2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

What did you do to your GE fit today?

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2016, 01:34 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by BMW ALPINA
Hi Mr.Hollow,

Thanks for your kind compliments,
Personally, it looks even better in real world, my iPhone camera just could not catch the whole color nuance and depth and contrast from factory Taffeta white at the fender to the semi matte white carbon fiber (dry carbon look), to the JDP black shiny carbon fiber finish behind the vent and the metallic emblem with Red lettering...

I also must wrote a recommendation to the installer,
Don Nguyen, he is located in Anaheim,
his website is Home

He is super friendly young guy who had been doing this for the past 8 or 9 years. He gave me some honest advice over email, and he also a car enthusiast. I think his price is reasonable too.
He told me that he did do wrap for several fitfreak member in the past,
but lately not much business from fit owner...

Here are the close up pictures that you requested:
Thanks for the info, the cut lines are really clean. Your installer did a very good job. Thanks for taking the close ups!!

Old 09-25-2016, 10:25 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by connor55
Took some pictures while mowing the grass with the fit

Connor you fit is awesome man. Great shots. I like your ride height and really wishing I had the funds for a RS rear end. Did you have to get a different muffler to fit the JDM rear bumper?

Hi FirebladeFit,

I had the JDP Vented Carbon Fiber Hood WRAP with 3M 1080 CF White Carbon Fiber today,
as promised, I took some pictures,
and I post it at this links below:

https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/2nd-...ml#post1355093

and later I add "FINAL EDITION" Emblem here:
https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/2nd-...ml#post1355098

Sneak Preview
Alpina that looks amazing my friend. The contrast of the white over black is fantastic. My only complaint is the emblem is not my style. I understand the meaning but I just feel its visually out of place to me. Other than that you car is always a stunning piece of Fit history

Old 09-25-2016, 11:32 AM
5 Year Member
Thanks shinjari! It only looks low because of the grass lol. I wish it always looked that low. I cant wait to get the matching front to go with that rear, parts are arriving in a month or so
And no i just used the stock exhaust and put a s2k tip on like what alpina did before he got a different exhaust.

Old 09-25-2016, 11:54 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by FirebladeFit
Man, I like it. Not sure if I like it more than the black on mine since I don't have a vent to offset all the white, but I like it on yours with the black vent.
Hi FirebladeFit,
If you are looking for the high contrast black carbon fiber hood against your car color look, then the black carbon fiber vinyl wrap will be ideal,

For me (personally) the black carbon fiber looks , looks nice if you see it from close distance because you can see the Carbon Fiber Weave,
but if you are looking from far away, it's look like the hood is just being painted with black primer and not finished through the paint process
but that is just me...
now if you have a black car, then the black carbon fiber will match perfectly...
That is why I wrap it in white color... but since the regular glossy vinyl white wrap will not match the rest of the car body color anyway,
so I just go with the slightly matte carbon fiber wrap to provide a slight bit of contrast... from far away it still look match now

Originally Posted by Mr.Hollow
Thanks for the info, the cut lines are really clean. Your installer did a very good job. Thanks for taking the close ups!!
Thanks Mr. Hollow,
hmmm... I wonder what do you up to do next to your car with vinyl, would you mind sharing it here?

Originally Posted by shinjari
Connor you fit is awesome man. Great shots. I like your ride height and really wishing I had the funds for a RS rear end. Did you have to get a different muffler to fit the JDM rear bumper?
Alpina that looks amazing my friend. The contrast of the white over black is fantastic. My only complaint is the emblem is not my style. I understand the meaning but I just feel its visually out of place to me. Other than that you car is always a stunning piece of Fit history
Hi Shinjari, if your car is Honda Fit SPORT model, the S2000 AP2 (make sure it is AP2 since it is larger and looks better), will fit BOLT ON to the stock OEM muffler, just unscrew the bolt and put it back. I had that S2000 AP2 exhaust tips since a while back. Even my custom exhaust (my current muffler is from a 2 generation ago Civic Si), is still using the same S2000 AP2 (it is welded now though)...

That emblem might not be popular here , most likely because we know it came from a Mitsubishi EVO OEM emblem...
but sssshhhhh (in whispering voice),
please kindly pretend you don't know I steal it (steal the idea not physically stealing it) from an EVO and it is just a regular sticker/emblem that people sell on eBay... and hopefully it is ok

Old 09-25-2016, 01:06 PM
5 Year Member
Thanks for the tip on the tip...lol.

My tanabe medallion is arriving Tuesday so I doubt a RS rear end is in store for me any time in the near/distant future. The "boss" would never approve such an upgrade especially with all the traveling we want to get done in 2017 lol.

I may have to wrap my hood in black or maybe red carbon just to hide all the chips. Just worried about how the paint will be when I get the wrap removed. I've heard bad things...maybe thats due to cheap vinyl.

Old 09-25-2016, 10:52 PM
5 Year Member
Got the Clazzio's installed this weekend! Also had to plug a hole in the tire caused by a bolt that happened to be right in front of my FP tire in my apartment complex parking lot... someone better not have done that on purpose. Anyways, love the new seat covers! Definitely adds a luxurious touch to the Fit and feels much more comfortable.

Attached Thumbnails What did you do to your GE fit today?-80-image_55e6bbfc15a70a4ac6b5a0160d7ecf7e77cf01d5.jpeg   What did you do to your GE fit today?-80-image_c858eea75cb4cb95620682be92374855ff23e94d.jpeg  
Old 09-26-2016, 11:06 AM
5 Year Member
Thanks shinjari! It only looks low because of the grass lol. I wish it always looked that low. I cant wait to get the matching front to go with that rear, parts are arriving in a month or so
And no i just used the stock exhaust and put a s2k tip on like what alpina did before he got a different exhaust.
I'm more talking about your wheel wells, not ground clearance but I know what you mean. The grass definitely makes it seem like its super low

Old 09-26-2016, 02:11 PM
5 Year Member
I see what you mean. Its not normally that low either, because the ground was uneven and caused it to push that passenger side rear wheel in. If you look at the other side picture the gap is much larger. On flat ground the gap is somewhere in between the two different wheel gaps.

Good and bad news, today i found a gash/dent about 4cm long in the rear door well beside where the door latches onto. Something must have gotten slammed in the door a while ago. Covered it with touch up paint and fortunately the dent is only visible with the door open and if you really look for it.

Good news is i just ordered the front and rear RS emblems *genuine* for 70 usd shipped.

Old 09-26-2016, 11:24 PM
5 Year Member
A couple of pics at yesterday's autoX. It was so Hot!!

Next to a Dodge Viper ACR! That thing was bred for the track.

Attached Thumbnails What did you do to your GE fit today?-hqgy0yvl.jpg   What did you do to your GE fit today?-dsk12w8l.jpg  
Old 09-27-2016, 09:47 AM
5 Year Member
Did you show that Viper whos boss? =)

Old 09-27-2016, 06:41 PM
Replaced my brake pads and brake fluid today. Also received a set of front aries floor mats under warranty.

Old 09-27-2016, 10:56 PM
5 Year Member
Hi Mr.Hollow,

Thanks for your kind compliments,
Personally, it looks even better in real world, my iPhone camera just could not catch the whole color nuance and depth and contrast from factory Taffeta white at the fender to the semi matte white carbon fiber (dry carbon look), to the JDP black shiny carbon fiber finish behind the vent and the metallic emblem with Red lettering...

I also must wrote a recommendation to the installer,
Don Nguyen, he is located in Anaheim,
his website is Home

He is super friendly young guy who had been doing this for the past 8 or 9 years. He gave me some honest advice over email, and he also a car enthusiast. I think his price is reasonable too.
He told me that he did do wrap for several fitfreak member in the past,
but lately not much business from fit owner...

Here are the close up pictures that you requested:

Looks good! After I told my friend about your car, he recognized it right away and showed me a link to your post. It shows that the last time I logged in on this forum was in 2013. Glad you are enjoying the vinyl wrap that I did for your car. It was also nice talking to you about Porsche afterwards. Funny how we both owned the same generation of Porsche, just 10 years apart from each other, haha.

Last edited by Don Nguyen; 09-27-2016 at 11:12 PM.
Old 09-27-2016, 11:11 PM
5 Year Member
Did you show that Viper whos boss? =)
Of course, he could barely keep it in a straight line.

So I asked the Viper guy "So does that thing come with a Sport mode?"

He said " No, it doesn't need one"

I just laughed. Haha poor guy doesn't even have a sport mode. I bet he even has to shift with his whole arm, instead of awesome flappy paddle shifters.

Old 09-28-2016, 07:22 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Don Nguyen
Looks good! After I told my friend about your car, he recognized it right away and showed me a link to your post. It shows that the last time I logged in on this forum was in 2013. Glad you are enjoying the vinyl wrap that I did for your car. It was also nice talking to you about Porsche afterwards. Funny how we both owned the same generation of Porsche, just 10 years apart from each other, haha.
Hi Don,
wow, glad to see that you are actually fitfreak member too
I will always looks for you, next time I had more wrap to do...
considering wrapping my door panel...

Old 09-30-2016, 07:10 PM
5 Year Member
Received my lucky number jdm plates today !

Attached Thumbnails What did you do to your GE fit today?-80-2b0659b8_2f31_4e52_8ae3_2e5a33701d9f_3e64d1dfda20ec72b05c0b0a5b3f8ee82b154ef7.jpg  
Old 09-30-2016, 09:55 PM
5 Year Member

Attached Thumbnails What did you do to your GE fit today?-80-img_2039_e2f4db69a4db970deb9e8ff167993d2a2e7fe803.jpg   What did you do to your GE fit today?-80-img_2042_9be6f37f35b7fd4da16e51fdbba80de0ddc7f797.jpg  
Old 09-30-2016, 10:28 PM
5 Year Member
Nice! You selling the old unit?

Old 10-01-2016, 11:20 AM
5 Year Member
Nice! I really enjoy my pioneer. Sometimes the touch screen doesnt work/respond....maybe once every 20 times I drive. The head unit is 3 years old and unsure if the previous owner took care of it well at all. Do enjoy the bluetooth audio and he bypassed the parking brake so passengers can attempt to watch video on the tiny screen lol. Not to mention it has an SD card slot so I have 32gb of music available at any time =)

Old 10-01-2016, 12:10 PM
5 Year Member
Nice! You selling the old unit?
I am giving it to a friend! Its a pretty good unit, but its older so it doesn't have spotify control abilities or bluetooth music streaming abilities at all, but it does have BT phone!

Nice! I really enjoy my pioneer. Sometimes the touch screen doesnt work/respond....maybe once every 20 times I drive. The head unit is 3 years old and unsure if the previous owner took care of it well at all. Do enjoy the bluetooth audio and he bypassed the parking brake so passengers can attempt to watch video on the tiny screen lol. Not to mention it has an SD card slot so I have 32gb of music available at any time =)
This is my first time with pioneer!! idk why i never went with them before really!!! hehe I am like you, I got this thing entirely for the BT music abilities, and i went ahead and installed that bypass right off the bat! best decision of my life.

Old 10-01-2016, 02:30 PM
5 Year Member
Speaking of stereo stuff, I got my speakers fixed. The first three installers didn't believe me that there was some kind of interference coming from one of the tweeters. Fourth one sat in the driver's seat and went "Oh. I hear it." two hours later, they moved a wire and it's gone.

My top tip: Get interference noise fixed *BEFORE* you go on a road trip. Almost went nuts driving for so long with that sound in my ear.

Quick Reply: What did you do to your GE fit today?