Racing A place to discuss upcoming and past Fit racing events.

JCrim's Road Racing Thread - Stay Tuned!

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2012, 10:55 AM
That does not look forgiving to anything prone to understeer/push and lift throttle snap oversteer lol

Have fun J, get some video!

Any chance someone on the sidelines can get a sound clip of that fancified exhaust you got now?

Old 03-22-2012, 11:05 AM
Originally Posted by DiamondStarMonsters
That does not look forgiving to anything prone to understeer/push and lift throttle snap oversteer lol

Any chance someone on the sidelines can get a sound clip of that fancified exhaust you got now?
Thats a good idea...vid of the car...

Old 03-22-2012, 11:17 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by DiamondStarMonsters

haha thanks!

I'm going for top gear video quality this event. Got 5 GoPros. My IQ3 also records live data. so it will be an awesome picture in picture of the car, the driver, the inside view, and then my data from my IQ3. i will also put a mic next to the muffler to grab the sound from it to keep it roaring! I will also take my time producing this video to get the best possible video ever. lol will be epic i assure!

Old 03-22-2012, 11:21 AM
Now I just need some popcorn.

Old 03-22-2012, 12:28 PM
5 Year Member
O shi dat vid.

Old 03-22-2012, 12:37 PM
Originally Posted by JCrimson
haha thanks!

I'm going for top gear video quality this event. Got 5 GoPros. My IQ3 also records live data. so it will be an awesome picture in picture of the car, the driver, the inside view, and then my data from my IQ3. i will also put a mic next to the muffler to grab the sound from it to keep it roaring! I will also take my time producing this video to get the best possible video ever. lol will be epic i assure!
REP THE TOP GEAR!!! And i didnt realize you had 5 go pro's...DANG!!! This is going to be epic

Old 03-22-2012, 02:37 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by dled1286
REP THE TOP GEAR!!! And i didnt realize you had 5 go pro's...DANG!!! This is going to be epic
its going to be lilke YouTube's "Life in a Day" but "Road Race in a Day" haha

Old 03-22-2012, 03:19 PM

This section looks simple on the map but difficult in my head in an imaginary cockpit haha. Running the whole course? CW or CCW?

Good luck, look forward to the video

Old 03-22-2012, 03:21 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Wanderer.

This section looks simple on the map but difficult in my head in an imaginary cockpit haha. Running the whole course? CW or CCW?

Good luck, look forward to the video
that part your circled is down hill, super fast, and along the edge of a steep hill/ cliff ... scary as hell.

Old 03-22-2012, 03:31 PM
that part your circled is down hill, super fast, and along the edge of a steep hill/ cliff ... scary as hell.
Oh that makes it even worse haha, I was thinking CW that turn on the far right of the circle would be difficult to set up, but I guess you can go straight through... I would think if you didn't lift you'd go off, it looks deceptive.

Old 03-22-2012, 07:56 PM
5 Year Member
I just picked up a new mic for my internal GoPro and this mount. Just want some better audio for vids, have yet to try it out, as I just received it yesterday.

Please see Hot-Topic for my comments for your coming event.

Old 03-28-2012, 10:21 AM
5 Year Member
Just wanted to post here and let you guys know how it went. It didn't for me. I got half way to cresson, texas and the car was running at 213°. I went home and dropped off my car and then me and my gf ventured to the track to meet up with everyone else that was racing. I was a cheerleader all weekend but still had a blast! It's so incredibly nice to get away and be stress free. camping was epic as usual and great friends. lot of lulz.

Monday I replaced my KTuned thermostat housing with a brand new oem honda one. Car runs great at 185°-188° and cools it self properly. lower hose gets hot like its supposed to and thermostat opens. . .

I will be going to Texas World Speedway very soon. Gotta cure the itch!

Old 03-28-2012, 11:32 AM
Super Moderator
Bumper about the car, hope the OEM thermostat works better then the Ktuned one for you

Old 03-28-2012, 08:29 PM
5 Year Member
Was there a skate-off on circuit as well?

Old 03-28-2012, 08:32 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by 555sexydrive
Was there a skate-off on circuit as well?
haha no but funny you say that. after the track closes at 5pm, sense we camp on the track, its all ours! we turned our trailors into a skate park, and skated the track too LOL!!!!!!!!!!

Old 04-09-2012, 03:36 PM
5 Year Member
Over the weekend I have recieved the complete brake upgrade from FastBrakes. I went with the Acura Integra Type R front and rear disc conversion. I also have a set of carbotech brake pads for them and I chose the slotted and dimpled rotors from fastbrakes. THESE THINGS ARE HUGE!!! but they WILL clear my 15" wheels. I think it will be perfect. also got steel lines and all that goodness. haha more to come!

I drove her to work this morning. Man I love my car.

Old 04-09-2012, 04:21 PM
5 Year Member
Over the weekend I have recieved the complete brake upgrade from FastBrakes. I went with the Acura Integra Type R front and rear disc conversion. I also have a set of carbotech brake pads for them and I chose the slotted and dimpled rotors from fastbrakes. THESE THINGS ARE HUGE!!! but they WILL clear my 15" wheels. I think it will be perfect. also got steel lines and all that goodness. haha more to come!

I drove her to work this morning. Man I love my car.
Very nice, thing is going to brake like crazy.

Old 04-09-2012, 05:26 PM
5 Year Member
that couldn't have been cheap...

what is it that you like about the carbotech pads?

Old 04-09-2012, 05:39 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by apexanimal
that couldn't have been cheap...

what is it that you like about the carbotech pads?
to be honest, the price was great! an all around big break kit/ rear disc conversion/ with oem honda parts. HELL YEAH! excellent choice.

this will be my first time using carbotech. 2 of my buddies who road race love them and moved up from hawk hp pluses to them as they have acquired more power. I will give you guys a review when I test out carbotech myself. so far really all Ive done is research so I really don't have a personal opinion. they are pricy but I think it will be in favor.

Old 04-09-2012, 06:31 PM
5 Year Member
I can't afford to play with guys like you, or handle the G forces... I get dizzy if I stand up too quickly... Youth is wasted on young guys that don't appreciate it until it's all used up.... Be careful and don't use it all up.

Quick Reply: JCrim's Road Racing Thread - Stay Tuned!