Other Car Related Discussions Discuss all other cars here.

Fit vs Scion xA

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2006, 12:00 PM
Trust the Fit

I have driven both cars, and I decided obviously on the Fit:) . Here is what I thought was important in this decision.
1. The Finished product went to the Fit, the Xa felt 2K cheaper.
2. The gauge cluster went to the Fit, The Xa in the middle didn't do it.
3. The body roll on the Xa felt all over the place.
4. The steering on the Xa was very loose and sloppy.
5. The Fit comes with all the airbags, including side curtain. (Xa option)
6. Fit 5 speed auto with paddle shifters, Xa ???? can't keep up.
7. The Fit also did it on interior layout, far too many options. (Xa; you get the point)
8. Overall the Fit felt like the better car, and for my wife to agree with me on a decision (for a change) than I must be right.:rolleyes:

Old 07-20-2006, 12:07 PM
Someone that Posts too much
i would have to disagree with points 3/4/6

if you are not comparing apples to apples, then it's not a fair fight

since you are comparing the fit auto with paddle shifters, you are comparing the Sport with probably the base xA..

the xA with the TRD strut bar and better tires felt BETTER than the base fit...

-joe

Old 07-20-2006, 04:24 PM
But A strut Bar and tires are options NOT standard...

Old 07-20-2006, 06:39 PM
my point being, that when you compare a top of the line Fit against a base xA, you are being unfair

a base xA with the strut bar and tires still cost thousands less than a sport Fit and still performs good..

if you want to compare, compare a base fit with the base xA and compare the cost.. xA wins in this regard..

-joe

Old 07-20-2006, 06:48 PM
Frequent FitFreak Poster
But the base Fit has the same suspension as the Sport Fit. A base Fit is going to perform great out of the box without needing suspension upgrades, and easily beat a base xA.

Old 07-20-2006, 06:57 PM
it's a pointless debate to argue FOR the xA on the fit board

i have driven both extensively (like, for more than a day) and i really don't care which one i get / got.. (i drive my fit, my sister drives the xA)

same suspension yes, different tires for the base fit

take the money you would save buying an xA and buy mods, you will beat the base fit

-joe

Old 07-20-2006, 07:03 PM
Frequent FitFreak Poster
I don't disagree that the xA is a great car, I just found that for myself the Fit offered everything without needing aftermarket mods or upgrades. The xA was my second choice, tied with the xB. They're all great vehicles!

Old 09-17-2006, 01:36 AM
Hey everyone, I was just check these boards to see if Fit MT had started being available yet, and thought while i was here I would update on our xA experience so far. It has been great.

We were so tunnel-visioned for the Fit that we weren't really that enthusiastic about the xA when we first got it, but, let me tell you, 5k miles and a couple months later, we really couldn't love the car more. We laugh at ourselves now about how obsessed we were with the Fit, when the xA is such a very, very similar car. It drives great, has an impressive fit and finish, gets great mileage and Toyota is right up there with Honda in terms of build quality and reliability. We couldn't be happier.

On the other hand, if we had decided to hold out for a Fit, we'd still be waiting, and still be without a solid delivery date (according to what I have seen in other posts here, and what the local Honda dealer has told me). All I can say is Honda really screwed this one up, about as badly as possible. Not only did they lose our Fit sale, but now we are very much more on the Toyota side of the fence. I and most people tend to stay with what works, and we love our xA (just as I am sure we would have loved out Fit).