Other Car Related Discussions Discuss all other cars here.

Honda Fit vs. Toyota Corolla

Old 06-12-2006, 09:17 PM
I need to add one more comment and then I'll shut-up :)

If I only had one car, I would definitely have chosen the Fit. Although I didn't get a chance to test-drive one (given the deficit of availability) I suspect it would have been WAY more fun to drive than the Corolla. The Corolla fits my needs as a daily-driver, but I have the benefit of having an S2000 when I want to explore my inner-boyracerchild :)

Old 06-12-2006, 09:49 PM
Someone that Posts too much
Originally Posted by Abiding Dude
One last note: I wanted to add one more "Pro" for the Corolla. It has a dead-pedal :D
You just have to rub it in don't ya :mad:

:D

Anyway, either car is a good choice IMO.

Old 06-12-2006, 10:16 PM
Someone that Posts too much
Originally Posted by Abiding Dude
I need to add one more comment and then I'll shut-up :)

If I only had one car, I would definitely have chosen the Fit. Although I didn't get a chance to test-drive one (given the deficit of availability) I suspect it would have been WAY more fun to drive than the Corolla. The Corolla fits my needs as a daily-driver, but I have the benefit of having an S2000 when I want to explore my inner-boyracerchild :)
I test drove both cars and i can tell you that the Fit is considerably (probably an understatement) fun than the corolla. Corolla is good as a daily driver but it doesn't hurt to have fun in one which the Fit is very good at. My Fit has just under 4,000 miles, none of them were boring. BTW, i also have an S2000 for fun days. I still stand by what i said that which ever car you end up with is a good choice.;)

Old 06-16-2006, 11:38 AM
The corolla gets better mileage than the fit!?!? Im selling my Corolla (9 km per liter) to buy a Fit/Jazz (assuming it goes at 12 km per liter) because of the gas consumption..:(

Old 06-26-2006, 01:02 AM
I've been a Toyota Man since high school, and swore total allegiance to Toyotas due to their reliabilty and durability. My next choice before seeing the fit was the Yaris or a Corolla. My wife and I test drove a Corolla during Toyota's big sale during Memorial Day weekend. Although I liked the smoothness and quietness of the drive, it was definitely uninspired. A great commuter/family car, but nothing more. My wife flat out thought the Corolla was boring, and convinced me to turn away from great pricing with a super interest rate. When we finally saw a Honda Fit for the first time, my eyes glazed over with shock! It was love at first sight for us with the Fit! Coolness, fun, handling, enough pep and roomy all in one package! We now drive one and have never regretted our decision! Goodbye Toyota, hello Honda! :D

Old 06-26-2006, 03:02 AM
i had driven corolla many times while gotten it from rental car companies.
i do agree it is a very nice car. it is nice to drive and handle from here to there. it is actually my favorite car, if i can request or choose.
for the fun factors, Fit goes, hands down. (before Fit's introduction, i had no appetite for any FWDs, i had owned a WRX and now having an Evolution for my pleasure.)
the Fit again gives me the bang for the buck, and gas saver for today's oil prices. after test drove xB, corolla, etc and comparisons to many other cars. Fit is my choice. if there is no Fit, i would probably end up either an xB or a Corolla S, that's for sure.
just my personal experience and preference, either way, you will be happy.

Old 06-26-2006, 11:00 AM
I have had my 2006 Corolla LE for a week now.

I am really enjoying the car. The one thing I do not like about it is the driving position. It really is made for older and shorter people :)

Other than that, I do not regret my purchase. I am surprised at how smooth and refined such a small car can be. It is, however, an appliance and I would hate to have it as my only car.

Old 06-26-2006, 11:46 AM
5 Year Member
YES winning over toyota veterans with a simple Hello from Honda's FIT! LOVE MINES!! Never was a toyota person, only drive Honda's!