Other Car Related Discussions Discuss all other cars here.

Fit Vs. Uk Civic

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2007, 01:34 PM
Fit Vs. Uk Civic

Honda (UK) - Civic

HAS ANYONE ELSE SEEN THIS CIVIC AVAILABLE IN THE UK? :eek: UN-FRIGGIN-BELIEVABLE! LOOKS LIKE A CONCEPT...I LOVE MY FIT BUT WOULD'VE SNATCHED THIS UP INSTEAD! WHY DON'T WE GET STUFF LIKE THIS? THE SALES OF THE FIT (NOT TO MENTION THE MINI, RABBIT, YARIS, ETC) SHOWS WE AMERICANS DO LOVE HATCHBACKS!

Old 07-17-2007, 01:46 PM
Honda Fit Forums Moderator
That car is fricken amazing, if that was here in North America I would buy it right away. It's like a wicked hybrid cross between the civic and the fit.

Old 07-17-2007, 02:23 PM
5 Year Member
Please do not get me started!
I went back to Croatia in May and came back crying!
Fits with rear disc brakes, Citroen C1 and Peugeot 106, Toyota Ayala(I think), civic hatch 3 and 5 door and their Type S and Type R versions,.......
That yellow Type R is my wallpaper!
I went to a local Honda dealer there and they had to pry me out with a can opener from Type S civic in the showroom! The only reason I did is because they just pulled out another one for delivery to a customer from the service!
Drove it, loved it, just about stole it!
Got to hate 5 mph bumper regulation and everything else along with it.
Actually, I do not think Honda can make enough of them. Beside, Europe loves their hatches and in US most like sedans. @@#$%^&!!!! WTF America! Wake up!

Old 08-17-2007, 05:01 PM
5 Year Member
2006 Civic 2.2 i-CTDi Sport in Nighthawk Black:

Compare with a 1990 Civic....

To be honest, the Jazz is better. The Jazz's interior is better quality, the gearchange much slicker, less road noise and the ride better damped although performance-wise not as fast (but fast enough) and the Civic's steering offers more feedback.

Note that these Civic's (lunlike your Civic in North America) use a similar suspension to the Jazz.

The build quality of these British-built Civic's are not in the same league as the Japanese Jazz, although I suspect the later Civic's have improved as the early production faults have been sorted.

Although these Civic's have a very attractive soft-touch plastic on the top of the dashboard, the other parts like the glovebox and centre console plastics are certainly a grade below the Jazz's, especially the plastic used for the parking brake, door handles and gearknob.

Here in England we also get the JDM saloon in Hybrid form only. I actually prefer these although Hybrid's over here are not very popular considering that in the real-world a diesel would return the same or better fuel economy. In Ireland you can buy the JDM Civic with the 1.8 i-VTEC 138bhp engine like you can get in the 'Euro' Civic pictured here.

Last edited by terryb; 08-17-2007 at 05:05 PM.