Other Car Related Discussions Discuss all other cars here.

Hi Newbie reporting in

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2007, 11:56 AM
Hi Newbie reporting in

Hey guys, Newbie reporting in. I am now choosing between the Civic Si and the Fit. Hope to learn alot of things from u guys

Right away i am wondering if the fit have some problem or not?

LIke for example the Civic Si's Paint job and interior sux for a starter

Thanks guys!

Old 07-18-2007, 01:51 PM
5 Year Member
All problems aside, they are two very different cars. I think your decision should be more based on which one you would prefer. The Civic Si doesn't even compare to a Fit IMO. You are looking at performance vs economy. Yes the Fit can perform, and hold it's own in the sub compact class of vehicles (AKA Toyota Yaris, Nissan Versa, etc.). But again the Civic Si and Fit are two different car classes. That would be like asking if this apple was better than this orange, just because there was a bruise on the peel of the orange.

You need to decide for yourself what you want, and go from there.

Just my two cents. :)

Old 07-18-2007, 02:02 PM
Retired Moderator
Yeah i agree they are two totally diffrent cars. You should test drive them both so you can really get a feel for how they each perform and their diffrences on the road. I really like the Civic Si and love the performance but im only 16 so insurance would be crazy, and i think i would be geting tickets every day in a car like that. Thats why i went with the Fit, and the Fit is still a really fun car to drive!

But if you are looking for more of a performance car then go with the Si, if your looking for a fun to drive economy car then go with Fit.

Old 07-18-2007, 02:16 PM
5 Year Member
X2 two different cars, I was looking at both at the time I bought my fit, but I choose the fit, because its different, I didnt need the speed, it had more room, they sell more for the fit, and I just love how it looks! plus the gas mileage is awesome!

Old 07-18-2007, 04:18 PM
Honda Fit Forums Moderator
I'm moving from an 07 civic ex to either a 4door SI or the Fit. I'm leaning heavily on the Fit because it is much more unique and built in Japan, as well there is way more mods available for the Fit then the SI. It is also really awesome that I live local to AJ-Racing and they seem to specialize in the Fit so I know Id be able to drop lots of $$$ there :) :D I'm just waiting for the 2008 models to be announced, then I will be putting a deposit down on one of those 2 fine cars.

Old 07-18-2007, 04:32 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by smatts
I'm moving from an 07 civic ex to either a 4door SI or the Fit. I'm leaning heavily on the Fit because it is much more unique and built in Japan, as well there is way more mods available for the Fit then the SI. It is also really awesome that I live local to AJ-Racing and they seem to specialize in the Fit so I know Id be able to drop lots of $$$ there :) :D I'm just waiting for the 2008 models to be announced, then I will be putting a deposit down on one of those 2 fine cars.

4door si!!! theyre sick! I just recently saw a mugen 4door si here in AZ, they have to b the cleanest honda so far

Old 07-18-2007, 07:32 PM
Cat
Someone that spends HER life on FitFreak.net
5 Year Member
I test drove a Civic SI and I just did not like the way it held the road. The Fit just handles the curves and hugs the road so much better. I felt more a part of the car than the Civic - I wanted something fun and the Fit was all I could ask for. Plus you get paddle shifters and a hatchback - can't get that from a Civic! As my vanity plates states: Fit 2 Go!

Cat :x

Old 07-19-2007, 02:36 AM
Thanks for the input guys! well i will definetly do a test drive for both...what is going for fit right now is the fact that i am not going to the track everyday and with all those gas bill i safe it will be quite nice, not to mention all the mod part out there.

However...I am a international student in the US, I live in Thailand, where we already have Fit (jazz). I want to try something new... we don't get the K20 in Thailand. but then again the Canadian built Si seem to be built by people who don't care...

So i am just wondering how does the built quality of the Fit stand up against the Civic, it is really spotless then i think i might just buy fit and save the problem (and gas money).

THanks guys

Old 07-19-2007, 04:48 AM
5 Year Member
bahh, i was gonna get an si but due to my car history my insurance was upwards to 350+ a month. I think once i get out of dental school and still stuck with this fit i might as well bypass the si and go m3 territory.