Other Car Related Discussions Discuss all other cars here.
View Poll Results: What do you think of the Nissan Jukes looks?
Looks great!
41.11%
I'm indifferent.
12.22%
Ugly!
34.44%
Ugly, and even a Pontiac Aztek look better than the Juke!
12.22%
Voters: 90. You may not vote on this poll

Nissan Juke

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2011, 03:39 PM
Need to be brand new as this will be a company purchase doing all year round home care. The Juke has a personal interest to me so this will be my main winter runner. If I would have been doing business in a non snowing area... I would have a fleet of FITs :D

Old 02-27-2011, 05:38 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by ThEvil0nE
Need to be brand new as this will be a company purchase doing all year round home care. The Juke has a personal interest to me so this will be my main winter runner. If I would have been doing business in a non snowing area... I would have a fleet of FITs :D
Hey Evil - let us know what you thought about your Juke test drive when you do..I'm seriously interested in one too, and I'd like to hear your comparison to the Fit. I love my Fit, but the Juke is just too cool!

I'm about a year away from getting one, so I don't want to go drive one too soon - I'd end up torturing myself for the next year!

Old 02-28-2011, 01:01 AM
Originally Posted by Atomic17
Hey Evil - let us know what you thought about your Juke test drive when you do..I'm seriously interested in one too, and I'd like to hear your comparison to the Fit. I love my Fit, but the Juke is just too cool!

I'm about a year away from getting one, so I don't want to go drive one too soon - I'd end up torturing myself for the next year!
will do :)

Old 02-28-2011, 01:02 AM
first mod???

+ =

Old 02-28-2011, 02:14 PM
Originally Posted by JDMxGE8
When I first saw the pictures, I thought it was ugly. Saw one in person up close and thought it was hideous.
+1. my thoughts exactly.

Old 02-28-2011, 04:13 PM
I have to say, when the juke is facing you... it's one of those faces that only a mother can love. Other than that, it's one good lookin thing.

Like this one on RS-R springs...

Old 03-01-2011, 11:15 AM
^ The Juke does look really good when it's lowered nicely like that.

I think it's pretty cool that you're in home healthcare (I take it) and are looking into something like a Juke...I was involved with mobile radiography (x-ray, doing portable procedures in nursing homes, advanced care facilities, etc.) for a little while and all we got was a freaking Trailblazer!

Old 03-01-2011, 03:40 PM
5 Year Member
took one for test drive on the weekend

if i can get the price i want for my fit ill be picking one up in the summer time

Old 04-02-2011, 08:27 AM
5 Year Member
Evil - I broke down and drove a Juke a few weeks ago, and today I'm heading to the Nissan dealer to see what they'll give me for my Fit (my patience became non-existent once I drove the Juke)...

It reminds me a lot of a MINI, but rides a little higher (but still no body roll) - I didn't think I'd like sitting higher than in my Fit, but I actually do!

The power and the equipment for the price is just awesome, I'm hoping they can find me a 6spd in the Electric Blue!

I'll keep you all posted on how it goes!

Old 04-02-2011, 10:36 AM
the juke doesn't really give you the dramatic feeling of being high on the ground. the seats sit low on the inside giving you the feeling of being low to the ground. it only takes one test drive to know the juke is special... love it! but I'm still in gripe that AWD is not available on MT tho.

Old 04-02-2011, 12:39 PM
I actually like the Juke alot, if it had more cargo space Id probably trade my fit in for one.

Old 04-02-2011, 12:45 PM
Fit is king of cargo area in it's class and then some :)

Old 04-02-2011, 01:06 PM
My $0.02: Ugly, but nothing can out-ugly an Aztek.

Old 04-13-2011, 12:38 PM
5 Year Member
Well, Evil, I broke down and traded the Fit last weekend for a 2011 Juke...

I wanted the Electric Blue, but the dealer couldn't locate a 6spd manual within 500miles, so I got the Sapphire Black (it's still technically blue) - I'll miss the Fit for it's gas mileage, cargo room, and zippiness through the corenrs, but the Juke is much more fun to drive, has some features I missed (sunroof, 6spd, 4wheel discs) and it's just a cool car!

Go drive one, you'll love it!

Old 04-13-2011, 02:05 PM
Replace "last weekend" with "last month" and "juke" with TC and I'm in the same boat! I really like the specs on the Juke (looking at Inside Line's full tests, it looks like they performed very similarly on acceleration, skidpad, etc, which makes sense for two vehicles at similar process points with similar weights and similar power. I haven't lost much in the way of fuel economy going from a AT Fit to an MT tC, but like you, I'm definitely enjoying the extra power, sunroof, 6 speed.

Call me crazy, but the Juke is already such an eccentric vehicle, know what I would love in it? a 2 door version, with a half convertible top like the old Amigo, Rav4, And Suzuki Sidekick. It would e te perfect blend of Jeep Wrangler and Golf GTI, and I'd probably have ordered one sight unseen (I LOVE open roofed vehicles... Especially ones that still have a roll cage if you accidentally put the shiny side down! - guess I'll make due with a panoramic glass roof!

How is the steering feel in the Juke? That is probably the one weak point in the tC - that's the one place where that Toyota DNA just shines through. It's got grip galore - there's one offramp here (advisory posted at 35 mph, but it's a freeway exit from a 65 mph freeway to a 45 mph arterial road). In the Fit, at 50 mph, I could feel the wheels and hints of understeer, but it would haul through. In the tC, 60 mph is easy, but a bit... I don't know, sterile? It glides right through the corner way faster than it should, with no light tire whine, no jolts through the wheel, just cold, calm competence. It occurred to me that this may be why these things are so expensive to ensure - they maintain such composure that you're going way faster when you finally reach te non-negotiable limits of handling! :lol:

Congrats on the new ride! Pics? :-D

Old 04-13-2011, 03:14 PM
already test driven the Juke and it was the terms where me and Nissan had problem with. I would have driven one that day but oh well... sometimes soon I guess and maybe by then an awd 6mt would be an option.

Looks are subjective... I love it... Nissan has a winner in the Juke where the sentra spec v se-r so massively failed.

Old 04-13-2011, 03:33 PM
5 Year Member
Thanks Occam!

When I read recently that you traded out of your Fit, I didn't feel nearly as badly about trading out of mine. I had a 2007 tC 3 cars ago (I traded it for a 2009 MINI Cooper, which I traded for the Fit - long story), so I can see why you went with a tC...

I haven't had much seat time in the Juke yet, and it has a 1200mile break-in period (no revs over 4K), so I haven't been able to "push it" much yet...yet. But call me crazy, initial impressions is that the Fit feels a little sharper in the corners, maybe it's because I'm sitting higher (never realized how low the seating was in the Fit until I sat in something else). I am feeling a little more body roll in the Juke than in the Fit (I always felt it took corners as well as my MINI), and the Sport setting is supposed to tighten the steering, but I don't feel a difference. All that being said, it is still an awesome little ride. It feels like a much more substantial car than the Fit, and larger too, even though it's the same size. It has to me the same "bigger car" feeling that I had with my tC (I'm used to small little hatchbacks) - it's also probably the extra 500lbs over the weight of the Fit. As far as the steering, I'll have to spend more time behind the wheel to give a better review. For now, the Fit felt tighter in the turns...

I considered a new tC - I love the new styling, finally a 6spd over the old 5spd, more power (but even more in the Juke), but in the long run I didn't want to go back to a 2door, and this may sound petty, but I need a rear-window wiper. That was one of the main things that annoyed me about my 07 tC. Since the blind spots got bigger in the new tC, they really should have added a rear wiper to help visibility. How are you finding it, coming from the fish-bowl visibility of the Fit?

We're taking a road trip this weekend, so I'll be able to get a better feel for the Juke (and we're surprising my car-nut friends), so it'll get driven by a bunch of people!

And funny you mention a 2 door soft top Juke, I think there is a photoshop of one floating around the Juke forums, I'll have to find it..

I haven't had time to take a proper photoshoot, but I've posted pics in my gallery of when I picked it up at the dealer.

Any pics of the tC?

Old 04-13-2011, 04:20 PM
I think the Juke looks better in person than it does in pictures. Iffy on the lowering since I think of the Juke as a crossover but it does look interesting lowered. Too bad no MT on AWD.

Old 04-13-2011, 07:12 PM
@Atomic17:

Loving it! It took me a little bit of time to adjust to the difference in the view from inside, but it feels natural now. The blind spots don't seem any worse than most coupes (no worse than the '01 Civic or dad's new Accord Coupe) and the view to the rear is worlds better than in my Element, where the seats folded up and blocked the rear side windows.

I sat in a leftover '10 tC, but I was always a bit lukewarm on the styling in those, and it didn't have much in the way of legroom (seat travel felt limited). The rear wiper would be nice, but I can live without it; much like a sedan, water tends to flow off rather easily, aided by Rain-X.

But overall, lots more power than the Fit, terrific cornering - the stabilizer bars are pretty stiff, especially noticeable going over, say, half a speed bump. The interior feels like it was designed for a long legged driver, with lots of foot space, a bit longer clutch throw than typically seen in compacts, an unintrusive console, and the flat-bottomed wheel to aide in knee space. Mileage has been ~25-26 (amost all city). It feels incredibly substantial compared to the Fit, but lacks the same "toss it like a go-kart because it weighs as much as a styrofoam cooler" exuberance. On the plus side re: substantial feeling, it got Top Pick by IIHS and 5-stars overall in NHTSA's newly revised crash scores that knocked the Civic and Corolla down to a 3-star and the Versa to a 2-star.

Old 04-13-2011, 07:18 PM
the juke is a joke.

Quick Reply: Nissan Juke