Other Car Related Discussions Discuss all other cars here.

From being Fit, to Sol-ful

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2009, 01:27 AM
From being Fit, to Sol-ful

So I finally picked up my 94 Del Sol VTEC (the same as the EG2 SiR in Japan). First impressions are pretty good. Shifts smooth except every now and then it only half-engages 1st so I sometimes need to put it back in neutral and try again, but that's maybe 1 in 50 times. I drove a lot today lol. Brakes bite pretty hard and I don't need to put my foot down far like I did in the Fit. Clutch is brand new, he got it done yesterday and showed me the receipt. $700 but his dad runs a dealership so he has connections and got it way cheaper than the receipt said. Paint is decent for a 16 year old car. A ding on the hood, scratches all around. I'm planning to carbon fiber everything possible (hood, fenders, trunk, license area garnish for a total of about $1500-1700 total) and have the front/rear bumpers, doors, and the A+C-pillars repainted either cheap black or factory Granada Black. That's next summer though. For now, I ordered OEM mudguards and floormats, JDM taillights (deletes the ugly side reflectors), and a Buddy Club Pro Spec catback exhaust. Next up will be an intake, shortshifter, and stereo. Oh and I really missed top-down driving. I drove 70mph on the highway at 10pm, it was pretty chilly but that doesn't bother me. So awesome to look up at the sky whenever I want. Funny thing at the gas station, I almost forgot the B16A needs premium, so I said regular and right when he put it in I said OH MY GOD WAIT WAIT I MEAN PREMIUM SORRY. lol. It was at that moment I realized I miss Florida and pumping my own gas... Anyway here are 3 pics I took of it today with my camera phone. Better pics to come, and this will be my progress thread for the future. Enjoy :P

^ those black housing headlights and aux lights are the only mods the kid did to the exterior. I will be ordering legit JDM headlights eventually. Interior has blue dome/cargo lights (chucking for white), bluestitched leather seat covers (gonna chuck for GSR or S2K leather seats) and bluestitch shift/ebrake boot (gonna chuck when I get a shortshifter)

^no before pic, but on the trunk was a bright white DOHC VTEC sticker that I just HAD to delete. Sleeper ftw lol the Civic and Del Sol stickers were stubborn so I'll use a blowdrier to heat them up tomorrow.

Sucks to leave the Fit world. I saw a black one today and said "wow, it looks that sexy and it's stock. I wish I could've seen someone drive mine on the road. My jaw would've dropped" lol.

Last edited by trancedsailor; 09-04-2009 at 01:31 AM.
Old 09-04-2009, 02:23 AM
5 Year Member
so its an actual EG2 model? very nice

Old 09-04-2009, 02:28 AM
5 Year Member
Congrats on the Del-Slo :o My cousin drives one it's nice. He's got a B16 in his too.

Old 09-04-2009, 08:20 AM
Nice!!! It looks to be in great shape for a 15 year old.

Old 09-04-2009, 10:46 AM
Yup SolBros. it's a JHMEG2 VIN. Everyone thinks I'm nuts because they thought the Fit was ***, and now they think my Sol is *** lol I guess I just like *** cars? Hah.

I couldn't sleep well last night. Do you guys ever have that problem where you just can't stop thinking about the possibilities/mods you want to do to your cars? I'm going to need sleeping pills for a while until the Sol is slammed with wheels and a fresh paintjob ;/

Thinking of vanity plates (I really want them this time) maybe like EG2 FTW or something

Old 09-04-2009, 11:19 AM
5 Year Member
lol thats awesome dude!

the del sol is an infinitely better chassis and engine configuration than the fit, performance-wise

Old 09-04-2009, 11:19 AM
if i didnt have kids this is the car that i would get! pop the t top and ride! nice buy man everything happens for a reason so hopefully this car will be good to you.

Old 09-04-2009, 12:04 PM
5 Year Member
CONGRATS!! there's a champagne colored 'sol on bronze TE's at cal state northridge that i always see when i drive by the campus -- soooo damn sexy!

i can't wait to see what you plan on doing with this 'sol. have you already sold your wheels? your EG2 could've taken a walk in your GD3's shoes [literally].

PS: coilovers > catback.... ALWAYS. shame on you :P

Old 09-04-2009, 12:22 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by GD3_Wagoon
CONGRATS!! there's a champagne colored 'sol on bronze TE's at cal state northridge that i always see when i drive by the campus -- soooo damn sexy!

i can't wait to see what you plan on doing with this 'sol. have you already sold your wheels? your EG2 could've taken a walk in your GD3's shoes [literally].

PS: coilovers > catback.... ALWAYS. shame on you :P

literally

Old 09-04-2009, 12:28 PM
5 Year Member
Congrats on the new Del Sol! :]
My bf had one a while ago and still misses it to this day. x]

Old 09-04-2009, 12:33 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by solbrothers

literally

looks really good! too bad the sport wheels are so skinny and the offset is weak, otherwise i would've kept them and run a mild spacer.
(i didn't want to quote the photo but i post too slow)

i gave my alloys to my mom
(crappy iphone pic warning)

Old 09-04-2009, 01:49 PM
5 Year Member
I sold my 95 Del Sol S when I bought my Fit, and I really miss it sometimes.

Old 09-04-2009, 01:55 PM
that white Sol is pretty sick. I would like coilovers but with winter coming, part of me wants to wait and ride out these old rusty struts until spring. That way a fresh set of Skunk2 Pro C's + matte black Enkei RPF1's on Kumho's will make me smile from ear to ear. So for now I'm just going to focus on the simple easy stuff. I priced out a nice head unit/speaker combo I'll get around to, a B&M shortshifter that reduces throw by 56% (stock it already feels shorter and stiffer than my Mugen Fit shifter did wtf), and a Buddy Club catback. That'll be it for this year. Here's more pics from today. I used a hairdrier to remove all the stickers and added OEM mudflaps (need to buy washers for the fronts, they are a little loose without them). JDM tails are coming any day now, and Samba floormats :)

My Yoshi cost $5 shipped from ebay (quite a large bid audience which amazed me) so I take it off when I park somewhere other than my house lol.

Old 09-04-2009, 02:02 PM
well we know how the fit feels!? lol
Name:  betrayal.jpg
Views: 61
Size:  32.9 KB

Old 09-04-2009, 02:05 PM
LOL I'VE SEEN THAT BEFORE!!!! Totally good timing, man. Hahahah

Old 09-04-2009, 02:42 PM
5 Year Member
Nice Fit replacement.
lol on having to take Yoshi off when parking.

Old 09-09-2009, 07:18 AM
Are you worried that someone will steal your yoshi, looks like it could be easily taken off.

whoops didnt read whole thread

Old 09-09-2009, 11:27 AM
haha :) I'm gonna find a way to weld him on there or something. It looks funny when I have to spend 5 seconds to get it off whenever I park ;/

Old 09-09-2009, 11:38 AM
5 Year Member
I'd say you should go spoilerless or at least get a CF trunk.

Old 09-09-2009, 02:24 PM
aww...i was going to use a red yoshi for my mascot that I still have chillen in my room from when I was little lol...Eh, screw it, I'm doin it anyway lol sorry to copy you!

lovin the del sol...I'm thinkin itb's, built head and super high compression bottom end run yourself around at 10-11k rpm's!

Quick Reply: From being Fit, to Sol-ful