Other Car Related Discussions Discuss all other cars here.

All the Bad Things About Uber and Lyft In One Simple List

Old 02-06-2019, 04:44 PM
All the Bad Things About Uber and Lyft In One Simple List

Here’s the latest evidence that Uber and Lyft are destroying our world: Students at the University of California Los Angeles are taking an astonishing 11,000 app-based taxi trips every week that begin and end within the boundaries of the campus.

StreetsBlog.org - continues

Old 02-06-2019, 04:51 PM
walking is too hard

Old 02-06-2019, 06:20 PM
That campus is bigger than some cities.. Not too surprised.. I guess..

What I am surprised by is that the university doesn't seem to have its own campus bus route..??

Old 02-06-2019, 06:36 PM
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by evilchargerfan View Post
walking is too hard
LOL! And then there's me...I park 1.4 miles away from campus to save $200/semester because I don't buy a parking pass and also to avoid door dings from "fellow" students.

Old 02-06-2019, 06:40 PM
No lie,, MY 07 fit is used by my daughters for College, poor thing is beat up because of it.. At least a dozen solid dents in the College parking lot..

Old 02-07-2019, 09:57 AM
No one takes advantage of all the e-scooters laying around? They are super mindful.

Old 02-07-2019, 01:23 PM
Originally Posted by dwtaylorpdx View Post
That campus is bigger than some cities.. Not too surprised.. I guess..

What I am surprised by is that the university doesn't seem to have its own campus bus route..??
Actually USC does have their own bus system - Info

Old 02-07-2019, 01:39 PM
Really I'm surprised that it's not very heavily relied on bicycles for many to get around with. Even if students lived way off campus, many could use the bicycle as the last mile, or even as their main transportation. Some could even use the city subway system and/or bikes and get around quite well.

The terrain is pretty much flat as a pancake and the infrastructure is not bad. The school is pretty condensed too. I'm thinking the hardest part of the students is getting to school and back. The rest of trips should be easier, cheaper, and I'm betting faster. I always looked at door to door times involved when I was going to school. I lived almost 6 miles away from school and by fair my best times were with my bicycle. A second was with public transportation. Third was with my car. Parking was awful and a loooooooooong walk to class.

I never got around to mentioning that it's pretty much summer year around there. Not even that much rain there.

Old 02-07-2019, 05:47 PM
Originally Posted by User1 View Post
Really I'm surprised that it's not very heavily relied on bicycles for many to get around with. Even if students lived way off campus, many could use the bicycle as the last mile, or even as their main transportation. Some could even use the city subway system and/or bikes and get around quite well.

The terrain is pretty much flat as a pancake and the infrastructure is not bad. The school is pretty condensed too. I'm thinking the hardest part of the students is getting to school and back. The rest of trips should be easier, cheaper, and I'm betting faster. I always looked at door to door times involved when I was going to school. I lived almost 6 miles away from school and by fair my best times were with my bicycle. A second was with public transportation. Third was with my car. Parking was awful and a loooooooooong walk to class.

I never got around to mentioning that it's pretty much summer year around there. Not even that much rain there.
Ah, but when we have a light sprinkle, it is armageddon here.

UC Davis, and the city of Davis, now that is a city where you could most definitely travel by bicycle.

Old 02-08-2019, 03:26 PM
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by marmaladedad View Post
No one takes advantage of all the e-scooters laying around? They are super mindful.
I don't mind the walk to be honest; I like to reflect on my thoughts during that time and it's also (free) exercise.