Other Car Related Discussions Discuss all other cars here.

Fit Versus Xa

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2006, 03:19 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by fescom
WOW, you sure can read a lot into other peoples comments.
1'st I never said that honda was unreliable, what I did state is, Toyota's legendary reliability. Where did I state that honda was unrelaible?????
2'nd In my opinion the FIT does not look "cartoonish" it looks more like the Chrysler minivans because it is long.
3'rd I haven't read any articles on handling whatsoever of either car I am just going by seat of the pants feel while cornering. The FIT seemed to lean more then the XA. Maybe the seat in the XA just had more lateral support. Again my opinion.
4'th Who said either one had any more power than the other????

Yea, Go ahead and ban me for having an opinion different than yours.

That would really make everyone believe your rhetoric, HUH?

Typical democrat, believe what I believe.
1st when you list "toyota's legenday reliabilty" as one reason the xA beats out the Fit, you are implying that it has better reliabillty than a Honda. Had you simply been extolling the virtues of xA it wouldnt been an issue. I think the reliability of Toyata and Honda is what makes so many people compare the Fit to the xA more than the Aveo.

2nd i agree it kind of looks like a mini-mini-van. so what? I dont think its because its 3.4 inches longer than a scion though. The xB also looks like a mini-van, but of the three cars (fit, xa, xb) the xB is the "youngest" looking, in my opinion.

3rd Cant argue with an opinion. I think a lot of people would point to the Car and Driver review to point to the rave reviews of the Fits handling. However, the xA wasnt included in that review.

4th Exactly, who said anything about more power?

why are you bringing politics into this? so you support the party that takes bribes in the form of prositutes?

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/p...-1n28duke.html

Old 04-28-2006, 04:00 PM
Lots of good points guys.

JEEBUS, THAT BEEMER IS WHAT I REALLY NEED, EXPENSIVE AND AWESOME.

My opinion is, the XA is better looking.

Read that, MY OPINION, butt monkey.

So does the FIT have an aftermarket supercharger available??????????

LOL

Old 04-28-2006, 04:03 PM
BREK

Looks are everything in a car.

That's what makes people go buy new ones.

I bought the XB

Just so damm cute, plus the wife liked it too, another plus.

Old 04-28-2006, 04:06 PM
You can't really say how one car looks better than the other car.
Everyone has different opinion on looks.

You said Fit looks like a minivan. To me xA looks like a triangle box. Nothing too stylish than that. That's why I call it 'box A'.

So exterior styling cannot always be a good judgement factor.

Performance wise, the 'minivan' Fit is better than 'cool and mod-friendly' xA.

All nowadays Toyota cars lack in the performance department compared to Honda cars. Both sraight line performance, and cornering ablility.

And I agree everything that Tech_Monkey have said.

Old 04-28-2006, 04:12 PM
5 Year Member

LOL
First off... (While I know this was directed at someone else) There's no reason to resort to name calling for anyone. Doesn't help you support your argument and makes you sound extremely unintelligent.

Secondly, see the part of my last post about power. It may not have been pertinent then, but it is now. ;)

Lastly, I still stand by my vote to ban because you're not here simply presenting an opposing opinion in a reasonable and intelligent manner. You're just here to stir up shit. Both cars are good cars. You think the xA is better. Fine. To each their own. Now go back to scionlife where everyone will support your views.

Last edited by Tech_Monkey; 04-28-2006 at 04:16 PM.
Old 04-28-2006, 04:13 PM
WOW, another lemming.

Not surprised on a honda forum.

Old 04-28-2006, 04:15 PM
I never liked a monkey that can't admit when he's wrong.

LOL

Old 04-28-2006, 04:22 PM
5 Year Member

Looks are everything in a car.
Bzzzt! Wrong! No cookie for you! Looks are part of the overall package. A car is purchased on a combination of the following things:

- Practicality
- Affordability
- Looks
- Performance

Each of those items weighs in differently for different people. I happen to like the xB quite a bit, but if I were to purchase it, it certainly wouldn't be based entirely on looks. Actually to hear someone who drives a cheap economy car to say that "looks are everything in a car" almost made me spit coffee through my nose. :D

Old 04-28-2006, 04:31 PM
5 Year Member
WOW, another lemming.

Not surprised on a honda forum.
My last post on this since I have other things to do....

I own a Subaru. I like Subarus. I also like Hondas. Hrmmm... I also like Scions (the xB) and am a member on various Scion boards and have had positive things to say about them. How does that make me a "lemming"? I'm also assuming that if I went over to scionlife and posted a topic that titled "Why not just buy a Fit?" that there would be no fanboi "lemmings" over there that would flame me. Right? ;)

Old 04-28-2006, 07:33 PM
fescom, I don't understand why you consider us Lemmings and the like. The Scion xA/xB have their niche, the Fit has it's niche, etc. They are similar in that they are all small, underpowered, light, and get good MPG...but that's where the similarities end. xB makes a statement. It's boxyness is hard to ignore. xA, well...it...I dunno about the xA, they are really sorta boring. The Fit, it's the sport-drivers econobox. If it was a mathematical formula, it would be Fit = Minivan - Boring - Girth + Fun + Economy.

Old 04-28-2006, 08:16 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Jesus
And some other tidbits...

TOYOTAs are more reliable than HONDAs. This is a fact. Accords and Acuras have had troublesome transmissions as of late. They're both reliable, but Toyota has the edge.
No, the fact is that Toyota builds a better automatic transmission than Honda, and Honda builds a better manual transmission than Toyota.

That does not translate into Toyota being more reliable than Honda.

Old 04-28-2006, 08:24 PM
5 Year Member

LOL
Does your XA or XB have a supercharger available? Besides, who cares? The cars are and always will be slow.

With the (year late) supercharger, the TC can't even keep up with a stock RSX Type S.

Modern Toyotas are great cars for transportation, but if you bought one for performance modification, you're barking up the wrong tree.

Old 04-28-2006, 08:41 PM
It's funny how everyone tries to one-up everyone else on these silly forum things. Post something intelligent and balanced and don't post just to get everyone's feathers ruffled. My Fit is awesome and I'd recommend it to anyone - fuel efficiency, cargo room, great stereo, fun to drive, affordable (if you can get one at MSRP like I did), etc. are all great things to find in a car. The Fit's got it. If you want to buy simply for looks alone, buy a Masarati (unless you think they look crappy).

Old 04-28-2006, 09:05 PM
5 Year Member
It's obvious you're a troll and nothing more, fescom. If you dont knock it off this thread is gonna get locked and I'll ask for a ban.

That being said, I think the xA is uuuuugly, but the xB I like. Obviously I (and most of the other members of this board) like the Fit better. It IS a Fit forum, after all.

timbuk3 basically summed up my opinion, too.

Old 04-28-2006, 09:07 PM
You're right these cars are not speed demons by any means.
Then again I never said that they were, they are good transportation that handle well for the price.
Damn you guys are **** about hondas.
Getting that way clouds your thinking.

Yes I am right, looks are everything when buying a vehicle.
You wouldn't even consider buying an ugly car would you?
Okay maybe you would.
But I still think looks are everything, who would even go check out a car to possibly purchase if it was ugly.
The looks have to be there first.
good luck to all

Old 04-28-2006, 09:09 PM
Oh yea.

Get off the performance kick morons.

there isn't any here.

Old 04-28-2006, 09:11 PM
5 Year Member
If by "here" you mean in your garage, I'll agree with you. :rolleyes:

Oh yea.

Get off the performance kick morons.

there isn't any here.

Old 04-28-2006, 09:24 PM
Yes I am right, looks are everything when buying a vehicle.
You wouldn't even consider buying an ugly car would you?
No. Proof in point...I have an Element and I think it's fawking ugly. I am picking up the Fit tomorrow and I don't exactly think it's attractive. Some people like cars for other reasons. I have a car that I like the looks of...so I can handle some other cars that aren't all that perty.

Old 04-28-2006, 09:39 PM
5 Year Member
Fescom is wrong about the Fit's looks. It may look like a minivan, but it looks more like a Honda minivan than a Chrysler minivan. These arguments are so pointless that they can only be worth it because they are fun.

Old 04-28-2006, 09:50 PM
Someone that spends his life on FitFreak.net
Damn anren't we getting testy today!!!
I think you are right the XA looks like a Fisher Price Toy and that makes it look more sporty than the long minivan Fit.
the fit is 3 inches longer than the xA, and its only cuz of the US regulations on bumpers. The non-US (asia or europe) fit is shorter than the xA

Quick Reply: Fit Versus Xa