Other Car Related Discussions Discuss all other cars here.

Honda Fit last exciting car from Honda?

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2013, 09:36 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by cjecpa
How do you like your Impreza compared to your Fit?
I wonder who your speaking to. While I don't have an impreza, I would consider an impreza sport for the wife. Will wait to see what the 2014 changes bring first.

I did place my order and deposit for on another Subie yesterday.;-)

Old 06-13-2013, 10:46 PM
Originally Posted by Shora
I wonder who your speaking to.
He is speaking directly to the poster above him, who mentioned having bought a '13 Impreza.

Old 06-13-2013, 11:13 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Cutriss
He is speaking directly to the poster above him, who mentioned having bought a '13 Impreza.
Oh my goodness. How did I miss that? I got so distracted by a dealer having 4 BRZs that I didn't even register the rest. I really had no idea.

Old 06-14-2013, 09:18 AM
5 Year Member
The EvilOnE he mention in his post about the 13 Impreza just wonder how it compared to his Fit.

Old 06-14-2013, 10:48 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Shora
No offense to anyone at all and while I even like the front end of the frs more and I hear very often that they handle a bit better in stock form, I cannot drive a scion.
No offense taken here. In fact I agree with you. I would much rather it said Toyota GT-86 instead of Scion FR-S. The Toyota badges are available if you want to rebadge it, and they're all exactly the same size and shape, so it's an easy swap.

Interestingly, nearly every part on the car is stamped Subaru. Toyota mostly did the design work, and Subaru built it.

But in the end, it's just a badge. The important thing as you said is how it makes you feel when you drive it. Right now, I'm grinning ear to ear just like I always did with my Fit, and wishing I lived farther away from the office.

Old 06-14-2013, 07:35 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by cjecpa
The EvilOnE he mention in his post about the 13 Impreza just wonder how it compared to his Fit.
Yeah, I noticed it now too. I'm also hoping he fills us in with details about his new Subie. The Evilone is about as much a gear head as they come so I'm super curious about what he bought and how he feels about it. Especially since I placed an order for a Subie as well, but mine can take up to 3 months to be built and shipped from Japan.

During this wait, I keep thinking if I would have been just as happy with an impreza sport with a manual transmission than the one I ordered.

Too late now. I'm already signed up for a turbo.

Unless Honda really brings out something exciting, I may replace my second Fit, base 2009, with an impreza. Only waiting to see what changes on the 2014 models first.

Poor Honda, after having me as an ecstatic customer ( bought 2 brand new in 3 year span), convinced my older brother to buy an Odyessy and Civic, and convinced my cousin to buy her Pilot (all from the same dealer i used), it looks like I will now be directing them towards Subie.

However, who knows?!?! I haven't even received my vin number yet, let alone had my future Subie bring me the reliability, fun, and joy that the Fits did.

Time will tell. I am not giving up on Honda just yet, but I need to show them with the wallet that they can't forget about those who buy cars because they love cars. I don't care if they focus on blend sedans, so long as they keep their light, peppy, and sporty cars available and on top of the class.

Originally Posted by JeffChap
No offense taken here. In fact I agree with you. I would much rather it said Toyota GT-86 instead of Scion FR-S. The Toyota badges are available if you want to rebadge it, and they're all exactly the same size and shape, so it's an easy swap.

Interestingly, nearly every part on the car is stamped Subaru. Toyota mostly did the design work, and Subaru built it.

But in the end, it's just a badge. The important thing as you said is how it makes you feel when you drive it. Right now, I'm grinning ear to ear just like I always did with my Fit, and wishing I lived farther away from the office.
Oh, I know all about the platform. Remember, I got the bug for it before it was even released and I was climbing the walls begging the local dealers to sell me one of their allocated cars. Zeerrrooo bites. Most didn't even care to take down my contact info. Some attempted to just push me on other models in their line up lol.

In the end, for me, it worked out for the better because back seats are really a must have for me. I like taking long trips and going on adventures with my cars so a decent amount of room is a must. If I was wealthy enough to buy it just as a second car to take when I'm alone or just the wife and I, no doubt i would buy it still. They most likely provide about the same fun in driving experience as a boxster at less than half the initial cost and less maintenance/ upkeep costs.

Old 06-23-2013, 06:40 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by kenchan
the 2012-2013 sport has more differences than wat you mentioned vs the earlier sport, but they are subtle. honestly if you already have a 2009 or 2010, just keep it and dont bother buying a 2012-2013.
Hi Kenchan,

You know I've been looking all over and cannot really find the added features of the 2012/ 2013 Fit Sport over the 2010 Model.

Different Wheels and Deeper Bin near the Center Cup Holders.

I guess VSA is became standard without the Nav as well, but what else?