Other Car Related Discussions Discuss all other cars here.

What would you do?

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2011, 02:56 PM
What would you do?

I have been *thinking* about what I would trade the Fit in for, if I ever did. And I found that I am pretty much leaning towards the genesis coupe 2.0t, i like the idea of a rwd, factory-turbo car. obviously it would be a little more expensive, say around $3-5k (used) more than the Fit. but its just a hypothetical.

So I ask, if you were to trade your Fit in for another car, and were to stay within a reasonable budget (no trading for M3's or ZR1's lol).... what would you get? Something faster? BETTER mpg? More space? Better handling?

Old 08-10-2011, 03:03 PM
5 Year Member
Chances are you'll probably get the same answers from those that posted on this thread: https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/othe...ml#post1021354

Old 08-10-2011, 04:12 PM
holy crap... its like the exact same effing thing. awesome. dont i feel smart lol

Old 08-10-2011, 04:53 PM
Originally Posted by SSMTEN

So I ask, if you were to trade your Fit in for another car, and were to stay within a reasonable budget (no trading for M3's or ZR1's lol).... what would you get? Something faster? BETTER mpg? More space? Better handling?
Honda CR-V

Old 08-10-2011, 05:03 PM
5 Year Member
fast
reliable
affordable

pick two.

Old 08-10-2011, 09:41 PM
im driving reliable+affordable.

now i want fast+affordable lol

Old 08-10-2011, 09:44 PM
5 Year Member
I'm liking that Genesis coupe too. There is a guy at work with one. He loves it.

Old 08-10-2011, 11:30 PM
5 Year Member
Si sedan - meets fast, affordable and reliable. But not RWD, which is not an option for an all season daily driver here. Cheaper than the Speed3/WRX and such.

Old 08-10-2011, 11:34 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by neteng101
Si sedan - meets fast, affordable and reliable. But not RWD, which is not an option for an all season daily driver here. Cheaper than the Speed3/WRX and such.
You'd be better off with an RSX Type-S. Faster, nicer, affordable since you can only get a used one now.

Old 08-11-2011, 12:30 AM
I sat in a Genesis today - I love the car! Dad has a hankerin' for one (currently drives an Accord EX-L Coupe), and wanted to sit in one, and looking at car-lots while I'm visiting in town is an old tradition for us. The interior is fantastic, and it has an incredible amount of front leg room... more than my tC in fact, which surprised me. The car feels very solid and well made, and was a Consumer Reports recommended model.

I'd briefly considered one when I bought the tC, but I have two kids that live with me part time - they are getting taller every year and need a functional back seat.

Old 08-11-2011, 08:56 AM
Originally Posted by Occam
I sat in a Genesis today - I love the car! Dad has a hankerin' for one (currently drives an Accord EX-L Coupe), and wanted to sit in one, and looking at car-lots while I'm visiting in town is an old tradition for us. The interior is fantastic, and it has an incredible amount of front leg room... more than my tC in fact, which surprised me. The car feels very solid and well made, and was a Consumer Reports recommended model.

I'd briefly considered one when I bought the tC, but I have two kids that live with me part time - they are getting taller every year and need a functional back seat.
ahhhh. you are making my life more difficult. lol decisions decisions.

Old 08-11-2011, 09:17 AM
Originally Posted by Jamy
You'd be better off with an RSX Type-S. Faster, nicer, affordable since you can only get a used one now.
The problem with those is that they appeal almost exclusively to the boy-racer crowd. You can almost guarantee the car has been driven harshly, with it's head beat against the red-line like a meth-addicted prostitute against the headboard. Same with the Scion tC for that matter - there are some cars you have to be wary of on used lots.

In any case, look very carefully at a used sporty car of any sort, not only for signs of wear, but signs of crash damage (missing badges and trip can often = cheap body-shop repairs) and parts that seem under-worn (riced out by some punk playing F&F and then putting stock parts back on before selling it). Either one may not be a deal-breaker, but can play to your advantage when negotiating. Nobody wants to pay premium prices car that a kid has been flogging like an 8th grade hard-on.

Old 08-11-2011, 05:25 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
yah, there's this blue RSX-S that i see frequently driving like an arse on the way to work and he is pretty annoying.

not sure how old the kid is but he's old enough to know better that's for sure.

although im no hyundai fan, between a used RSX-S and a slightly used genesis coupe, i'd take the genesis. it's just a nicer more modern car. and i speak this from experience...RWD FTW. :p

Old 08-11-2011, 06:38 PM
5 Year Member
You jacked my thread! lol
Such a horrible dilemma isn't it?

Old 08-11-2011, 07:23 PM
sorry drock lol. i swear i didnt even notice this thread before i posted. i hate to be insanely cliche but great minds think alike lol.

and yes it is. i love the shit out of my fit, but the gen coupe taunts me so...

Old 08-11-2011, 07:39 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Jamy
Faster? No.
Nicer? No.
Affordable? Not really, an 06 FA5/FG2 is in the same price range as an 04-06 RSX-S. And I don't think an 02/03 with 150k miles is in the same class.

I'd never bother with an RSX. Less fun than the Integra, and Honda hadn't sorted out the new suspension layout, same for the EP3. If you wanted decent neutrality you needed crazy rear spring rates.

With the FA5/FG2 Honda made huge strides forward.

Originally Posted by SSMTEN
sorry drock lol. i swear i didnt even notice this thread before i posted. i hate to be insanely cliche but great minds think alike lol.

and yes it is. i love the shit out of my fit, but the gen coupe taunts me so...
Keep the Fit.

I don't even like GE's but GE > Genesis.

Old 08-11-2011, 08:18 PM
Just got a 2011 FIT SPORT MT, if i could afford it, a CR-V would be nice(as a second car for me) just sold a modified Accord Coupe 6cyl 6spd which almost drove my wife crazy! BTW does anybody know how high the power steering motor sits on the FIT rack and pinion ? Hurricane season is reaching its peak ,and floods are a given.

Old 08-11-2011, 09:26 PM
5 Year Member
I've probably only seen a dozen or so gen coupes ever and every time drool.. I remember seeing the concept drawings thinking to myself I gotta get one of those!
I just love my fit along with the mpg and insurance cost, and I dont know if I want to trade up just yet

Old 08-11-2011, 09:29 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by mike410b
GE > Genesis.
Could you elaborate?

Old 08-11-2011, 10:12 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by drock305
Could you elaborate?
GE will:
Run forever
Cheap to own (maintenance, gas, insurance, payments, etc)
Good in any weather
OUTSTANDING resale

Whereas Genesis:
Hyundai reliability :/
Worse mpg
Higher insurance
higher payments
more expensive to fix
worse in snow
Hyundai resale
AND
It has a turbo tat will need to be rebuilt at some point.

And i bet the Fit (if modded) has better ultimate handling

Quick Reply: What would you do?