Other Car Related Discussions Discuss all other cars here.

My History of Cars - 4 cars, almost 100 pics

Old 07-04-2008, 01:46 PM
My History of Cars - 4 cars, almost 100 pics

I bought my first new car in Febuary '04...

2004 Ultra Silver Metallic Chevy Cavalier LS Sport 5-Speed Coupe

Started modding it, started out with some go fast stuff, turned into mainly a show car, got parted out, went back to stock and used as a daily driver for a while then I sold the car.

At one point the silver cav was my only car and going into winter I was looking for a beater.

I ended up buying a beater off a guy I work with for 2 McDonalds breakfast burritos....

1886 Volkswagen Jetta 1.8L 5-Speed

My buddy Matt giving a pose on the Jetta lol

I drove the Jetta for about 9 monthes daily and eventually sold it for the cost of tax, title, registration, etc.. of my next car...

2004 Sand Drift Metallic Chevy Cavalier 1SV Coupe 5-Speed

due to its absolutely hideous color combo inside and out it became known as the "*** Tan Cav" or GTC. This car started off as a daily driver with minor mods, I got into racing/autocross and lost all interest in my silver cav (which is the reason it was parted out and turned into the daily driver when mods and plans got bigger with this one). Eventually this one turned into a "racecar" for the most part but still 100% street legal in every way. I ended up buying a new daily driver when the silver car sold, now due to some uncontrollable circumstances (has nothing to do with the sticker in the window.... its just a joke) the tan car has been parted out and is back to almost stock waiting to get sold.

Finally the replacement for the silver cav as a daily driver and soon to be my only car

2008 Vivid Blue Pearl Honda Fit Sport 5-Speed

Did your computer load everything? LOL

Last edited by Darkstars; 07-04-2008 at 02:24 PM.
Old 07-04-2008, 02:05 PM
wow that took quite a while :p 4min
but nice cavalier!
now make all those mods happen for the fit ;)

Old 07-04-2008, 02:11 PM
actually parting out the tan cav is gonna pay off the fit at the end of the month :) then selling the car itself is going towards a down payment on property

I'd love to do a supercharged K20 swap but priorities aren't with the cars anymore.

Old 07-04-2008, 02:15 PM
Two Hummers? You nutty winky.

Old 07-04-2008, 02:16 PM
5 Year Member
"I ended up being a beater off I guy I work with for 2 McDonalds breakfast burritos...."

Hehe, kinda almost sounds pretty funny.

Old 07-04-2008, 02:18 PM
5 Year Member
sweet man..

im not a big fan of cavaliers but that silver one was pretty cool man.

2.2 ecotec eh?

did you see that aveo project? woosh that car is fast. those engines i hear are pretty dam reliable.

Old 07-04-2008, 02:28 PM
Originally Posted by Wuze
Two Hummers? You nutty winky.
The black H2 is one of a few cars my best friend has, the the other hummer is his brothers (they are both Pharmasists, they have money for toys... you should see the boats they pull behind those hummers LOL)

Originally Posted by secondspassed
"I ended up being a beater off I guy I work with for 2 McDonalds breakfast burritos...."

Hehe, kinda almost sounds pretty funny.
LOL, fixed

Old 07-04-2008, 02:34 PM
Originally Posted by SD_MR_FIT
sweet man..

im not a big fan of cavaliers but that silver one was pretty cool man.

2.2 ecotec eh?

did you see that aveo project? woosh that car is fast. those engines i hear are pretty dam reliable.
yeah all 03+ are the 2.2 eco. The silver one was cool but I liked the tan one a millions times more fun to drive... the 1SV is great platform to start with... 140hp, 150tq, 2600 lbs, 5-speed throw in the very long list of mods and that car was a blast to drive.

and yeah I've seen the aveo, if I remeber right I think it had the LNF eco (2.0 direct injection turbo, 260hp) or the LSJ eco (2.0 supercharged 205 hp)

Last edited by Darkstars; 07-04-2008 at 02:34 PM. Reason: 03+ not 03
Old 07-04-2008, 03:51 PM
5 Year Member
Nice progression on the cars.
If we're talking about the same Aveo then it's the 2.0 sc.

Old 07-04-2008, 05:16 PM
cool, i like the way the silver cavalier looked when the hood was painted. how much WHP did your tan one put down with that turbo kit? those are some pretty good tripod pictures, too. good job keeping all the mods tasteful!

Old 07-06-2008, 01:01 PM
Frequent FitFreak Poster
i seriously hate cavaliers but the silver one was nice and clean, and the painted V hood is a mod I was contemplating for my CG3 Accord Coupe. Keepin it clean makes a huge difference

Old 07-07-2008, 09:19 AM
Originally Posted by bizzle
cool, i like the way the silver cavalier looked when the hood was painted. how much WHP did your tan one put down with that turbo kit? those are some pretty good tripod pictures, too. good job keeping all the mods tasteful!
I could guess but screw that, I'm not a fan of bench racing... I never dynod it.

and thanks :)

Originally Posted by Shaggs2Dope
i seriously hate cavaliers but the silver one was nice and clean, and the painted V hood is a mod I was contemplating for my CG3 Accord Coupe. Keepin it clean makes a huge difference
everyone hates cavaliers, that was half the fun of the tan car, that car hauled around a track and embarassed alot of cars way out of its league :)

As for the painted hood, if you don't know cavaliers you wont notice the difference but if you look at the pictures again the hood got painted when one of a kind custom eyelids were molded into the carbon fiber hood to give it the evil eyes kinda look. Its very subtle but made it look super agressive IMO. the pit of the 2 silver ones together is there so show the difference.

I've always been a fan of clean smooth, could be mistaken for stock type mods. I like clean :)

Old 07-07-2008, 10:57 AM
Originally Posted by Darkstars
I'd love to do a supercharged K20 swap but priorities aren't with the cars anymore.
Blasphemy! k20Supercharge your motor or be hung!

jk........kinda..... We all know life takes priority... good luck with the Fit... i like how you put the darkstar logo in neat places in the pics :o

Old 07-07-2008, 12:09 PM
I started with the logos in random places or real big because I got tired of seeing people selling MY car on e-bay or being used by no name companies to advertise their parts that I don't have. Hell this one company claimed my silver car was there project car... turned out the "company" was some 19 year old from Florida buying garbage on ebay and reselling it for twice the price as turbo kits, I've seen my on of a kind hood for sale etc..

It gets old real quick so I started watermarking stuff so they stop using me/mycar/my pics to try to scam people.

nowdays I use a batch resizer and I have it set to put the Darkstars watermark in the corner of all my pics, alot nicer and more subtle looking, and a hell of alot easier/faster :)