Other Car Related Discussions Discuss all other cars here.
View Poll Results: What do you think of the Nissan Jukes looks?
Looks great!
41.11%
I'm indifferent.
12.22%
Ugly!
34.44%
Ugly, and even a Pontiac Aztek look better than the Juke!
12.22%
Voters: 90. You may not vote on this poll

Nissan Juke

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2011, 07:27 PM
(also... The Fit feels really high compared to this thing! I have the seat at the lowest setting - most heigh adjustment tends to move the seat forward as it rises - and I felt like I was sitting on the floor for the first week!)

Old 04-13-2011, 08:57 PM
5 Year Member
i saw one at the auto show this weekend and was not surprised at all. It looks fuggly and on top of that you get way more features in a FIT!

Old 04-14-2011, 02:04 AM
Originally Posted by Scala
i saw one at the auto show this weekend and was not surprised at all. It looks fuggly and on top of that you get way more features in a FIT!
The S-trim (base) Juke has a roughly similar level of doodads to the Fit Sport, albeit with a better engine, seat height adjustment, and real brakes in the rear. Above that, you get into a level of trim that the Fit simply doesn't approach: power moonroof, heated leather, smart-key, privacy glass. It's simply a nicer car with a dearer sticker.

Old 04-14-2011, 02:43 AM
5 Year Member

I can't like it because it wastes all the space it takes with that wide wheelbase. It has a front headlight design like the two design teams couldn't come to a compromise and managers decided to let the car keep both headlight designs.

On such a big car, where is the rear door?
I just don't like crossovers - they are unnecessary polluting and environmentally criminal things to drive. That's why they almost only exclusively are sold in the US where money rules everything.

I also bet it has a rollover rating of 1 star.

Old 04-14-2011, 09:46 AM
Originally Posted by john21031

I can't like it because it wastes all the space it takes with that wide wheelbase. It has a front headlight design like the two design teams couldn't come to a compromise and managers decided to let the car keep both headlight designs.

I just don't like crossovers - they are unnecessary polluting and environmentally criminal things to drive. That's why they almost only exclusively are sold in the US where money rules everything.

Wtf!
Big car = same basic size as a fit.
Rear door = same place as on a Fit
Juke = previously a European market model (Q-something)
Environmentally criminal = similar mileage to a Fit
Rollover stability... Well, it's a similar sized vehicle to a Fit, and unlike most Fits sold in the last few years, it has stability control to assist in keeping the shiny side up.

Sorry, try again.

Old 04-14-2011, 12:53 PM
Originally Posted by john21031

have you ever even driven one??? and if you're looking for space... you're certainly looking at the wrong car. try a minivan or keep the fit...

Old 04-14-2011, 01:17 PM
Ust for reference: juke is 162" long, 70" wide, 62" tall. Fit is 162" long, 67" wide, 60" tall. Fit's wheelbase is an inch shorter. There should be very little difference in rollover resistance... I'd guess that a Juke with AWD (and a rear shifted weight bias) and independen rear suspension would handle even better.

Old 04-14-2011, 01:31 PM
5 Year Member
Nah, juke starts to lose it's power advantage at that point. More drivetrain loss and starting to get too heavy. The awd traction is virtually irrelevant because neither car is anywhere near the limit of traction in fwd as it is. Need to get into the 200+ hp region before it matters at all. IRS isn't all it's cracked up to be, just look at mustang vs camero...

Last edited by Lyon[Nightroad]; 04-14-2011 at 01:35 PM.
Old 04-14-2011, 02:16 PM
GTM in California has stage 1, 2 & 3 direct bolt on turbo upgrades for the Juke. GTM Motorsports*::*FORCED INDUCTION*::*Turbo Upgrades

Old 04-14-2011, 02:22 PM
5 Year Member
Maybe I'm tripping here but whoever I hear stage 3, stage 2, etc come from someone talking about their car, the first thing that comes to mind is *cough* ricer *cough* much like talk of 50 trim turbos that permeates YouTube.

Old 04-14-2011, 02:48 PM
LMAO and no... you're not trippin hahaha

Old 04-14-2011, 02:56 PM
Originally Posted by Lyon[Nightroad]
Maybe I'm tripping here but whoever I hear stage 3, stage 2, etc come from someone talking about their car, the first thing that comes to mind is *cough* ricer *cough* much like talk of 50 trim turbos that permeates YouTube.
I usually hear it more in relation to HD motorcycles... And Stage 1 is usually just bolt-on extraneous stuff that doesn't gain much on it's own - intake, exhaust, maybe an ecu reflash or rejected carbs. The ricercari crowd might I include go-fast stickers, fake Buick portholes and giant wings in stage 1!

Old 04-20-2011, 02:04 PM
5 Year Member
Wow! I go out of town for a few days and this thread just blows up!

Occam, thanks for the pic of the tC - it looks great in white, it shows off the blacked out A pillar really well.

I was out of town visiting some of my car-obsessed buddies, and we did our usual drive around on Sunday morning to all the local car lots. We looked at the tC - I really like that Cement color! Again, I would have gone with the new tC if it wasn't for my need of four doors (and the lack of a rear wiper). We had a non-car obsessed friend with us who is looking to replace his aging Mazda 3, and I tried to talk him into the tC, but he's not sold on the looks. What we did sell him on was the new Kia Forte 5 - that's a really sharp car for under $20K!

I got to spend some quality time with the Juke, and I now have over 700miles on it. I'm getting used to the "bigger" dimensions, even though it's not bigger than the Fit, it still feels that way. I really do like riding a little higher up. Still, the steering isn't as tight as the Fit's - the Juke is still fun to drive, but it's not as sharp in the corners as the Fit. BUT when that turbo kicks in, WOW.

All in all, I'm really happy with my decision to get the Juke, but if the day came and I needed to buy a used small car for hauling stuff and still fun to drive, I'd buy a 2009-2011 Fit Sport all over again.

And thanks for pointing out the dimensions of the Fit vs the Juke - they fit into the same spot in our garage, the Juke is just a little bit higher, that's all. My other half just went from a Ford Escape to a Kia Soul - now that's a big difference!

Old 04-20-2011, 04:31 PM
I like the shape, like back view, like the interior, like the mecanic of this car BUT I really hate the front end of this car!! What's the point of the top mounted flashers and fake fog lights??

Old 04-20-2011, 08:33 PM
Originally Posted by cduchar
I like the shape, like back view, like the interior, like the mecanic of this car BUT I really hate the front end of this car!! What's the point of the top mounted flashers and fake fog lights??
Wait... are the foglights fake? The SL model is listed as including Fog Lights... do they put the lenses on the others for appearance sake?

I've never understood the Fog Light thing, at least on cars where they can't be operated independently. I kept them turned off on my Fit, since they didn't really do much... otherwise, I've never had a car with them.

The rear ones make sense, but most US cars don't have them.

Last edited by Occam; 04-20-2011 at 08:36 PM.
Old 04-20-2011, 09:01 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Occam
Wait... are the foglights fake? The SL model is listed as including Fog Lights... do they put the lenses on the others for appearance sake?

I've never understood the Fog Light thing, at least on cars where they can't be operated independently. I kept them turned off on my Fit, since they didn't really do much... otherwise, I've never had a car with them.

The rear ones make sense, but most US cars don't have them.
The fog lights are omitted on the S and SV model, so I'm not sure why someone is calling the fog lights fake.

I was actually looking at purchasing this car over my Fit. They are a blast to drive and it has the smoothest CVT out there. Torque Vectoring is also a plus. The main factor of me not getting it was the price, rear headroom, and overall cargo space. A really fun car to drive though!

Old 04-20-2011, 11:34 PM
5 Year Member
The top set of lights, unofficially called the "gator eyes", are the parking lamps and turn signals.

The middle set, the big round ones, are the headlights.

The lower set, the smaller round ones that are standard on the SL and optional on the SV and S (I got them, won't live without them) are the foglights. I use them all the time as they help illuminate the road better, especially to the sides of the vehicle.

I wish we had the rear foglight, we have the spot for it, there's just nothing there..