Other Car Related Discussions Discuss all other cars here.

Tired of waiting...

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2006, 12:03 AM
Tired of waiting...

The manual Sport model close to unobtainable and I can't wait around forever or get d**ked around by a dealer. Since I already have two fuel efficient vehicles (a CRX and a motorcycle) I don't feel too guilty picking up a sweet deal on a gas guzzling 1995 Lexus SC400 to serve as a weekend car. I really do want to own a Fit, but the supply/demand ordeal is just ridiculous. :confused:

I might consider a Fit again if the CRX gives up or gets wrecked at the track. If you see some dude in this black Lexus waving at you, don't be shy!

Old 09-16-2006, 12:09 AM
June 2007 1st Place Fit of the Month Winner
5 Year Member
thats a shame yo...i should feel lucky the FIT came in perfect time for me...s**t i almost was sold on a yaris!!!:cool:

Old 09-16-2006, 12:48 AM
i'm in the same boat! 2.5 months.

and what makes me mad is that i work at a dealership and i see these cars going out and it makes me more and more upset on how long it is taking....

i've gone this far, whats another month or two i keep telling myself :)

Old 09-16-2006, 03:24 AM
Someone that spends his life on FitFreak.net
I got it 4 days after it landed on US soil. I bought it out of impulse and i have no regrets. i went to get my p arents to check out the car, but as we were checking to see what colors are available, every dealer they called, the fit is sold or going to be sold. Some fits were sold beforethey reached on US soil. So right there and then I got the red MT sport. I'm so happy.

But yea, whehter you have the fit or not, the supply is unbelivably low. Didn't give me enough time to think.

Old 09-17-2006, 03:40 AM
technically i didnt have to wait, i placed a bunch of online quotes and a dealer called me in when they had one available. i think its worth the wait though....

Old 09-17-2006, 12:56 PM
Originally Posted by JDMish
i'm in the same boat! 2.5 months.

and what makes me mad is that i work at a dealership and i see these cars going out and it makes me more and more upset on how long it is taking....

i've gone this far, whats another month or two i keep telling myself :)
Im with ya buddy!

Old 10-01-2006, 12:33 AM
5 Year Member
Same story in my area- Hawaii

The story is the same and worse in some areas than in others.

Most big cities with lots of congestion and lots of small cars will have very very high demand for the FIT. Younger drivers lead the scores of people willing to plunk down too much $$$ to be among the first on their block to get a FIT.

Demand is much much lower in some smaller cities or in areas where small cars don't rule. I had some recent success in the midwest with a short one month wait and MSRP prices with a dealership that was repectful and reliable.

Supply is horrible and dealerships cannot be fully blamed on the lack of manual transmissions and lack of base FIT models. I was told the cars arrive from Honda and dealers just sell what comes to them. Pretty passive sales strategy. Never mind ordering a specific color or model or you WILL be waiting unless you were first in line about 5 or 6 months ago or longer.

I think that Honda will loose business due to the long waits and poor supply.
On the flip side the newness of the FIT will wear off and other new models from competitors will arrive and offer better value or shorter waits.

If gas prices jump up then demand will stay very strong, as gas prices drop then there could be some relaxing of demand but supply remains low so I would expect another 6-10 months of strong demand.

Sometimes you just can't be waiting around and you need a car. That's fine but for many FIT owners I think they are happy that they did wait and won't trade it in for another car now that they have the FIT. The long waits and high demand make it even more attractive after the fact.;) :D