Site Feedback and Suggestions If you have any suggestions or want to see something voice your opinion in here.
View Poll Results: Should FitFreak reorganize?
Yes, it needs a major reorganization
43.08%
Yes, it needs a minor reorganization
30.77%
No, it's fine just the way it is
26.15%
Voters: 65. You may not vote on this poll

Need for re-organization before it gets out of control

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2009, 02:21 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by umop-apisdn
Lot of thinly veiled GE bashing in this thread...
Yea, which doesn't make sense. Eventually the second generation will outnumber the first and then the first generation owners will complain that their content is lost in the mix.
Not to mention that (serious) model-specific animosity is ridiculously childish when it gets in the way of helping people.
The bias is to be expected of course, because the site was started by owners of the first generation car well before the second generation existed.

Old 08-31-2009, 10:42 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by mike2100
Yea, which doesn't make sense. Eventually the second generation will outnumber the first and then the first generation owners will complain that their content is lost in the mix.
Not to mention that (serious) model-specific animosity is ridiculously childish when it gets in the way of helping people.
The bias is to be expected of course, because the site was started by owners of the first generation car........
All true Mike, 50% is not good enough, but it is better than nothing.
+ my GE comment was intended as 100% humor, I like my GE a lot.
And like you say, in the next year the GE will about overtake GD in sales with prolly another 2 years maybe more left in the gen cycle before 3rd gen comes out. So it is just a matter of time before the tide has turned and GD owners start having a rough time finding their info

You have to sell Chris on this or I suppose at some point an admin here will be a GE owner who sees the need and puts in the effort.

More on selling the idea....this is another IB owned forum, look at how they organized it. They did it with better use of stickies. Might be a way to do it here and achieve the goal and the forum will not have a radically different look which may be what Chris is trying to avoid.
Still, hours of work involved to do something like this........
http://forums.maxima.org/5th-generat...a-2000-2003-7/

Old 08-31-2009, 10:50 PM
Banned
^i like that idea.......except for the rise of GE's!!!!!! haha i had to

Old 09-01-2009, 01:07 AM
Why so serious?
5 Year Member
Tork, please be assured that the changes and possible additions for the GEx sub-forums, is being actively discussed amongst the entire administration team.

Please, rest assured that the needs of the forum are being addressed. We will take the steps needed to ensure that the community can continue to grow and prosper. And you will be able to turn to this forum to find the information you need, without the confusion and BS.

As the newest admin, I am trying to bring a infusion of energy and excitement to the forum. I want to be able to hear the members desires, and after discussing among the the entire admin team, the needed additions/changes will be made.

Think about it.... this forum is for the members, not so the admin team can have fun. If we don't cater to what the members want and need, then they will go somewhere else to find it.

Old 09-28-2009, 12:59 PM
5 Year Member
thanks for the new change with the subs

Old 09-28-2009, 09:28 PM
5 Year Member
It's only a matter of time before the GE guys take over. Which is fine, But considering that there are more sol over a longer period of time, it is inevitable. I don't care one way or another. As long as the us GD folks have a place to go with our limited edition vehicles I'm fine

Old 09-30-2009, 02:53 PM
5 Year Member
Superb and excellent job on the 2nd gen sub forums! Kudo's for the hard work and classy way it was accomplished.

Originally Posted by Stevens24
It's only a matter of time before the GE guys take over. Which is fine, But considering that there are more sol over a longer period of time, it is inevitable. I don't care one way or another. As long as the us GD folks have a place to go with our limited edition vehicles I'm fine
Umm, I am not for any kind of take over. Just think the important thing is FF remains a decent place to hang out and organized enough so that folks can find and contribute info without a lot of hassle.

Old 09-30-2009, 03:07 PM
5 Year Member
Sounds good, so the GE owners can go start their own web site and leave us alone????

Old 10-20-2009, 09:53 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by mike2100
Can we get GD and GE sections with appropriate sub-forums?

The stickies on the GE forum are getting out of control. It's no fun scrolling down past a bunch of stickies before I get to some new/real threads.

I propose the following for sub-forums (these are just basic ideas and can be tweaked):

I understand there are quite a few sub-forums already. I also understand there may be a desire to keep a sense of community, which is why GD (1st gen) and GE (2nd gen) content is mixed together. But the bottom line is, if I only own one car then wading through content designed for the other car wastes a lot of time.
I agree for the most part. Primarily two things...
  • the Stickies are totally out of control. you shouldn't have to scroll down an entire page see the first new post. If there is information that needs to be put out there for a short period of time, that's one thing but if there is A LOT of info that you want posted, it needs to be organized and not just thrown at the top. either that or the stickies should be made "hideable" but I highly doubt this is even possible. grouping them in their own location with a single "sticky" link at the top seems more logical to me. (the GD/GE debate one needs to go too.)
  • The forum still has a GD overtone with the GE as a sub-thought with these new GE subsections. This is where I think we need a subforum for GD and Sub for GE. I disagree with some of the suggestions above like the classifieds and think the ICE actually should be re-combined as there is little differentiation between GE & GD when it comes to audio and electronics.

Originally Posted by JDMchris.com
How about we just get rid of 2nd gen fits? problem solved! lol jk. Anywho Personally it annoys me when there are forums within a forum. If there were 4+ gens of Fits then I can see doing this... But not even Honda tech does this. Using the SEARCH function is key when specifically searching for something. I know for a fact that if I dont own a GE i will NEVER visit that side of the forum which is a shame because maybe i can answer someones question. I know others are this way as well. Also it allows others to learn as well. It is being discussed currently.
It's a shame that you wouldn't visit GE forums but it would be a choice that you'd make. I do think that the Mods need to think about years from now when 3rd and 4th Gen FITs are actually here and prepping for it now makes sense.

Originally Posted by Tork
All true Mike, 50% is not good enough, but it is better than nothing.
+ my GE comment was intended as 100% humor, I like my GE a lot.
And like you say, in the next year the GE will about overtake GD in sales with prolly another 2 years maybe more left in the gen cycle before 3rd gen comes out. So it is just a matter of time before the tide has turned and GD owners start having a rough time finding their info

You have to sell Chris on this or I suppose at some point an admin here will be a GE owner who sees the need and puts in the effort.

More on selling the idea....this is another IB owned forum, look at how they organized it. They did it with better use of stickies. Might be a way to do it here and achieve the goal and the forum will not have a radically different look which may be what Chris is trying to avoid.
Still, hours of work involved to do something like this........
http://forums.maxima.org/5th-generat...a-2000-2003-7/
This is where I disagree. 50% is not better than nothing. It ends up being alot of time essentially wasted to make some thing that is even less user friendly for the majority. Attempting to get everyone currently here, let alone NEW members to add in GE/GD when most don't even know what GE/GD stands for is an exercise in futility. I would not want to Mod that forum.

I think there needs to be a separation of GD & GE for ease of use. I'd still visit the GD forums if I felt there was something I could contribute to. I'm still on the Integra and Altima boards as well.

~SB

Old 10-21-2009, 12:30 AM
5 Year Member
I'm glad someone said it. I didn't want to be the "complaining guy." The GE specific forums are kind of silly. It's a first step from a moderator's perspective; at least now they can play damage control and start separating the posts. But now it's time to get serious about the organization.

www.rx8club.com for an example of good organization

Old 10-21-2009, 01:08 PM
5 Year Member
how about just adding a drop down menu when you post a thread where you HAVE TO choose which gen. fit you are posting about, they all share the same forums but you can filter in and out which generation you want to look at. That would be ideal?

Old 10-21-2009, 01:59 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by secondspassed
how about just adding a drop down menu when you post a thread where you HAVE TO choose which gen. fit you are posting about, they all share the same forums but you can filter in and out which generation you want to look at. That would be ideal?
It might work but the programming would have to be inherent in the forum software. I haven't seen that on any internet forum yet.

Old 10-22-2009, 12:21 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by kelsodeez
if it aint broke, why fix it? the site is fine. leave it the way it is.

it IS broken!!!