Other Car Related Discussions Discuss all other cars here.

Fit Versus Xa

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2006, 09:52 PM
Fescom needs to get a Subaru WRX Sti and get off this board. He is dreaming in rice rocket land and is not contributing to to forum whatsoever. Buying a vehicle for mod'ing is not the only reason cars exist. The general public bases their purchasing decisions on many other factors.

Old 04-28-2006, 10:09 PM
Well, I can't wait to see a tastefully modded Odyssey. Maybe the Fit's will help break the ice.

Old 04-28-2006, 10:14 PM
5 Year Member
Evo > STi for modding potential ;)

Originally Posted by ricedragon
Fescom needs to get a Subaru WRX Sti and get off this board. He is dreaming in rice rocket land and is not contributing to to forum whatsoever. Buying a vehicle for mod'ing is not the only reason cars exist. The general public bases their purchasing decisions on many other factors.

Old 04-28-2006, 10:21 PM
Originally Posted by fescom
Yes I am right, looks are everything when buying a vehicle.
You wouldn't even consider buying an ugly car would you?

Maybe YOU wouldn't consider buying an ugly car, but that doesn't mean that everyone else in this world has to live under that same assumption. Some of us buy for quality. And besides, what's "ugly" or not depends on the person anyway. In my opnion, your "cute" xb looks like an oversized fridge on wheels. but that's just my opinion. let's keep it that way.

Old 04-28-2006, 10:25 PM
5 Year Member
Get off the performance kick morons.
There really isn't any good reason to start name calling, is there? You are (as we all are) a _guest_ on this forum. Coming in to troll can be amusing in a sad kind of way. Coming over to be outright offensive is wrong. I'm glad you don't speak for the majority of Scion owners (Scionlife and ClubxB are full of rational and articulate people who can state their arguments in an intelligent manner), and I don't think a lot of people on the Scion boards would be patting you on the back for your conduct here. ;)

RTFR: https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/anno...nt.php?f=2&a=3

Old 04-28-2006, 11:00 PM
5 Year Member
Oh yea.

there isn't any here.
Spoon Fit doesn't exist, huh?

Old 04-30-2006, 03:10 AM
Someone that spends his life on FitFreak.net
Why wont' fescom respond? I wanna hear why he describes the fit as long? could it be that he thought fit was van-sized all this time? Maybe he didn't realize it was a small car, hence the poitn of this thread.

Old 04-30-2006, 04:49 AM
Oh yea.

there isn't any here.
Yes there is. I own an xb myself, not a huge step back from an xa performance wise. Sure none of us are gonna take out a viper or a vette or anything like that. But, I would like to try and take out a Fit or an aveo or a kia whatever(at the track) or atleast see it. I believe they race Fits in Japan, not sure about the xa or xb though. I would love to see a racing series with these smaller cars here in the U.S. Hell I'm even considering selling my xb for a Fit because I like how it looks and it's potential, but I'm not sure if I should wait for a fmc 1st. My point is bro our cars have "performance" it all depends on what you're putting it up against. xa is better, xb is better, Fit is better, blah, blah, blah...race and find out. Stock vs. stock. Mod for mod. It should be fun to do and to watch(atleast for me it would be).
I like these type of threads it breeds debate and thought(sometimes), so long as they're intelligent and civil, but when it breaks down to name calling it helps no one. Whether in a Honda forum or on a Scion forum. Rivalry can be healthy...

Ven

Old 04-30-2006, 09:23 AM
Some people mentioned reviews in which the Fit had better performance than the Fit. Does anyone have links to such reviews? I've seen no reviews between them. The Car and Driver said good things about the Fit, but the Scion xA wasn't in the comparison. Are there actually reviews of the two claiming one has better performance than the other?

On a pure power to weight ratio, they are almost identical. The Fit is up 6 hp, but carries around over 100 more pounds.

I'm still on the fence as to what is right for me. In my opinion, the Fit is more practical, but the Scion xA looks better. I still haven't had a chance to drive the Fit. Choosing between the two is going to come down to other factors. If one really has better performance, that would help with the decision (yea, I know they are both economy cars and won't be fast).

The smart thing to do would be to buy the Fit since this is my "extra" 2nd car to get good gas mileage and carry stuff around. I have another car which I think looks really nice. However, in general, looks followed by performance are the things I look for in a car, so its hard to change that thinking. If this was going to be my only car, I would get the Scion xA.

Old 04-30-2006, 11:34 AM
5 Year Member
I think I'm going to watch with great interest to see what Toyota will offer as the Scion xA successor.

I hope it will be based on this model:

Toyota Ractis:

If that is true, Toyota will have a serious competitor for the Fit, especially since much of the back seat configuration functionality is very similar to the Fit's Magic Seat design!

Old 04-30-2006, 08:06 PM
Originally Posted by kdepew
Some people mentioned reviews in which the Fit had better performance than the Fit. Does anyone have links to such reviews? I've seen no reviews between them. The Car and Driver said good things about the Fit, but the Scion xA wasn't in the comparison. Are there actually reviews of the two claiming one has better performance than the other?

On a pure power to weight ratio, they are almost identical. The Fit is up 6 hp, but carries around over 100 more pounds.

I'm still on the fence as to what is right for me. In my opinion, the Fit is more practical, but the Scion xA looks better. I still haven't had a chance to drive the Fit. Choosing between the two is going to come down to other factors. If one really has better performance, that would help with the decision (yea, I know they are both economy cars and won't be fast).

The smart thing to do would be to buy the Fit since this is my "extra" 2nd car to get good gas mileage and carry stuff around. I have another car which I think looks really nice. However, in general, looks followed by performance are the things I look for in a car, so its hard to change that thinking. If this was going to be my only car, I would get the Scion xA.

It may be biased, but check out Temple of Vtec. They have a 1st impression drive of the Fit, it's in there. Between the two I'd say go for the Fit. Cost a bit more, but you get more. Add the same features on an xa to make it as safe and perform as well plus labor(yes it counts) and you'll have a more expensive xa with a crappy resale value>>>IMO<<<

Old 04-30-2006, 10:51 PM
Master FitFreaker
honda ftw period

Old 05-01-2006, 12:17 AM
This thread has so many different opinions clashed to one its hard to even know where to comment.

I guess i'll start with the Xa and Fit. Mod for mod, you can't really say the Fit out handles the Xa yet for the fact no one has actually done a full comparison on the track. Given how the design is of both cars, i would assume the Fit will out corner a xa in stock forum. But mod for mod is anybody's guess.

Now, for the comments on the xb. First, in autocross i've ran against one Xa. I beat him all five runs, and in the end i finished 1st in my class and in the same class he finished 4th. Of course, much of this can be driver error on his part, but i wouldn't say the Xa out corners the Xb.

Also, with the no performance potential comment. Yes, neither xb/xa with the 1nz-fe motor can put down high numbers like the fit can. Fit has a big advantage with Spoon and Mugen. (yum) But, the xb/xa also weigh less than the Fit which comes into advantage, plus the gear ratio's. Pretty similar to the Fit's. But, 120-130whp (which has become pretty common among boosted xb's) goes along way, enough for a quick daily driver and perfect numbers for cornering, even my 96whp goes along way.

Oh, and for looks. The Fit imo looks better than the Xa, Scion is marketing youth and modification, yes. But Honda doesn't need to do this, because aftermarket overwhelms each new car they put out, and in some cases, before the car even hits the lot. Toyota? Not so much, sometimes they do, like For Scion, but usually they don't.

I'd choose the Fit long before the Xa. :D

Old 05-01-2006, 06:00 PM
5 Year Member
You're the one that said the Fit had poor handling and the Scion had more modification potential. Really, how do you bring up a topic and then get upset at others for discussing it?

Oh well, it's not like you started off with any credibility to begin with.

Yes I am right, looks are everything when buying a vehicle.
Simply untrue. Large factor yes, but not even close to being the only factor.

Old 05-01-2006, 08:21 PM
can we move this to the FIT COMPARISON forum????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????

Old 05-01-2006, 11:04 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by FitCustomer
can we move this to the FIT COMPARISON forum????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????
I suppose I could...

Old 05-07-2006, 02:13 PM
Originally Posted by Jesus
And some other tidbits...

TOYOTAs are more reliable than HONDAs. This is a fact. Accords and Acuras have had troublesome transmissions as of late. They're both reliable, but Toyota has the edge.
personally i've had both a 91 toyota sr5 and i have an 92 acura integra now, and i like the integra way better(not just because it's an integra)...the transmission on the toyota was totally shot and i had nothing but problems with that car(alternator, brakes, radiator, tires, struts/shocks, starter), and it was just over 150,000 miles. my integra now has more miles and the only thing i've had to replace was the brakes and tires (and it's gettin to about 165,000). yea honda is definately better i think...
also you have to take into account of "good" drivers vs. "bad" drivers. i don't know about you guys, but i'm stickin to honda/acura. and i think the FIT has some potential...just check out the spoon car... manage to put a k20 in that baby and ur set! :)

Last edited by Katums06; 05-07-2006 at 02:16 PM.
Old 05-07-2006, 02:48 PM
Ultimatley, it's a matter of taste. People will buy what they appeal to them. We all know the reliabiltiy staples of Toyota and Honda.