VW Golf Wofsburg - Page 47 - Unofficial Honda FIT Forums

Other Car Related Discussions Discuss all other cars here.

VW Golf Wofsburg

Old 01-07-2019, 12:11 AM
Looking forward to your tune review. I think Carista will do what you want. ECS Tuning sells the dongle for $19.99 which gives you one month of use for free.

Old 01-10-2019, 05:45 PM
Originally Posted by ashchuckton View Post
I think Carista will do what you want. ECS Tuning sells the dongle for $19.99 which gives you one month of use for free.
Just ordered some lug nut sockets, a wheel holder tool and Carista from ECS. Got my oil change supplies from them and they are great.

Got my Unitronic software squared away. Was having issues with getting it downloaded because of anti virus software (yay PC) but Unitronic customer service got me all squared away. He remoted into my computer and got me all set up, go Uni!! I wanted to check my timing chain tensioner before installing the flash just to verify it's been updated. Once my new lug nut socket comes in I'll do that. Might install software and take it easy but leaning on the side of caution.

Old 01-11-2019, 03:46 PM
Originally Posted by GolNat View Post
Just ordered some lug nut sockets, a wheel holder tool and Carista from ECS. Got my oil change supplies from them and they are great.

Got my Unitronic software squared away. Was having issues with getting it downloaded because of anti virus software (yay PC) but Unitronic customer service got me all squared away. He remoted into my computer and got me all set up, go Uni!! I wanted to check my timing chain tensioner before installing the flash just to verify it's been updated. Once my new lug nut socket comes in I'll do that. Might install software and take it easy but leaning on the side of caution.
I think you will like Carista. Those little custom tweaks you can do are pretty nice. Also reading codes if need be. ECS used to be total garbage, but they seem to have turned themselves around. FCPeuro is a good place to buy parts. I've not used them, but some friends have & have high praise for them.

I'm pretty sure your 2013 will have the latest tensioner, but I'm not positive. I'll be checking on mine pretty soon. Do it before your tune to be on the safe side. Glad Unitronic could help you with the download. PC's & antivirus software. It's a necessary pain, but one needs it on a Mac too. The days of Macs being immune are over.

Good luck on the software install, I think you'll love it.

FCPeuro

Old 01-15-2019, 12:50 PM
Originally Posted by ashchuckton View Post
Glad to hear your daughter made it back home safe & sound. Now you get to crawl under & search for leaks. Good luck.

Got a call from my son the other night. Seems someone thought it would be a good idea to do a U turn in front of him. His Fit fared better than the KIA Soul he hit. He will need a bumper repaint & alignment. The Soul was hit in both left side doors. The Police came, but didn't cite anyone. The other driver even said it was her fault, but the police basically did nothing. I bet he will have to eat his deductible. He is in LA so I can't help him. Oh man!!!

Just to finish off this story. My son got his Fit back & he says it looks good plus drives well. The other party took full responsibility so he didn't have to pay his deductible. Now he has to get the other insurance to pay for his Fit's diminished value.

Old 01-16-2019, 10:27 AM
Glad that all is well with your son's Fit. I think many plans exclude diminished value these days. Is the quest for additional compensation something that your son will have to do or will his insurance carrier take on the request?

Old 01-16-2019, 12:55 PM
Not sure who will seek the diminished value. His insurance carrier or whether my son will have to chase the other parties insurance for it. I'm not expecting him to succeed, but it is worth a shot.