Other Car Related Discussions Discuss all other cars here.

Modified cars are all starting to look the same to me...

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2010, 07:21 AM
5 Year Member
Modified cars are all starting to look the same to me...

Is it just me or is every modified car starting to look the same? Always lowered, always tinted, always back rims with a machined lip. Always blacked out headlights and tailights and usually/sometimes debadged.

I don't know whats wrong with me but I no longer find this 'clean' look attractive at all!!!

Here's an example:

Just slap on some limo tint and lower it another inch and it would look like everyother modified car.

Honestly, whenever I see a car like this the first thought that pops in my mind is 'wannabe' or 'trying too hard'

In fact it gives me the same reaction that the giant ricer spoilers of yester-decade used to.

Any one else getting tired of the same ole same ole?

Last edited by Lyon[Nightroad]; 05-18-2010 at 07:24 AM.
Old 05-18-2010, 07:41 AM
I get your point, but there were also people before the rice age that were doing the same thing to their cars. The few that didn't succumb to the rice.
Eventually, rice became knowingly disgusting, so the new thing is to hook up cars the way a few of us were back in the day lol

Old 05-18-2010, 07:44 AM
5 Year Member
Makes sense, everything that is cool is only truly cool until it goes mainstream.

Old 05-18-2010, 07:49 AM
5 Year Member
the blacked out stealth look is dead.. people see what others do and do the same cause it looks good ppl arent really creative with there cars anymore.. i have some thing that may seem typical but buy what i like and eventually try to stand out cause i dnt like having things that every 1 has

Old 05-18-2010, 08:06 AM
Banned
The car (i'm working on buying right now) won't fit that

It's milano red, lowered, no tint, stock heads, and going to have sparkly enkei's lol no lip

Old 05-18-2010, 09:07 AM
That's not what my ultimate goal is.

No tint on front for me, tickets = BAD
I have my badges
I want to lower it just a bit
I want white Rota Slips with Neochoro lugs
I have a hood deflector
I have turn signal mirrors
Also the GE Access Visors are pretty unique. I like them more than the Mugen ones

You could always go for the look below:

This guy is a REAL WINNAR

Old 05-18-2010, 11:16 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Lyon[Nightroad]
Makes sense, everything that is cool is only truly cool until it goes mainstream.
But the ricey stuff was always atrocious to a lot of folks. It was an attention getting fad from people who didn't really like cars the way an enthusiast does. The only riced out crap I see on the street these days are used cars that probably still have the same mods on them left over from 1996.

Old 05-18-2010, 11:24 AM
U mean 2006. Lol

And to be honest after fast and furious's success, a lot of people became fascinated with the scene that had no prior interest.

Old 05-18-2010, 11:45 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by hondaFORlife
U mean 2006. Lol

And to be honest after fast and furious's success, a lot of people became fascinated with the scene that had no prior interest.
This is the most perfect example of what I remember. Hard to find authentic rice pics these days!

This generation accord, and look was a dime a dozen. Must have updated the exhaust though. Those N1 style things weren't til later, I don't think.

Old 05-18-2010, 11:49 AM
5 Year Member
Cars aren't intended to make a fashion statement, cars are meant to be driven.... There are less improvements that actually improve a car being focussed on than cars that have what is referred to as a certain stance that results in trashed oil pans, fenders, suspension parts, finally ending up as a wreck that will no longer even roll.... The focus should be more on real improvements to a car rather than the same cosmetic changes that appear on almost all of the cars until someone concludes that a different wheel size , front lip or some other product is the coolest, (excuse me) sickest thing to bolt onto your car..... It makes me think of the custom van craze of the 1970s.

Old 05-18-2010, 11:52 AM
5 Year Member
I see the left over rice generation all the time. Just look at all the used, shitty eclipses driving around.

Old 05-18-2010, 11:56 AM
5 Year Member
You had me?
You never had me.
You never had your car.

Fast and the Furious poisoned the minds of our children.
Nothing better than neon paint, excessive body kits and chrome 20's.

It does seem as though all the hondas are starting to look the same. People see the potential of what cars can be, then everybody wants one.

I dont know about you but i live my life a quarter mile at a time.

Old 05-18-2010, 12:05 PM
5 Year Member
To be honest my car isn't the most dignified looking car a guy my age is normally seen driving but at the same time the modifications I have spent money on and banged myself up doing are things to improve the car's performance and to a lesser extent comfort..... There are those that love the looks of certain modifications and others that love the results of modifications that actually improve the car's function.

Old 05-18-2010, 12:32 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Texas Coyote
To be honest my car isn't the most dignified looking car a guy my age is normally seen driving but at the same time the modifications I have spent money on and banged myself up doing are things to improve the car's performance and to a lesser extent comfort..... There are those that love the looks of certain modifications and others that love the results of modifications that actually improve the car's function.
If I were a good deal older, I think I would start to not care what other people think anymore. I do enjoy driving a stiff, loud car as a daily driver, but I'm in a sensitive image period or something. Gotta grow up a bit before I can resort to my inner child. /freud

Old 05-18-2010, 03:38 PM
5 Year Member
I gotta admit I love how my car looks at the height it is but the handling is what I really love about it

Old 05-18-2010, 03:54 PM
5 Year Member
haha you definition matched my previous car perfectly except my back wheel has a dish thats been mashined, and my front is mashined without being dished:

but i matched ALL of your definition... black.. black rims, black taillights, black tint, no badges... intercooler the size of Texas.

Name:  IMG_0896.jpg
Views: 140
Size:  140.5 KB

Old 05-18-2010, 04:07 PM
5 Year Member
It's all a matter of taste. If you think something is cool, you copy. Problem is if your thinking is retarded, then you might think the hello kitty pink and green look is cool too. But hey as long as you are happy, its all good. Just don't be surprised or offended if you offer someone a ride and they respond with, thanks but ill take the bus. Tattoo's are another great example of this.

These days if you want to be unique, stay stock, or keep the mods to a minimum.

My Fit is stock except for the tint and jdm armrest. my Montero is stock. My NSX, has a few mods, but nothing crazy like wide body kits, giant spoilers, 18 or 19's.

Old 05-18-2010, 04:56 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Vash
haha you definition matched my previous car perfectly except my back wheel has a dish thats been mashined, and my front is mashined without being dished:

but i matched ALL of your definition... black.. black rims, black taillights, black tint, no badges... intercooler the size of Texas.

I would love to have a car as great looking as your Mustang....In East Texas the term "Bigger than Dallas" is used to describe something that is really large..

Old 05-18-2010, 06:04 PM
And yes you do reach the age where you don't much care what people think of your tastes. Some people get there before others is all. Most of what i have done to my Fit has made it more fun to drive, and ride in. I realized this again after taking a 200 mile round trip to my folks house to pick up some Caddy parts on Sunday. I arrived home feeling as good as when I left almost four hours earlier. Then got into my wifes rental car (PT Cruiser, don't ask ) And after a fifteen minute trip to Walmart wanted to lay down and take a nap! LOL And sad to say there isn't much new under the sun when it comes to Honda modding.

Old 05-18-2010, 06:14 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by hayden
But the ricey stuff was always atrocious to a lot of folks. It was an attention getting fad from people who didn't really like cars the way an enthusiast does. The only riced out crap I see on the street these days are used cars that probably still have the same mods on them left over from 1996.
IMO, the rice was never cool to begin with. I think the 'blacked out stealth look' was pretty cool for a while, say maybe a couple of years ago, but then all of a sudden everyone was doing it.

After a few moments of thought I've come to realization. MY problem is not with the cars themself. It usualy looks fine enough. I have developed instead a stereotype about the drivers of said cars. lol, but Vash had to come and be an exception to it.

Last edited by Lyon[Nightroad]; 05-18-2010 at 06:21 PM.

Quick Reply: Modified cars are all starting to look the same to me...