Other Car Related Discussions Discuss all other cars here.

Design vs. Bling?

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2008, 02:05 PM
5 Year Member
[quote=eldaino;337819]
Originally Posted by Darkstars
no car looks good with neon green rims.

ha ha seconded! i don't care how 'jdm' you are.

My brother would disagree. I can say honestly i've seen some white OLD SKOOL rides with the green rims mostly EKs few EGs. Can't honestly say i've seen a fit with them that pulled it off really well.

Old 06-16-2008, 09:17 PM
Originally Posted by bigtoepfer
My brother would disagree. can say honestly i've seen some white OLD SKOOL rides with the green rims mostly EKs few EGs. Can't honestly say i've seen a fit with them that pulled it off really well.

um.... ok. Congratulations to your brother?

Old 06-16-2008, 09:44 PM
5 Year Member
I just meant that he's looking to purchase some green daylights. I just thought it was funny that he wanted those and you specifically stated that GREEN was one of the weird colors thats rice

Old 06-16-2008, 09:56 PM
[quote=eldaino;337819]
Originally Posted by Darkstars
no car looks good with neon green rims.

ha ha seconded! i don't care how 'jdm' you are.
You know I was looking into getting some Green Konig Daylites until you had to bring up green rims. Of course... I'll still get them anyway..

Edit:// You know I should learn to read the second page before posting about how much I love green daylites.... The other toepfer just had to get here first.

Last edited by Tofuik; 06-16-2008 at 10:00 PM.
Old 06-17-2008, 12:59 PM
Originally Posted by bryanback

Excellent! I would say that is perfect. Rice is tacky cosmetic mods and silly crap like spark plug wire upgrades. Basically people who know nothing about cars sticking a bunch of attention getting plastic crap and fuel tornados and any other bolt-on cheap part that promises big gains but delivers nothing and then they go around telling people they have +50 hp and try claim "kills" over much faster cars at a stop light that didn't even know the ricer was trying to "race" them in the first place. :rotfl:

Basically they are sad losers. All show. No go. And the show is ugly as poorly done.

That description is perfect. The opposite of ricer is stealth or sleeper. That's someone who actually knows and cares about measurable performance upgrades and how the car performs rather than bolting a biplane wing to the trunk of their automatic Civic DX.

Old 06-17-2008, 05:11 PM
wdb
5 Year Member
I love this site: Rice or Not Example:

Old 06-17-2008, 07:23 PM
5 Year Member
WOW, i didn't know that assassins came in that small of a size anymore. LOL. VIP to the MOTHAF***IN MAX

Old 06-17-2008, 08:40 PM
Cat
Someone that spends HER life on FitFreak.net
5 Year Member
I hate that term but we all know it exist. The guys on my local car forum label my car as "ricer". Now my desire for doing Mugen theme products on my car was because I liked what Mugen stands for - without limitations! Now I do have Mugen Racing Pedals, Mugen Visors, Mugen Sills all of what
I have done is appearance only. I know no one else in my area driving a Fit that have done anything but left them stock. The little things to make it my own - the Japanese symbol for fly on my gas tank cover, the Japanese cat on the tow bar and hanging from my Mugen covered rear view mirror. I have no desire to alter the motor or make it go faster than it does already. Everyone needs to do what makes them happy and enjoy their cars more. Not everyone will agree with what you do with your car. I admire the guys on this site that have the ability to do great mods to the motor, improving the cars ability to handle and move in a better way but I also admire those of us who are just Fit Freaks who love our cars and enjoy talking to others who share that same emotion.

Peace Out!

Cat

Here is my ricer Fit:

Old 06-17-2008, 10:26 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by ToFit2Quit
Then they go drilling holes in their mufflers just to change the sound.
My grandpa did that back in 50's.

Old 06-17-2008, 11:55 PM
Originally Posted by cab0053
My grandpa did that back in 50's.
Did he have a rat rod?

Old 06-18-2008, 12:42 PM
5 Year Member
[quote=bigtoepfer;340449]
Originally Posted by eldaino

My brother would disagree. I can say honestly i've seen some white OLD SKOOL rides with the green rims mostly EKs few EGs. Can't honestly say i've seen a fit with them that pulled it off really well.

thats fine and dandy for him he is entitled to do what he wants.

But personally, i can't think of a color currently offered ont he fit that would look ok with those rims.

Neon green is neon green and is best reserved for ice cream color, wild shades of eyeshadow, and advertisments wanting to get your attention.

I mean,...you can rock them if you'd like, but don't try and fool yourself into thinking you have a 'clean' ride.

Old 06-20-2008, 04:25 AM
Originally Posted by vtec just kicked in yo
Excellent! I would say that is perfect. Rice is tacky cosmetic mods and silly crap like spark plug wire upgrades. Basically people who know nothing about cars sticking a bunch of attention getting plastic crap and fuel tornados and any other bolt-on cheap part that promises big gains but delivers nothing and then they go around telling people they have +50 hp and try claim "kills" over much faster cars at a stop light that didn't even know the ricer was trying to "race" them in the first place. :rotfl:

Basically they are sad losers. All show. No go. And the show is ugly as poorly done.

That description is perfect. The opposite of ricer is stealth or sleeper. That's someone who actually knows and cares about measurable performance upgrades and how the car performs rather than bolting a biplane wing to the trunk of their automatic Civic DX.
That's pretty much true. Most of the guys that run their cars on the race track don't even bother putting accessories in the car. And if you look carefully, you'll notice that "ALL PROFESSIONAL RACECARS THAT WIN RACES ARE USUALLY GUTTED OUT!" and accessories were made for daily drivers purposes only. Also, people who actually race on the track usually have more than one car...A daily driver, and their project cars. Then now there's a bunch of kids who buy all these parts & accessories and try racing each other, attracting attention from cops. And now cops are point fingers claiming "That car is a racer car because it has modified parts. We're going to pull him over" as if it was some kinda witch hunt. There's always someone ruining things for the rest of the modding community no matter where you go.