Other Car Related Discussions Discuss all other cars here.

tonyd FIT DYNO DAY

Old 04-22-2008, 09:06 PM
:)
Originally Posted by BlueCell
Nice numbers...does it feel like that much power though? Actually I dyno'd my car with Tanabe Touring axle back and some grounding wires on a Dynojet and got 100hp to the wheels :) That's a bit high for what I had.

:wavey: Those are great numbers! My car feels fast each and everyday I drive it. I have 14K...daily driven sales car. My FIT has been from SoCal to Salt Lake City, Las Vegas, San Diego, LA, San Luis Obispo, Phoenix...etc. I beat it on a daily bases.....hit rev limiter more then I should:D .
I truely believe in a hard break in.....the first 400 miles are essential to sealing up the piston rings. If not done right.....a huge loss in compression will be had = loss in power.
My rumbling is awesome as well....kinda sounds like a mini SRT4...LOL. But to answer your question in my hotel room, yes it feels fast. But keep in mind I am stripped to bare metal in the rear w/ no rear seats...hehe

tonyd

Old 04-22-2008, 09:18 PM
5 Year Member
That's cool! I'm planning to get my car dyno'd again and retuned because of my Turbo I just put in. Looks like I'll be 20hp ahead of you lol. But thats still on a small midpipe.

Old 04-22-2008, 09:28 PM
That's cool! I'm planning to get my car dyno'd again and retuned because of my Turbo I just put in. Looks like I'll be 20hp ahead of you lol. But thats still on a small midpipe.
:wavey: Nice....I was going to go FI turbo setup....but with my driving all over the techs at my local tuner shop said no way. U would be at risk for a fire with the deserts I drive through.
NA is kool with me...plan on doing this K swap by year end. I was quoted some great pricing for a type r and s....decisions, decisions...lol
Then I might be a few horses ahead of U....lol:D

tonyd

Old 04-22-2008, 09:32 PM
5 Year Member
Great! Looks like a project ahead of you. Kswap, I'd do it, but I didn't want to cut the frame and other stuff. Good luck on that and you will have more than me with that engine :P

Old 04-22-2008, 09:37 PM
Originally Posted by tonyd3773
Hey Tyler-
Still luv everyone here.....I would have just thought until the numbers are posted (and I understand it is taking forever...on the road) that fellow FITFREAKER's would stand behind one of our own.
The mustand dyno....reads the lowest out of them all......all of the other cars were dead on. If the calibration is off....all of the cars numbers would be off. Thanks again Tyler.....I am still looking from a place to live in your area....FYI:D .

your friend, tonyd:)

So if the mustang dyno reads the lowest out of all of the dyno.. then your car must be making 150whp! :) :vtec:

Old 04-22-2008, 09:51 PM
Great! Looks like a project ahead of you. Kswap, I'd do it, but I didn't want to cut the frame and other stuff. Good luck on that and you will have more than me with that engine :P
:wavey: Hey BlueCell-
I am going to have my local shop do it.....I know them pretty well.
Plus I have alot of other friends that use him.
I'm jealous...I really wanted a turbo:mad: ...oh well.

tonyd:)

Old 04-22-2008, 10:29 PM
Drum Roll Please....

Sorry it took sooo long, proof is in the pudding:

MIDDLE RUN I PUT DOWN 138WHP 133WTQ

MIDDLE RUN...I MADE 139WHP 131WTQ

I have a few other pics to come....I can read that!!!

tonyd

Old 04-22-2008, 10:36 PM
A Few Other Shots

tonyd :popc:

Old 04-22-2008, 10:40 PM
5 Year Member
Interesting that the runs aren't closer to each other dimensionally. Did they have any sort of cooling fans set up, or were they relying just on the radiator fan? I would have thought the curves would be nearly identical. The runs I did with my old Plymouth (carb'ed) were nearly on top of each other.

HF

Old 04-22-2008, 10:47 PM
Originally Posted by HEMI-Fit
Interesting that the runs aren't closer to each other dimensionally. Did they have any sort of cooling fans set up, or were they relying just on the radiator fan? I would have thought the curves would be nearly identical. The runs I did with my old Plymouth (carb'ed) were nearly on top of each other.

HF
:wavey: Hey HEMI-Fit
They had a industrial type fan blower pointed directly at the radiator....with the hood up.

tonyd

Old 04-22-2008, 11:41 PM
remember it was a dyno in palm springs
palm springs is suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuper hot
hahaha

so maybe that could have affected something
hahaha
iono

Old 04-22-2008, 11:51 PM
Originally Posted by dickiez
remember it was a dyno in palm springs
palm springs is suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuper hot
hahaha

so maybe that could have affected something
hahaha
iono
It was around 75....extremely wind too! Not 2 hot.

tonyd:wavey:

Old 04-22-2008, 11:56 PM
Sorry it took sooo long, proof is in the pudding:

MIDDLE RUN I PUT DOWN 138WHP 133WTQ

MIDDLE RUN...I MADE 139WHP 131WTQ

I have a few other pics to come....I can read that!!!

tonyd

Wow you fit almost makes as much torque as my modded Integra Type-R motor :(

Old 04-23-2008, 12:10 AM
5 Year Member
just because you have a dyno sheet dosn't mean the dyno was setup correctly.what were your baseline numbers?i bet the were way to high as well

Old 04-23-2008, 09:33 AM
5 Year Member
Ok I got one last question... you seem to know cars pretty well so the fit is given from honda at 109hp to the crank right? which puts it at around 89whp, right? so take that and add on your mods... do you truly honestly believe that you would gain 50whp with the mods you have on the fit? if so then I believe you, but I just wouldn't understand why other cars on the forum and my car do not run or feel that fast.

Old 04-23-2008, 10:04 AM
Originally Posted by Kuturagi
Ok I got one last question... you seem to know cars pretty well so the fit is given from honda at 109hp to the crank right? which puts it at around 89whp, right? so take that and add on your mods... do you truly honestly believe that you would gain 50whp with the mods you have on the fit? if so then I believe you, but I just wouldn't understand why other cars on the forum and my car do not run or feel that fast.
U are generally looking at a 10% power lose after the crank. With that being said U should be about 95whp stock.....depending how much the dyno is off...:rolleyes: . Anyways like I had posted earlier....I am done with this thread. The sheets are posted.....no need for me to debate over and over again.

peace tonyd:)

Old 04-23-2008, 11:43 AM
50 hp from I/H/Cat delete. Is not possible in any shape or form. Im not saying that you are lying but as everyone else said whoever had that dyno set up, definately set it up wrong. what gear did they do this reading in?

Old 04-23-2008, 03:09 PM
U are generally looking at a 10% power lose after the crank. With that being said U should be about 95whp stock.....depending how much the dyno is off...:rolleyes: . Anyways like I had posted earlier....I am done with this thread. The sheets are posted.....no need for me to debate over and over again.

peace tonyd:)
What the hell is the matter with this guy???

What part of THE DYNO IS NOT CORRECT does he not understand? Very frustrating. Reading this thread was 10 min. of my life I will never get back.

Old 04-23-2008, 03:29 PM
5 Year Member
OK, lets get things straighten out

1. It's not everyone's doubting you, but you aren't the first person to have the kind upgrade you have on your fit, but you are indeed the first person to have achieved that kind number.

2. Dyno is a mere a machine, and there is a great chance of operator error. So posting the scan of the dyno sheet won't change anything since everyone is assuming the dyno is off.

3. I know it's very frustrating that no one here believe your number, but thats not because we are doubters, it's because the numbers you have are very hard to believe, but there is a possibility that you just happen to have a special Fit.

4. There is only one solution to this problem, go to another dyno shop, and have your fit dynoed. If you can get another dyno result up from a different dyno shop, then all the people thats yelling "THE DYNO IS NOT CORRECT" will have their mouths sealed tight. And you, my friend, have just made history. (if you do decide to go this route, I suggest you to document it as detailed as possible, with a camcorder, leave no room for people to point their fingers. Such as record the entire proccess, include the dyno monitor, so people can see the inputs.)

I will stay neutral on this one till I see another dyno run.

Old 04-23-2008, 03:33 PM
5 Year Member
even if it was my own car with the same set up and same #s, i would have a hard time believing it, i would have to re-dyno somewhere else just to be sure before i got all excited.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: tonyd FIT DYNO DAY