Other Car Related Discussions Discuss all other cars here.

Red emblems and Honda hypocrisy

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2008, 05:23 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by BlackCobra
Like i said earlier that doing anything to a car is modding it...i didnt say "ricer."
I dont really agree with the TERM "ricer" when refering to a japanese Fixed up car when many other ethnicities mod/fix-up their cars also. Asians are not the only ones fixing up Japanese vehicles. So i guess if i see a mexican fix their car up then ill call it a "Super Burrito" or a black guy with a fixed up car a "Fried Chicken."

and you assume that i think thats the definition of a ricer because.....?

the term was coined because unfortunately asian cars where the first ones to get the bulk of ricey additions. just because someone soups up an asian vehcile DOES NOT make it rice. I agree to that. The term is no longer indicative of an asian vehicle, but more of a phrase to acknowledge when a car has been 'accessorized' in a fashion that screams go but is really all show, or has just been very untasteful. this is old news.

some people have taken it a step further and differentiated it, i.e. calling 'riced' out neons 'wheat burners' and such. even looking up the term on wikipedia or urban dictionary, you will find that few find it to be describing a car that is asian. its just that it happens to a lot of asian cars.

and again, i'll emphasize that not everyone shares your opinion with calling visual enhancements 'mods'. i know i don't.

Old 04-07-2008, 05:25 PM
No but i hear it isnt a bad movie. i plan on DLing it when it is available =)

Old 04-07-2008, 05:34 PM
I didnt assume or thought what your definition of a "ricer" is. I was trying to say that I didnt say "ricer" when I mentioned about people Modding their cars. I also understand what you are saying about other definitions of the word "ricer, riced, or wheat burner...ect." I know that not everyone shares my opinions, but i just think that even adding visual enhancements are modifications because you are changing the original design of the car.

Old 04-07-2008, 05:42 PM
No but i hear it isnt a bad movie. i plan on DLing it when it is available =)
talkin about asians and rice, has anyone seen the new movie with Jet Li and Jackie Chan? THE FORBIDDEN KINGDOM ?

by the way i do agree with ur point dat any changes made from the original design of the car whether it aesthetics or watever is modding it from he original

Old 04-07-2008, 05:48 PM
I plan on seeing that movie too and you are posting this in the wrong section...LOL

Old 04-07-2008, 06:00 PM
I plan on seeing that movie too and you are posting this in the wrong section...LOL
dude im tryin to deviate ur minds from all this ricer this ricer dat arguements LOL

Old 04-07-2008, 06:07 PM
5 Year Member
This thread was meant for arguments...

Now I have black cobra coming over to my place and call me a Super Burrito, and I hope he has one in his car....

Old 04-07-2008, 06:11 PM
=) i got a super burrito for you CuTeBoi...LOL

Old 04-07-2008, 06:14 PM
5 Year Member
whoa! what happened in here?!?!?!

:slowly exits thread:

Old 04-07-2008, 06:17 PM
Love me! Hate me! I don't care! Its my Car I can do what ever I want to! lol!

I love the Red H emblem type R! Who cares! I'm a big Fan of Honda! lol!

Old 04-07-2008, 06:19 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by hondaf1racing
If someone wants to spend 40 bux on a badge to put on their car then let them. There's no fit type-r but there are red badges for it that come from Honda, so what does it matter. It's probably this stuff that keeps alot of shops afloat.

At least its cheaper than spending 300 bucks to put a CF spoiler on their car that doesn't do shit for performance.
There are no red "H"s made specifically for the Fit. There are ones made specifically for the EP3 Civic Type-R and the DC5 Integra Type-R that happen to fit on the Fit.

Old 04-07-2008, 07:24 PM
Banned
I disagree with the use of the Type R badge, but I of course also have a Type R as well. I went with the red H badges because I also went with the JDM red dot Fit emblem, and the flow well together. I think if your car has a theme to it you can pull it off, but only if you do it tastefully

Old 04-07-2008, 08:40 PM
to each thier own i say, even though, yes, some things such as APC and pep boys wings and the such are stupid to me, to tohers, they might not be. personally, as far as the original question asked was, i plan on putting the red type R H badges on my car, but that is because my fit is milano red, and i just feel the red emblem looks hot on the MR fits. it has nothing to do with me wanting a type R fit or doing it because everyone else is, it's just because i like it. i understand everyones beef with saying it's only for Type R's. but like i said, mine is soley due to the fact that my fit is red, and the badges are red. now, when someone goes out and puts the actual "Type R" badging on thier car when it's not, then that is kinda stupid looking to me. but as far as the red H's go, it's just an H, which happens to match my fit.lol

Old 04-07-2008, 08:52 PM
A friend of mine turbo'd his 420A RS eclipse and tacked on the -T to his RS, making it an RS-T. I think it's clever.

(GS-T was the turbo badging, GS was the more aesthetic version, RS was the base, no such thing as an RS-T)

Old 04-07-2008, 10:55 PM
I agree "type r" + red honda badges = pure rice.. kinda cheesy
i'd rather go for those "si" badges.. much cleaner less rice. -_-

**thinks about deleting post but mixed feelings prevent doing so otherwise.

Old 04-07-2008, 11:05 PM
5 Year Member
How did we get on "Type-R" badges themselves, we're refering to the red "H" badges that signify a Type-R vehicle.

Old 04-07-2008, 11:35 PM
RDS
Originally Posted by Arisenfury
How did we get on "Type-R" badges themselves, we're refering to the red "H" badges that signify a Type-R vehicle.
I think people confused the original question. It's interesting though, that the people who actually own or have owned Type-Rs think differently than those who've never owned one. It's also interesting hearing people like fitastic82, talk about doing it because he or she thinks it matches the color of the car. I was looking at a Siphon magazine and saw someone with a Milano Red Fit with red H emblems and it made me think.

It's odd, specifically on this forum where no red badges even exist for the Fit. Could it be the Fit is the exception to the general "pro-rice" idea (I hate that term by the way)? I'm just speaking aloud, but now that I'm thinking about it, the Fit isn't like, say FG1/FG2 Civic Coupes. There are no coupes in Japan, so the whole "Type-R" conversion is moot because an FG-based Type-R coupe doesn't exist. That to me is fakin' the funk, so to speak. There IS a Civic Type-R available in Japan. There IS a DC2/DC5-R available in Japan. There IS an NSX Type-R available in Japan. But there's no Civic coupe at all.

Where the Fit differs is because Honda doesn't make a performance version of the Fit. Yet. Other than pretty decent handling for its class, the Fit doesn't even make an attempt at having sporty pretentions. BUT the badges from genuine Type-Rs just so HAPPEN to fit. It could be argued that the Fit is indeed the exception to whatever rule some of the people in the Honda community have because unlike other cars, it's an excercise in style over the whole "wannabe" thing.

Or maybe I'm way off base here. Either way, I would've thought someone here would've brought this up, but any thoughts? I dunno if what I'm saying makes any sense. Maybe someone else could explain it a little better???

Old 04-07-2008, 11:43 PM
5 Year Member
Pretty much what you're trying to say is that the Fit could be an exception because there is no Type-R Fit somewhere else in the world? Whereas if there is a Type-R version of your car, then you would be trying to infringe on that model; but if there is no Type-R model then there is nothing to fake?

Old 04-07-2008, 11:45 PM
Push My Button
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by RDS
As someone who's owned a Type-R, I personally hate seeing these emblems on anything other than a Type-R, but I understand there used to be yellow, blue and I believe grey "H" emblems (or is it gray?) and I can see how it's a "style thing". Still, I feel what the emblem represents is being watered down severly. The first Type-R was the NSX and it was the first car to get the red emblem.
My floor mats for my Isuzu were yellow "Type-R" lol :)

Old 04-07-2008, 11:52 PM
RDS
Originally Posted by Arisenfury
Pretty much what you're trying to say is that the Fit could be an exception because there is no Type-R Fit somewhere else in the world? Whereas if there is a Type-R version of your car, then you would be trying to infringe on that model; but if there is no Type-R model then there is nothing to fake?
Uh, yeah. Basically. lol

Originally Posted by Sugarphreak
My floor mats for my Isuzu were yellow "Type-R" lol :)
I envy you :rofl:

Quick Reply: Red emblems and Honda hypocrisy