year Member
Diffrence between US Fit and European Jazz

Is there many things except the name that is diffrent from the US Fit versus the European Jazz?

Things that looks like it is diffrent so far:

Jazz comes with CVT transmission versus US Fit comes with AT transmission.
Jazz has electronic AC, US Fit has manual / mechanical AC.
Jazz has front seats hight adjustment.
Jazz has direction lights in mirrors.
Jazz has curved mirrors for cover the blind spot behind.
Jazz has intermittent rear vipers.

In Norway the Jazz comes standard with:
Rubber floor mats, cargo bay cover, cargo tray in plastic, AUX input, keyless entry.

Does the US Fit has:
Heating in the mirrors?

What type of extra equipment can you get to the US Fit (from Honda)?
In Norway this is the list of extras:
  • Metallic finish for the instrument panel.
  • Leather stearing wheel.
  • Gearknop of metal (MT).
  • Ultra Mat; Rubber mat for cargo bay that covers the seats back too.
  • Ultra Net; cargo bay net and/or back seat net.
  • Armrest with rooms for small stuff like CD's.
  • Roof console with rooms for small stuff like sunglasses and CD's.
  • Door under garnish.
  • Rubber mat for the shelf under the instrument panel.
  • DVD/CD player with navigation (not avaiable for the 2007 model yet).
  • Sobwoofer (not avaiable for the 2007 model yet).
  • Parking sensors.
  • Foglights
  • Roof spoiler (as on the sport model of US Fit)
  • Front and rear sports bumber and side skirts.
  • Front grill with crome.
  • Decoration for the B collumn.
  • 5, 6 or 7 spoked alu wheels.
  • Rubber trim for the doors and bumbers.
  • A crome list for the hatch.
  • Mudguard for front and rear.
  • Three types of floor mats.
  • Four types of children seats.
  • Three types of roof racks.
  • Electronic Cooling bag
  • Permanent or removable trailer ball mount.

As engine option we only have one in Norway:
1,4 DSI SOHC, 83 hk (or 1.4 LS)
And there is a manual MT or CVT edition.

And we have these color options (taken from the norwegian Honda website):
  • Nighthawk Black Pearl
  • Vivid Blue Pearl
  • Sirius Blue Metallic
  • Chiffon Green Metallic
  • Taffeta White
  • Storm Silver Metallic
  • Sparkle Gray Pearl
  • Alabaster Silver Metallic
  • Black Amethyst Pearl
  • Helios Yellow Pearl
  • Blaze Orange Metallic
  • Milano Red
But out of these colors NHBP, VBP, SSM, BOM and MR is the most common. From the Honda office where these car has been ordered from in Norway I got the information that apart from my BAP there is a few Taffeta White and a few Helios Yellow Pearl. They was not sure about how many, but it was less than 10 of each (white and yellow) sold in Norway. And as said earlier, I have the first BAP colored Jazz in Norway so far.
I don't know if there is other color options in other countries. I have tried the

Have search the Honda websites in diffrent European countries and it seems that they have the same options. Some diffrence in engine options and color, but otherwise it is the same all over. (Sweedish, Norwergian and Finnish site looks identical except for the diffrence in language).

Old 04-09-2007, 09:21 AM
kps
Honda Fit Forums Moderator
The big difference in the body is that the hood and bumpers of the North American version are longer due to US crash test standards. There are a couple other minor body differences -- the fuel cap is higher and the antenna is at the back.

The NA version has side front and side curtain airbags on all versions.

We don't have heated mirrors -- unfortunately not available even as an option, even here in Canada. (The flat driver's side mirror is a regulatory requirement, by the way; the passenger side mirror is curved.)

The engine is the L15A VTEC (1.5L, 109hp).

Old 04-09-2007, 01:26 PM
s0x
5 Year Member
hhahahhahahhahahahhahah

Originally Posted by F0NIX
Is there many things except the name that is diffrent from the US Fit versus the European Jazz?

Things that looks like it is diffrent so far:

Jazz comes with CVT transmission versus US Fit comes with AT transmission.
Jazz has electronic AC, US Fit has manual / mechanical AC.
Jazz has front seats hight adjustment.
Jazz has direction lights in mirrors.
Jazz has curved mirrors for cover the blind spot behind.
Jazz has intermittent rear vipers.

In Norway the Jazz comes standard with:
Rubber floor mats, cargo bay cover, cargo tray in plastic, AUX input, keyless entry.

Does the US Fit has:
Heating in the mirrors?

What type of extra equipment can you get to the US Fit (from Honda)?
In Norway this is the list of extras:
  • Metallic finish for the instrument panel.
  • Leather stearing wheel.
  • Gearknop of metal (MT).
  • Ultra Mat; Rubber mat for cargo bay that covers the seats back too.
  • Ultra Net; cargo bay net and/or back seat net.
  • Armrest with rooms for small stuff like CD's.
  • Roof console with rooms for small stuff like sunglasses and CD's.
  • Door under garnish.
  • Rubber mat for the shelf under the instrument panel.
  • DVD/CD player with navigation (not avaiable for the 2007 model yet).
  • Sobwoofer (not avaiable for the 2007 model yet).
  • Parking sensors.
  • Foglights
  • Roof spoiler (as on the sport model of US Fit)
  • Front and rear sports bumber and side skirts.
  • Front grill with crome.
  • Decoration for the B collumn.
  • 5, 6 or 7 spoked alu wheels.
  • Rubber trim for the doors and bumbers.
  • A crome list for the hatch.
  • Mudguard for front and rear.
  • Three types of floor mats.
  • Four types of children seats.
  • Three types of roof racks.
  • Electronic Cooling bag
  • Permanent or removable trailer ball mount.
As engine option we only have one in Norway:
1,4 DSI SOHC, 83 hk (or 1.4 LS)
And there is a manual MT or CVT edition.

And we have these color options (taken from the norwegian Honda website):
  • Nighthawk Black Pearl
  • Vivid Blue Pearl
  • Sirius Blue Metallic
  • Chiffon Green Metallic
  • Taffeta White
  • Storm Silver Metallic
  • Sparkle Gray Pearl
  • Alabaster Silver Metallic
  • Black Amethyst Pearl
  • Helios Yellow Pearl
  • Blaze Orange Metallic
  • Milano Red
But out of these colors NHBP, VBP, SSM, BOM and MR is the most common. From the Honda office where these car has been ordered from in Norway I got the information that apart from my BAP there is a few Taffeta White and a few Helios Yellow Pearl. They was not sure about how many, but it was less than 10 of each (white and yellow) sold in Norway. And as said earlier, I have the first BAP colored Jazz in Norway so far.
I don't know if there is other color options in other countries. I have tried the

Have search the Honda websites in diffrent European countries and it seems that they have the same options. Some diffrence in engine options and color, but otherwise it is the same all over. (Sweedish, Norwergian and Finnish site looks identical except for the diffrence in language).
im moving to norway whos commin wit me!!!!

Old 04-09-2007, 01:40 PM
5 Year Member
There also is a difference is that EDM only get the iDSi option and not the VTEC 1.5 (which I'd rather prefer)

I have UK-spec Jazz L12A 1.2L iDSi engine (which is only available within Europe as Europe seems to be more conscious about economy). UK also does have the 1.4 version iDSI, however it really is the L13A GD3 1.3L engine but they named it 1.4 so it's more differientated.

As far as I know, EDM and JDM spec ones are very similar in terms of accessories. Obviously the JDM spec ones always comes with more options but they're pretty similar in terms of shape and other stuff like rear discs.

Old 04-09-2007, 02:19 PM
The U.S. Fit doesn't have a CVT tranny, while the European Fit does have a CVT tranny. I dearly wanted a CVT Honda Fit. Failing that I eventually found a CVT in my fifth car choice. I love my Dodge Caliber w/CVT. But why wouldn't Honda (& Toyota...& Mazda) not sell CVTs in this country?

Old 04-10-2007, 02:00 AM
Originally Posted by litesong
The U.S. Fit doesn't have a CVT tranny, while the European Fit does have a CVT tranny. I dearly wanted a CVT Honda Fit. Failing that I eventually found a CVT in my fifth car choice. I love my Dodge Caliber w/CVT. But why wouldn't Honda (& Toyota...& Mazda) not sell CVTs in this country?
I remember hearing once that it was found in a study that US drivers could not get used to no shift shock. I think in one of the few CVT cars (A nissan maybe) released in the USDM, they actually added fake shift shock to the cvt....

I feel the same way though, i hope once the fits a little more popular, we can get some JDM engines with the cvt to drop in. Maybe by the time i kill my engine theyll be more available...

Old 04-10-2007, 01:35 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by s0x
im moving to norway whos commin wit me!!!!
And a stock Honda Jazz with 1.4L engine cost 180.000NOK (about 29.500US$) and the fuel is about 1.95US$ for 1 Litre.
Here in my area we still have 170cm with snow...
And in december/january there are almost no light in the midle of the day.

Still want to come?

PS! The sun is up both night and day in the summer time...

Old 04-10-2007, 01:42 PM
s0x
5 Year Member
And a stock Honda Jazz with 1.4L engine cost 180.000NOK (about 29.500US$) and the fuel is about 1.95US$ for 1 Litre.
Here in my area we still have 170cm with snow...
And in december/january there are almost no light in the midle of the day.

Still want to come?

PS! The sun is up both night and day in the summer time...
IM GOIN TO HAWAII WHOS COMMIN WIT ME

Old 04-11-2007, 04:49 PM
Father of the Wasteland
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by litesong
If im not mistaken, didn't Honda say they where going to stop using CVT's due to a quality issue?

Offtopic: so you bought a Neon er i mean Caliber because it had CVT? Im not trying to be an ass, im just curious if there was more to it?

Originally Posted by s0x
IM GOIN TO HAWAII WHOS COMMIN WIT ME
**** yes... Think they'll let me take a jet ski on the plane.

Old 04-11-2007, 05:00 PM
I prefer the more squashed up look of European Honda Jazz Sports against the longer-nosed US ones.
Although...I would give the front end of my car off for that L15 engine!
Although...That would give me no place to put the engine.

Old 04-11-2007, 06:26 PM
Our list of options from honda is pretty short - Here's what I know of that you can get in the US from Honda as an non import OEM part - Other stuff has been taken care of by the aftermarket.

Leather stearing wheel (not an option, this is standard on the Sport only)
Gearknop of metal (MT).
Foglights (std on the Sport, option for Base)
Roof spoiler (not available as an option AFAIK, maybe as a part for people with the base model)
Front and rear sports bumber and side skirts. (same as roof spoiler)
Three types of floor mats. (we have 2 - carpet and all season)

Not on your list, we have
- 16" wheels
- custom front grille (but I don't think it's chrome - I think it's kind of ugly personally)
- Ipod link

I think that may be it!

Wish we could get:
Three types of roof racks. (maybe one at least??)
Electronic Cooling bag
Permanent or removable trailer ball mount.(interesting - in the US the fit is not rated to tow anything at all - whats different here that you have this as an option??)

Old 04-12-2007, 03:33 PM
5 Year Member
The longer "nose" thing on the US Fit, I can't see that I can see it clearly. I lknow you have it but it does not look very diffrent on the pictures I've seen.

Another thing that is diffrent Jazz vs Fit is that the European Jazz does not have the maintenance reminder thing (I think...). How does that work anyway? Does it show up in the display every time you turn on the engine or do you have to do some "coding" with the key?

The maintenance minder function on the display is not mentioned anywhere in the manual.

The maintenance for oilchange and everything else is writen in the manual, and there is a maintenance logbook where the workshop you have the car in service at write the note for how far the car has gone and what they did on the service. In there you can see for yourself what has to be changed at which interval. Some things has to be changed after a specified time other things after spesified distance.

And I forgot the Ipod link in my list.

And the US Fit can have a trailer ball mounting but cant tow anything?? That seems strange...

And the list goes on...
The Jazz has that turning knob for hight adjustment of the front seats and the Fit does not.
The Fit has two difftent possitions on the rear seat backs (to bee able to put it in Comfort Mode?). The Jazz does not have this function...

Last edited by F0NIX; 04-12-2007 at 03:53 PM.
Old 04-12-2007, 03:56 PM
5 Year Member
We also get a headlight adjuster switch, depending on how evil we are, we can set the height of the beams. haha.

Old 04-12-2007, 05:32 PM
Another thing that is diffrent Jazz vs Fit is that the European Jazz does not have the maintenance reminder thing (I think...). How does that work anyway? Does it show up in the display every time you turn on the engine or do you have to do some "coding" with the key?

The maintenance minder function on the display is not mentioned anywhere in the manual.

And the US Fit can have a trailer ball mounting but cant tow anything?? That seems strange...
The maintenance minder shows a little yellow icon of a wrench if you are due for service, and a letter code indicating what service is to be performed. It's reset (telling it that the service has been performed) by pushing and holding down the trip odometer a couple of times when the letter code is displayed. I'm not sure how many codes are shown, the only one I've hit so far is the oil life indication.....

Honda does NOT offer a trailer ball mounting on the Fit in the US, and the manual states somewhere that you should not tow anything. I'm sure that you could have a shop mount a trailer ball for you, but Honda's official position in the US is that the Fit isn't fit for towing......

Old 04-16-2007, 09:28 PM
Hi Ricepuddin...Yes, the reason I got the Dodge Caliber with CVT was because Honda, Toyota, & Mazda didn't have a CVT. Also, Nissan had a CVT but it was priced $3000 more than the Dodge Caliber.
You see, I've been waiting for a perfected(reliable) low priced CVT for 16 years. I've never paid more than $5000 for a car, & even Caliber's relatively low new car price of $14,000 was a major shock to me. So paying an extra $3000 for a transmission was too much for my system. Altho the Caliber was my fifth choice, I fortunately bot an excellent car. With 8000miles, it runs 100% with no creaks or rattles. Tho of lower MPG than many other cars, my average MPG thru the bad winter is 29.3MPG & rising(w/recent warm weather & summer mix gas) with a flat highway high of 34.9MPG. Over 4000 foot mountains here in Washington State it is averaging 32.5MPG. Finally, the CVT causes the car to act like it is a magic carpet! The acceleration is elegantly smooth & fills my 16 years of hoping with serene pleasure.

Old 04-16-2007, 09:56 PM
Honda CVT's

I have put a few miles on my dad's '03 Civic Hybrid with CVT. I had also driven a MINI Cooper with a CVT.

The best part about the MINI Cooper and the CVT ws leaving Indianapolis Motor Speedway after the 2006 USGP.... No CLutch. Otherwise it sucked!.

The honda hybrid CVT is ok, I keep wanting it to downshift and it never does. I have to mentally work harder to drive the Hybrid with the CVT. For me, it is a game to see how little you can hit the boost lights when the batteries boost the engine. Better to keep it in the charge lights and top up the batteries.

Old 04-16-2007, 10:53 PM
DrDiff....With the CVT you have to think airplane...not car. Press the gas pedal till you have the rpms you want & away you go! Think airplane. Your rpms remain roughly the same as you accelerate down the road(think runway). As your speed mounts down the road(think runway), there is no shifting which is the same thing you DON'T feel in an airplane. Two things that aren't like an airplane is the quiet engine & if you're trying for high MPG, you have low rpms unlike the high rpms of an airplane taking off. Its truly amazing.

One better feeling than CVT acceleration is travel in the mountains. Every highway grade & every step of the gas pedal is taken with the engine in the perfect gear to make the engine work the LEAST....an extraordinary experience. That is why my Caliber CVT car averages 32.5MPG in the mountains....almost 10% OVER the EPA highway average. Indeed, the engine is working its least!

I love the way CVT cars drive! Chuck the 4speed automatic transmissions. My life long use of manual transmissions may be coming to a complete end, except for my remaining 4 speed manual 1988 Ford Festiva.