Other Car Related Discussions Discuss all other cars here.

Red emblems and Honda hypocrisy

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2008, 01:19 PM
5 Year Member
I'm going to put 23 Type R badges on my Fit.

Old 04-05-2008, 01:25 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by smatts
I only have the rear red emblem on my car right now. I was actually thinking about taking it off last week, and going back to stock chrome. But after looking at the stock ones on other fits the chrome is just too plain. I'm keeping the red one on for now.
haha I thought about going back to the old one but painted the emblem a totally off random color.

Old 04-05-2008, 01:47 PM
The color is spelled.. "G R A Y", i believe grey is a last name.. red emblems look cool.. nothing rice bout emh.. ps.. i'm asian.. and find offense to the use of "rice".. haha.. it's on my plate for dinner.. not on my car.. gees..

Old 04-05-2008, 01:53 PM
5 Year Member
The way I see it is don't put the type-r badge on unless it's a type-r. Why be a poser and have people laugh at you when they realize you're just fronting. Beside some douchebag will just come along and jack your type-r/red honda emblem when you least expect.

Old 04-05-2008, 02:59 PM
We are a free country! We can do what we want... Customizing or Mod your car is fun. Like changing your rims, engine, Add HP, tire, Lights, change the color, bumper, emblems, etc... stop being dictator. We are not Nanzi or Hitler. Come on! its your car you can do what you want to! Like Computer you can upgrade Ram, Video card, HDD etc...

Last edited by Rayzel; 04-05-2008 at 03:42 PM.
Old 04-05-2008, 03:33 PM
LOL Socal is the city of thieves. You put a badge here, it will be distributed among many.

Old 04-05-2008, 03:56 PM
5 Year Member
soflo also city of thieves, i just removed my badges because i got tired of worrying about someone stealing them and damaging my paint. plus i am going for a new more discreet, clean look. not that the red badges dont look clean, they just stand out too much, draws the wrong kind of attention, thieves attention. as far as the whole rice debate i agree with saujiro25, unfortunatly rice is associated with asians, or asian products, and its probably because of some inbreeder domestic loving hillbilly. however since that is the case i guess we would all be cosidered a little rice since we all love the fit. hey im not ashamed to admit i love japanese cars and and if that makes me a ricer, than pass me the chopsticks.

Old 04-05-2008, 09:24 PM
5 Year Member
I use to like the red badges, but now I just think they are too played out.

Old 04-07-2008, 09:29 AM
5 Year Member
i have mixed feelings on this.

personally, i think everyone needs to remember that we are JUST talking about the badges, not modding your car, because you can do either without the other. no one should look at putting a red badge on your fit as a secret honda way of saying' i'm modded'. so we need to throw that portion of the discussion out the window.

as far as type r emblems go, there is a slight problem: most type r's in addition to the red badge have an ACTUAL 'TYPE-R' badge on them....they are not just badgeless hondas with red emblems. And if we really think about it...is it the emblem that makes the car?

The honda scene is full of guys who are afraid to do what they want because someone will scream 'rice' at them. ( i personally don't find the term offensive, as i'm hispanic and i eat it all the time. ;)) And the fits case is unique: there is NO fit type r, or fit si, or anything along those lines. Does that make it LESS rice than someone with a DC2 with type r badges or an ep3 with type r badges? Most would question if they have the proper parts to back it up...but what should they expect from a fit that has no performance counterpart? Again, why should the badge even indicate you are modded?

On the flipside, i kinda disagree with the whole 'who cares! do what you want' mentality, because usually the guys saying this are tasteful enough to not rice their cars out...but then a bunch of punk kids will listen to it, and hence think that all the ridiculous visual mods they want to do are 'cool'; i'm openly against all the neon lights and huge spoilers and fart cans, and i don't think that it should be encouraged at all, even if it is 'unique'. if its a showcar, then don't drive it around.

i'm just thinking on the keys guys. i don't really think there is a definative answer, and every argument could go either way. so i gues 'do what you want' at your own discresion, and remember that going by this mentality is not a license to do anything you want and not get called out on it.

i just think that there are a lot worse things to gripe about in the honda scene than fit guys putting on red badges.

Old 04-07-2008, 12:26 PM
If someone wants to spend 40 bux on a badge to put on their car then let them. There's no fit type-r but there are red badges for it that come from Honda, so what does it matter. It's probably this stuff that keeps alot of shops afloat.

At least its cheaper than spending 300 bucks to put a CF spoiler on their car that doesn't do shit for performance.

Old 04-07-2008, 12:48 PM
Originally Posted by JDMchris.com
WHO CARES WHATS RICE AND NOT! do what you like. There are clean cars, and there are ugly cars. Everyone will have their own opinion on what is nice and what is ugly. Fix your car up the way you like it. I hate the rice vs jdm vs clean vs etc threads... gets us nowhere.
amen

Also all I can do as an enthusiast is control how my car looks so there will always be cars that I find clean and others I find ricy but I can't do anything about that so we all need to just chill a bit about all this ;)

Old 04-07-2008, 01:44 PM
UNBANABLE
5 Year Member
id be pretty bummed if i drove a real type R and i saw every honda with the same badge. they say the highest form of flattery is copying, but not when you pay ten grand extra to be different.

Old 04-07-2008, 01:45 PM
I feel that the type-R badge is being abused and should only be reserved for those who actually has a type-R. and for those who have type-R conversions should have a different badge that indicates that like maybe having a reverse color of the type-R badge or something.

for those who put the Type-R badge on and call others out for being a ricer is being a hypocrite. doing anything to a car is modding a car. wheater it would be exterior, interior, suspension, or engine. Doesnt matter if it is JDM or generic.

Old 04-07-2008, 02:01 PM
I <3 SPOON
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by BlackCobra
I feel that the type-R badge is being abused and should only be reserved for those who actually has a type-R. and for those who have type-R conversions should have a different badge that indicates that like maybe having a reverse color of the type-R badge or something.

for those who put the Type-R badge on and call others out for being a ricer is being a hypocrite. doing anything to a car is modding a car. wheater it would be exterior, interior, suspension, or engine. Doesnt matter if it is JDM or generic.

I agree
Type R badges should be for Type R's only
As far as the Red Honda badge. I believe if you can pull it off it looks good on "some" Honda's. I put mine on because i believe it flows well with the Fit. :D

Old 04-07-2008, 04:38 PM
hey ricers!
anyone seen the movie 10000BC???

Old 04-07-2008, 04:47 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by GD3-Fit
I agree
Type R badges should be for Type R's only
As far as the Red Honda badge. I believe if you can pull it off it looks good on "some" Honda's. I put mine on because i believe it flows well with the Fit. :D

we are not talking about actual type r badges, i think some folks have gotten confused; what the orginal poster meant by 'type r badges' WAS in fact the red honda emblem. he wasn't talking about an actual badge that reads "type-r".

just wanted to clarify, as it seems its throwing people off.

Old 04-07-2008, 04:51 PM
5 Year Member

not EVERYONE feels this way. Personally, i look at exterior mods as 'accessories'. unless its a functional body kit, or ultra lightweight wheels, i don't really consider it a 'modification'.

if you really think about it, going by this logic, you could assume that anyone who has ever added a spoiler, put on neon lights or tinted his/her windows is modding that car...its like putting to much importance on the aesthetic side of things which is a much more 'ricer' thing to do than just slapping a red honda 'H' badge on the nose/butt of your car.

Old 04-07-2008, 05:05 PM
Originally Posted by eldaino
not EVERYONE feels this way. Personally, i look at exterior mods as 'accessories'. unless its a functional body kit, or ultra lightweight wheels, i don't really consider it a 'modification'.

if you really think about it, going by this logic, you could assume that anyone who has ever added a spoiler, put on neon lights or tinted his/her windows is modding that car...its like putting to much importance on the aesthetic side of things which is a much more 'ricer' thing to do than just slapping a red honda 'H' badge on the nose/butt of your car.
Like i said earlier that doing anything to a car is modding it...i didnt say "ricer."
I dont really agree with the TERM "ricer" when refering to a japanese Fixed up car when many other ethnicities mod/fix-up their cars also. Asians are not the only ones fixing up Japanese vehicles. So i guess if i see a mexican fix their car up then ill call it a "Super Burrito" or a black guy with a fixed up car a "Fried Chicken."

Old 04-07-2008, 05:16 PM
cmon guys why argue over such trivial things. to each is his own.
so anyone seen 10000BC? or wat?

Old 04-07-2008, 05:20 PM
Like i said earlier that doing anything to a car is modding it...i didnt say "ricer."
I dont really agree with the TERM "ricer" when refering to a japanese Fixed up car when many other ethnicities mod/fix-up their cars also. Asians are not the only ones fixing up Japanese vehicles. So i guess if i see a mexican fix their car up then ill call it a "Super Burrito" or a black guy with a fixed up car a "Fried Chicken."
hahaha LOL!!! mexican modded ride = super burritto , black dude modded ride = Fried Chicken !!! LOL!!! LMAO!!
dats a good one!

Quick Reply: Red emblems and Honda hypocrisy