Other Car Related Discussions Discuss all other cars here.

tonyd FIT DYNO DAY

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2008, 08:48 PM
tonyd FIT DYNO DAY

:wavey: Hey Everyone-
Well I went over to the Honda Tech Meet out in Palm Springs today. Lots of kool cars and people. I was not planning on dyno ing my FIT but I had got some peer pressure....oh well.
I have all the print outs but no camera to post it....as soon as I meet up with my bud I will insert the time sheets and I have video clips as well. But for now it was done on a
Mustang Dyno with three runs.....

1ST RUN.....124WHP / 113WTQ

2ND RUN.....138WHP / 133WTQ

3RD RUN.....139WHP / 131WTQ

My current mods are:
Aspec CAI
Megan Header
Megan Cat Delete
Megan Axle Back
Mobile 1 Syn. 5W 20 (every 3K miles)
91 Octane

Everyone at the shop was amazed.....they thought it would have flopped. So our FIT's can hold there own! I will post my dyno sheet as soon as I am able 2.

tonyd:)

Old 04-19-2008, 09:07 PM
s0x
5 Year Member
as much as i wanna believe this and im sure your not lying there is no way in hell an exhaust set up could pull these numbers on our fit. 139 hp at the wheels is NUTTY haha. unless im wrong and its measured at the crank. i have heard negative things about mustang dynos but maybe im just full of it :p but if it really is 140 hp GO YOU! :p

Originally Posted by tonyd3773
:wavey: Hey Everyone-
Well I went over to the Honda Tech Meet out in Palm Springs today. Lots of kool cars and people. I was not planning on dyno ing my FIT but I had got some peer pressure....oh well.
I have all the print outs but no camera to post it....as soon as I meet up with my bud I will insert the time sheets and I have video clips as well. But for now it was done on a
Mustang Dyno with three runs.....

1ST RUN.....124WHP / 113WTQ

2ND RUN.....138WHP / 133WTQ

3RD RUN.....139WHP / 131WTQ

My current mods are:
Aspec CAI
Megan Header
Megan Cat Delete
Megan Axle Back
Mobile 1 Syn. 5W 20 (every 3K miles)
91 Octane

Everyone at the shop was amazed.....they thought it would have flopped. So our FIT's can hold there own! I will post my dyno sheet as soon as I am able 2.

Old 04-19-2008, 09:10 PM
Originally Posted by s0x
as much as i wanna believe this and im sure your not lying there is no way in hell an exhaust set up could pull these numbers on our fit. 139 hp at the wheels is NUTTY haha. unless im wrong and its measured at the crank. i have heard negative things about mustang dynos but maybe im just full of it :p but if it really is 140 hp GO YOU! :p
I knew I would have doubt ers....I am going to my friends right now....this is for all the doubt ers out there....lol.
I'm 30 years old....I do not need to bullshit! Stay tuned for the post.

Old 04-19-2008, 09:21 PM
I don't think s0x was doubting you more of doubting the credibility of the dyno itself maybe it gave out false readings.

Old 04-19-2008, 09:38 PM
thats more than a base kraftwerks kit would make...i think that dyno needs some correcting

Old 04-19-2008, 10:14 PM
Yeah man as much as we'd all like to think that our cars can pull that off with these little mods the reality is whatever the dyno operator entered threw off the readings and it's reading pretty high.:(

Old 04-19-2008, 10:26 PM
Retired Moderator
Uhhhhh 139 to the wheels is VERY VERY VERY hard to belive with your current mods. hmmmm lol. Maybe the dyno is jacked up.

Tyler

Old 04-19-2008, 11:12 PM
5 Year Member
i don't have any trouble believing this... if you remove the catalytic converter, you will definitely boost something like 20HP, (or so i've heard, i could be wrong). i'd do it, but i'm too afraid of a ticket!

Old 04-19-2008, 11:33 PM
5 Year Member
If a cat delete gained 20hp, we would ALL be doing it. I think the dyno operator set up the final drive ratio incorrectly, which could make the dyno read higher than it should. Hey if you want come over to columbus, you can use our dyno. :o

Old 04-19-2008, 11:42 PM
5 Year Member
Removing the cat on a modern V8 isn't going to give 20hp, let alone on a 1.5L engine. It MIGHT be more like 2-3hp. I'm voting operator error on the dyno - most stone-stock Fit dyno pulls on Superflow type dynos are showing 5MT's putting down 85-95 WHP. Adding 40hp to the wheels is going to take boost or a 50-shot...

HF

Old 04-19-2008, 11:58 PM
5 Year Member
I think he said mustang dyno.

Old 04-20-2008, 12:12 AM
5 Year Member
comparing it to DynamicFit and azncarbos it's hard to believe https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/cali...car-today.html

Old 04-20-2008, 12:27 AM
5 Year Member
yeah their dyno must have been off. pssh,

if that is some how remotely correct then why would any of us want to boost. we would hit like 200whp with only 5 psi then.

that must have been a flywheel dyno. but still thats high heh. 139?

im not saying your lying, im saying that they ARE! something must have been off on that dyno machine.

Old 04-20-2008, 01:50 AM
Hey Everyone-
I am awaiting on the pictures to be emailed to me along with the videos. The dyno was a Mustang and there were alot of other cars that dyno ed and there numbers were spot on.......dunno.
All I know is that I have dyno sheets n video to prove......along with my hommies as witnesses. All information will def be displayed...please be patient. Mustang dyno actually read lower then most other dyno's. The original post for this event was posted in the upcoming events section by my friend Hektor......and I totally understand were everyone is coming from......I just have the paperwork, videos and hommies to back me up.
Please stay tuned....moufs will drop.
To be honest the whole shop was stunned.:D

Old 04-20-2008, 03:52 AM
Supervillain
5 Year Member
hey tony,

i have to agree with the other posters, it seems like the dyno must have been calibrated incorrectly or something because those numbers are very optimistic. with that power to the wheels it would be like your car was making 160-ish hp! i'm not doubting you or accusing you of anything, i am skeptical about the credibility of that dyno though.

Old 04-20-2008, 03:58 AM
s0x
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Fitcapo
I don't think s0x was doubting you more of doubting the credibility of the dyno itself maybe it gave out false readings.
+1 im not doubting you man i just seemed like the dyno numbers were optimistic i believe that they came out that way but iono if its really want ur cars putting out.

Old 04-20-2008, 04:21 AM
I would believe the first runs #s, but run 2 and 3 seems way too high

Old 04-20-2008, 08:22 AM
haha, amazing!

Old 04-20-2008, 10:29 AM
5 Year Member
My point was that different dynos are going to give different results, so looking at one brand vs. another isn't very meaningful beyond bragging rights. Most of the dyno results I've seen (or participated in) have been with something other than Mustang dynos, so I don't have a feel for how they run. Poking around on the intarweb, it appears that the Mustangs do have a reputation for under-reporting compared to Superflow. It would be useful to see the results of another Fit on the same dyno, or the same Fit on another dyno. In any event, those are VERY impresive numbers.

HF

Old 04-20-2008, 11:19 AM
Dynos are only consistant and a valuable tool when you have two things:

-A reliable and educated dyno operator that knows how to calibrate the dyno for variables.

-Using the same dyno and operator for every mod, tune, and change from start to finish.

Every dyno and every run can be different but it takes a good dyno operator and the same dyno every time to make a good accurate gauge on performance gain and overall understanding of the power made.

To me, the numbers posted are just numbers unless the previous comments I made were true.

Quick Reply: tonyd FIT DYNO DAY