Other Car Related Discussions Discuss all other cars here.

1993 Ford Mustang LX - should I buy it?

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2009, 09:54 AM
5 Year Member
That one in the pic I linked to isn't mine. Just a sample, same color and wheels. I will try and get pics of mine. Installed a new driver seat last night (old one had a broken bracket). Threw some cheap seat covers on since it was a diff color, and came from the salvage yard and I haven't shampoo'd it yet. I wear dress shirts to work, taking no chances of getting dirty. Next up is new wipers and replacing a fuse to see if the cruise works.

Old 08-27-2009, 03:24 PM
Originally Posted by Edison Carasio
That one in the pic I linked to isn't mine. Just a sample, same color and wheels. I will try and get pics of mine. Installed a new driver seat last night (old one had a broken bracket). Threw some cheap seat covers on since it was a diff color, and came from the salvage yard and I haven't shampoo'd it yet. I wear dress shirts to work, taking no chances of getting dirty. Next up is new wipers and replacing a fuse to see if the cruise works.
If your cruise doesn't work after that, check the vacuum lines. My cruise on my T/A didn't work either until I replaced those.

Old 08-27-2009, 03:37 PM
5 Year Member
I'm gonna wash, put some Meguira's (sp?) color restore and liquid wax on her this weekend. Maybe rattle can the side mirrors, door handles and wiper arms flat black this weekend too (cheap plastic, paint faded off). Hopefully can get some pics after all of that posted by Monday. Gotta put that thang on Craigslist and make some money!

Old 08-27-2009, 03:43 PM
Meguiar's ROCKS! I just put some Scratch X down on my Trans Am and the little scratches are GONE. Getting her ready for AutoFair in Charlotte. :D

Old 08-27-2009, 04:15 PM
5 Year Member
I waxed my fit and used the scratch remover from Meguiar's, and it looks 100 times better. I had a scuff from a hydro jack handle that scuffed the bumper, and it came right off. The scratches in the Fit's door handle area are gone now too. Yay! Seeing these two cars in front of my house is a bit of contradiction though. lol

Old 08-27-2009, 05:00 PM
Originally Posted by Edison Carasio
Seeing these two cars in front of my house is a bit of contradiction though. lol
Now you know where my screen name came from!! LOL!

Old 08-28-2009, 11:47 AM
5 Year Member
Here's all the stuff I've done since I bought it last Saturday.

Replaced driver and passenger side visors (free)
Replaced driver seat (free, bought seat covers though)
Replaced passenger side wiper arm (free)
Replaced driver side and passenger side wipers ($10.58)
Fixed hatch release (free, just some sweat and ruined trunk plastic. Junkyard special should fix that for a few bucks)
Adhesive sprayed the roof lining in some spots to make it look nicer (free)
Cleaned interior like a mad man
Bought Ford floor mats to replace faded Mustang ones ($29. Didn't have to do this, I didn't realize I had the Mustang ones till after the fact).

Next fixes:
Change oil and other normal maint. Junk
Replace hood cowl (it's the cheap plastic that has a few vents broke. Purely cosmetic, junk yard special)
Replace driver door handle (cheap plastic, broke)
Replace passenger door handle (cheap plastic, will break EVENTUALLY)
Replace driver side door trim (junk yard special! Will just paint flat black and take the rest off and paint to match. Better all flat black than mismatched)
Replace rear hatch supports (that hatch has to weigh as much as my whole Fit!)
Use some Meguiar's Color Restore and Meguiar's Liquid Wax ($10.99, I already have the wax)

And that’s it. I have some wider tires for the rear. Right now rear tires are 215/60/15 and front are 195/60/15 (I think these are the sizes). Will put some 235/60/15 (I think this is their size) in the rear and move the 215 to the front.

Last edited by Edison Carasio; 08-28-2009 at 11:52 AM.