Site Feedback and Suggestions If you have any suggestions or want to see something voice your opinion in here.

Added info for newbies.

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2008, 06:20 PM
Added info for newbies.

I was just wondering if there was some way that we could include in the signup form for the site a tutorial on how to use the site to include but not limit, searching old threads instead of starting new ones/working the search feature or tag feature, reputation how to give and why, where to post new threads so they dont have to be moved all the time, and the forum rules. I know that many will agree that the majority of the newbies are just starting new threads of the same old topics without searching first, initiating threads wherever they please, and the reputation feature (imo is a great tool to show that people know what they are talking about) that doesnt seem to be used anymore. I know it may be a pain to get that all set up but is maybe worth a shot so that we can clean up all the craziness that happens and lighten the load on the Mods/Admin. Its an idea. Maybe not the best idea but an idea of how to help everyone out in the long run. Anyone else agree or am i on my own with this? Thanks in advance.

Joshua

Old 02-11-2008, 06:47 PM
^^Agreed.

Old 02-12-2008, 01:07 AM
Well I'm game!
(easy for me to say though, as I have no reall part in the change itself)

seriously though....would it be possible to make it like a fail safe like feature? So if you were new( whatever that entails) you would automatically be directed to it.
(and it should probably be locked for posting huh?)

jdjohnson9, I really dig what your saying...I think some might say that those are "kinda" in place already. If that is the case and it is widely aknowledged as such maybe a revision of sorts indeed.

Old 02-12-2008, 01:20 AM
Im not gonna lie when i was a newbie i did all the wrong that is now bothering me, and im sure bothered all the senior members then, but now that it is in perspective maybe we can find a new solution to fix it so that it isnt a forever losing game. Also the new thing were senior members are saying "sorry if this is an old topic but im to lazy to search" is on an uprise imo aswell and that really shouldnt happen. Im just looking at leveling the playing field so that everyone can chat and have fun without wanting to slam there head into there computer desk because they have already read 3 or 4 topics on what was just said. Im not mad or anything just want to see if we can make the forum better for everyones viewing pleasure to include the older members that dont want to continue saying search. Its not a big deal just makes sense to me to try to fix and adjust a bit to make the forum a bit smoother.

Joshua

Old 02-12-2008, 03:41 AM
Banned
Never going to happen until the mods start doing their job and move posts and consolidate posts so there is one maybe two threads on the same subject not 15 magic seat posts or 10 sloshing gas noise posts or ..... what ever the subject.

Noobies are so lazy they only want the answer to their question never mind that it is a giant sticky the first post in the section they have a question about but "I have done a search and can't find it"..... my ass.

So unless or until the mods actually become mods and not Afraid to change things because "some of the people won't like me" it's going to continue to be the mess that it has become.

And yea you people don't like me keep saying to SEARCH well guess what if the mods were doing THEIR JOB I WOULDN'T HAVE TO DO IT FOR THEM. That is what the MERGE button is for, you take the new questions about the same old subject and MERGE THEM.

Old 02-12-2008, 04:31 AM
Hey Claymore werent you a mod before? I cant remember but i thought that you were. I cant tell who the mods are anymore cause it seems like everyday there is a new one or someone isnt anymore. Its too hard to keep track so i gave up.

Old 02-12-2008, 10:17 AM
Banned
Yes I was a mod for a long time that's why it's in my blood to yell at non-searchers.

Old 02-12-2008, 12:26 PM
Retired Moderator
Originally Posted by claymore
Never going to happen until the mods start doing their job and move posts and consolidate posts so there is one maybe two threads on the same subject not 15 magic seat posts or 10 sloshing gas noise posts or ..... what ever the subject.

Noobies are so lazy they only want the answer to their question never mind that it is a giant sticky the first post in the section they have a question about but "I have done a search and can't find it"..... my ass.

So unless or until the mods actually become mods and not Afraid to change things because "some of the people won't like me" it's going to continue to be the mess that it has become.

And yea you people don't like me keep saying to SEARCH well guess what if the mods were doing THEIR JOB I WOULDN'T HAVE TO DO IT FOR THEM. That is what the MERGE button is for, you take the new questions about the same old subject and MERGE THEM.
Im soo sick of you direspecting the way us mods do our thing. We DO are fricken job and if we werent then dont you think a Admin would be telling us to do diffrent. Keep your smart ass comments to your self mr Know it all Claymore.
Theres a reason your not a mod anymore.

Old 02-12-2008, 01:05 PM
I run THIS
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by claymore

MOST of the threads u report have nothing wrong with them. Maybe u shouldnt have "resigned" as a mod.

Old 02-12-2008, 01:47 PM
The initial suggestion is a good idea. We should probably be able to do something with that. And to straddle the fence both Claymore and our current mods have valid points. However, I am going to close this before it gets out of hand.