Site Feedback and Suggestions If you have any suggestions or want to see something voice your opinion in here.

AJ Racing selling fake J's products?

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2010, 05:10 PM
Super Moderator
I would think a company getting sketchy merchandise would do something about it, or at the very least question it, not just shrug there shoulders and say oh well. Whether or not AJ was getting incomplete merchandise or in fact making counterfeit merchandise it realy makes me, the customer, take a step back and rethink about doing more business with the company.

Old 01-14-2010, 05:27 PM
Retired Moderator
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by MNfit
I would think a company getting sketchy merchandise would do something about it, or at the very least question it, not just shrug there shoulders and say oh well. Whether or not AJ was getting incomplete merchandise or in fact making counterfeit merchandise it realy makes me, the customer, take a step back and rethink about doing more business with the company.
exactly how i feel about this.

Old 01-14-2010, 06:07 PM
5 Year Member
Uh oh!!! I bought an A-j's front lower bar????? lol

Old 01-14-2010, 07:11 PM
5 Year Member
I saw this a few days ago, well almost a week ago on the Japanese site and I was floored at the possibility. Mostly because I just purchased products from AJ-Racing. Nothing J's related as I ordered those parts directly from J's.

I started to get worried about my products coming, T1R chromoly lug nuts, T1R shift boot, Alex gradient Ti knob and Volk center caps. I figured if anything would possibly be fake, it would be the Volk center caps and possibly the knob. I had no idea that there were also fake T1R products out there. So my order gets here and the lug nuts have not a T1R logo on them, but something that looks like TPR. Is this correct? Has anyone else purchased these lugs from another site? They are nice, but I refuse to do business with cheats and already am quite upset that I spent money at this shop with what I have been told by J's. I couldn't make sense of it whatsoever. It doesn't look like the T1R logo at all. I checked T1R's website and they don't show a picture of the lug nuts with their logo at all and AJs site uses the same photos from T1R. I was already upset with the charge on the shift knob when I went to Alex's Japanese site and the price was only ¥8000. That is one incredible markup to US$130. I understand a slight markup for shipping costs, but a full container of products costs 1 price no matter how much shite is stuffed into it (unless you are shipping grains, rice or the like).

Anyways I hope this gets all cleared up and I spoke with Yagi-San at J's and he said to stay away from AJ when it comes to J's products and that they will not sell anymore J's products to them now or in the future.

Old 01-14-2010, 07:13 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Sugarphreak
Jason, I have been down to AJR and dealt with you guys since early 2007 so I do know what kind of company it is. I had faith in the products and always was happy to send you guys additional business whenever the opportunity arose.

This however has nothing to do with the accusations against AJR in this open letter.

I don't really know how to respond to your post because it completely contradicts your previous one; you are saying that you guys don't have the time to open pacakges before you send them on, therefore you are excused by default of sending on defective or poor quality products... but in your previous post you say that 50% of your products were showing up without logos or not in the original packaging.. so which is it?

Bottom line here is somebody is lying; either it is J's Racing or it is AJ-Racing.

You can bet I will be heading down to Speedtech (the new J's distributer) in the near future to compare if any of my J's products are fake. I will also be asking them about how thier J's products are showing up, if they truely were sending you products in such bad pacakaging, missing logo's and condition it would be assumable they still are.

For the meanwhile I think you guys ought to consider that people are spending thousands of dollars on these things. You owe it to them to ensure the quality is there especially on the premium product lines, if there was a lingering quality problem with J's you guys should have dropped the brand instead of continuing to sell questionable products to your customers. "There is nothing we can do" and "We have to keep products moving out the door" are frankly piss poor excuses.

Also to the rest of the Fit Freaks: Please hold off on any kind of judgement until we get some better answers. As I have been digigng in there does seem to be something amiss with J's Racing side of this as well.
Not exactly contradicting. What I meant was when a shipment comes in, we will not open all the boxes, and remove all the original packaging. However, when an order is made, we will repackage the part to ensure that the product does not get damaged during shipping. This means we will add additional reinforcements to the lack of packaging originally supplied.

If you ask any distributor of J's Racing during 2004 - Dec. 2007, they will give you the same answer if you want to know how they received the products from J's Racing.

Feel free to go down to Speedtech to cross reference the J's Racing components on your car.

Regards,

Jason @ AJR

Old 01-14-2010, 07:39 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by 555sexydrive
I saw this a few days ago, well almost a week ago on the Japanese site and I was floored at the possibility. Mostly because I just purchased products from AJ-Racing. Nothing J's related as I ordered those parts directly from J's.

I started to get worried about my products coming, T1R chromoly lug nuts, T1R shift boot, Alex gradient Ti knob and Volk center caps. I figured if anything would possibly be fake, it would be the Volk center caps and possibly the knob. I had no idea that there were also fake T1R products out there. So my order gets here and the lug nuts have not a T1R logo on them, but something that looks like TPR. Is this correct? Has anyone else purchased these lugs from another site? They are nice, but I refuse to do business with cheats and already am quite upset that I spent money at this shop with what I have been told by J's. I couldn't make sense of it whatsoever. It doesn't look like the T1R logo at all. I checked T1R's website and they don't show a picture of the lug nuts with their logo at all and AJs site uses the same photos from T1R. I was already upset with the charge on the shift knob when I went to Alex's Japanese site and the price was only ¥8000. That is one incredible markup to US$130. I understand a slight markup for shipping costs, but a full container of products costs 1 price no matter how much shite is stuffed into it (unless you are shipping grains, rice or the like).

Anyways I hope this gets all cleared up and I spoke with Yagi-San at J's and he said to stay away from AJ when it comes to J's products and that they will not sell anymore J's products to them now or in the future.
Hey there,

There isn't anything known as a fake T1R product. Well nothing that I know of at least. T1R is our flagship brand, so if you think it is fake, it probably wouldn't be sold by us, but instead, by someone else. Chris, I think you actually dealt with me directly with these T1R products. I ensure you that these products are 100% genuine.

With the "TPI" print on these wheel nuts, this is the manufacturer. I rocked these wheel nuts on my car too, and they have the same print.

The centercaps were ordered through a very well know US distributor of Volk Racing products as well.

If you think the Alex shiftknob is fake as well, then unfortunately you'd be mistaken. We actually manufactured this shiftknob for Alex, that is why it is Alex/T1R.

As mentioned before, we no longer carry J's Racing as of March 2009 since the line was dropped.

Regards,

Jason @ AJR

Old 01-14-2010, 07:47 PM
5 Year Member
This honestly does not surprise me, as this is exactly the same reason why A & J Racing is no longer Spoon Sports main North American distributor.

Not only that, but I've actually physically witnessed them deface an SSR product and rebadge it as a T1R product.

Originally Posted by 555sexydrive

T1R is actually a brand made by A & J Racing for A & J Racing and It is NOT made in Japan like they claim.

Here's hoping people like myself get partially refunded for buying fake shit.

Last edited by JaySmith; 01-14-2010 at 07:51 PM.
Old 01-14-2010, 07:55 PM
5 Year Member
I'm wondering what Ben has to say..

Old 01-14-2010, 07:58 PM
i love college
damn... need.. to... sell.. t1r stuff... haha jk

in for response..

Old 01-14-2010, 07:59 PM
5 Year Member
[quote=JaySmith;799570]

Not only that, but I've actually physically witnessed them deface an SSR product and rebadge it as a T1R product.

Just like the clutch I ordered by Exedy when the site says---
T1R Exedy Clutch Set - Honda Fit/Jazz 06-08 (GD3/GD4)

T1R reinforced clutch kit for Honda Fit / JAZZ 05+ Fit MT GD3. Competable to USDM, JDM and EDM version.

The clutch is made and developed by Exedy according to T1R Specifications.

What did T1R do to this clutch?? and why are they charging $430 when you can get the same for $330

Old 01-14-2010, 08:01 PM
5 Year Member
Ever since this topic was brought up, there have been FitFreakers coming out with claims of faulty/bad parts from AJ and horror stories about them. Why wasn't this brought to light sooner? There seems to be a handfull of members unhappy about AJ and their products but haven't said anything until now.
I'm not choosing sides on this b/c AJ has never done me wrong, so I can't bad mouth them, but I'm wondering why other forum members that have been wronged by them would stand by quietly while they continue to sell. If I was ripped off by someone I wouldn't want anyone else buying from them. Where were these post about their "sketch" in the past? Why didn't you post up then instead of speak up now?

Old 01-14-2010, 08:44 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by unFITone
Ever since this topic was brought up, there have been FitFreakers coming out with claims of faulty/bad parts from AJ and horror stories about them. Why wasn't this brought to light sooner? There seems to be a handfull of members unhappy about AJ and their products but haven't said anything until now.
I'm not choosing sides on this b/c AJ has never done me wrong, so I can't bad mouth them, but I'm wondering why other forum members that have been wronged by them would stand by quietly while they continue to sell. If I was ripped off by someone I wouldn't want anyone else buying from them. Where were these post about their "sketch" in the past? Why didn't you post up then instead of speak up now?
My issues with them as a company has actually been known for quite sometime. I've been within the scene since 2000 and have sadly had a number of incidents concerning the genuineness of products being distributed by them.

Realistically everyone that is now bringing up issues, has brought up those issues independently as well, it's just that you're now seeing everything as a whole instead of a case by case basis .

Infact I specifically remember both caie_u and kelsodeez's issues with the J's Racing exhaust as well as im the fit's issue with the clutch.

Old 01-14-2010, 08:56 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by JaySmith
My issues with them as a company has actually been known for quite sometime. I've been within the scene since 2000 and have sadly had a number of incidents concerning the genuineness of products being distributed by them.

Realistically everyone that is now bringing up issues, has brought up those issues independently as well, it's just that you're now seeing everything as a whole instead of a case by case basis .

Infact I specifically remember both caie_u and kelsodeez's issues with the J's Racing exhaust as well as im the fit's issue with the clutch.
I see. I guess it is more centralized now. It's too bad all these problems couldn't be discussed and posted in a single thread sooner. Like I said before, I've never had a problem w/ any product I've received from AJ so I have nothing bad to say about them. But like they say, there are two sides to every story and hopefully things get cleared up and taken care of.

Old 01-14-2010, 09:00 PM
Retired Moderator
Originally Posted by MNfit
This is how i feel as well.

Old 01-14-2010, 09:02 PM
Agreed ^

... this Is entertaining...

Last edited by hondaFORlife; 01-14-2010 at 09:10 PM.
Old 01-14-2010, 09:16 PM
T1R is actually a brand made by A & J Racing for A & J Racing and It is NOT made in Japan like they claim.

Here's hoping people like myself get partially refunded for buying fake shit.[/quote]

Does it state it's made in Japan on the package or something? Note some people seem to confuse the Spoon shop Type One with T1R apparently.

Note:
Spoon "Type One": http://typeone.jp/

"[Registrant] Spoon Co., Ltd."
http://www.whois.net/whois/typeone.jp

AJR T1R :http://www.typeoneracing.com/catalog/home.php

"Registrant: A&J Racing"

http://www.whois.net/whois/typeoneracing.com

Personally my experiences with AJ have been good - courteous, do what they say they are going to do. It'll be interesting to see if J's does file a lawsuit. Reading between the lines with the date of the blog and letter respectively...this sure seems to be getting a lot of play on a lot of different forums. Kind of neat how fitfreak.net posts from last summer are getting spread around. Either way I agree with other's who've stated that the J's Racing line should have been dropped or carefully reviewed if there seemed to be QC or other irregularities.

Edit> Also hearing (w/o supporting evidence mind you) of a lot of J's Racing QC issues...everyone but fitfreak.net seems to be getting muddy here...

Last edited by CPat; 01-14-2010 at 09:31 PM.
Old 01-14-2010, 09:42 PM
Push My Button
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by unFITone
There is an easy answer to this, AJR for the most part has had a very good reputation and excellent customer service. Often if something is a mistake or assumed to be a mix up because they do address it for their customers. This would go a long way to making people more loyal and not wanting to give them a bad name especially if they think it was a mix up.

With this said it does not absolve them in any way if there is truth to this accusation. But lets keep this in perspective as this is just that... there is no solid evidence to back up either side.

The real question for me is what is in it for J's to make false accusations like this; more importantly if this is a false accusation what is the motive behind it? Right now I want to believe AJR, but it is difficult when such a wild accusation brings them no benefit.

Originally Posted by JaySmith
This honestly does not surprise me, as this is exactly the same reason why A & J Racing is no longer Spoon Sports main North American distributor.
Can you provide any links to accusations or proof that Spoon pulled their product line from them for the same reason? If the exact same thing happened with Spoon then likely we can draw a conclusion.

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 01-14-2010 at 09:49 PM.
Old 01-14-2010, 10:12 PM
UNBANABLE
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Sugarphreak
There is an easy answer to this, AJR for the most part has had a very good reputation and excellent customer service. Often if something is a mistake or assumed to be a mix up because they do address it for their customers. This would go a long way to making people more loyal and not wanting to give them a bad name especially if they think it was a mix up.

With this said it does not absolve them in any way if there is truth to this accusation. But lets keep this in perspective as this is just that... there is no solid evidence to back up either side.

The real question for me is what is in it for J's to make false accusations like this; more importantly if this is a false accusation what is the motive behind it? Right now I want to believe AJR, but it is difficult when such a wild accusation brings them no benefit.

Can you provide any links to accusations or proof that Spoon pulled their product line from them for the same reason? If the exact same thing happened with Spoon then likely we can draw a conclusion.
i can verify this. i talked with edmun from opak about this a few months ago and what i got from the conversation is that aj racing's contract with spoon was up and instead of having two north american distributors, spoon just made opak the sole distributor of spoon sports products. then i talked with one of the techs and they said that aj racing was doing some not so nice things. so maybe edmun was trying to be political about the situation or the tech was mistaken.

Old 01-14-2010, 10:23 PM
Push My Button
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by kelsodeez
i can verify this. i talked with edmun from opak about this a few months ago and what i got from the conversation is that aj racing's contract with spoon was up and instead of having two north american distributors, spoon just made opak the sole distributor of spoon sports products. then i talked with one of the techs and they said that aj racing was doing some not so nice things. so maybe edmun was trying to be political about the situation or the tech was mistaken.
Did they say specifically what those things are?

Spoon has the pocket cash to launch a law suit, it would surprise me if they didn't if they found out AJR had anything to do with counterfeit Spoon products.

My feeling is there needs to be something more solid for this to be considered credible.

Old 01-14-2010, 11:05 PM
5 Year Member
Jason I never said the parts were fake and I would of never thought I might receive fake parts from your company. When I got wind of the J's fiasco from J's, my mind started to wonder well if it is true, what about other brands you sell.

Thank you for the explanation on the lugs and honestly I thought that T1R was your own products, but then previous to my post somebody said something about fake T1R products so then I was really lost and unsure.

I don't want to drag the name of a company in the mud in any way, but my stance on the replica crap that is sold and counterfeit products will never change and I would hate to have been duped into buying the very stuff I preach against.

I really do hope everything does get resolved on both ends and you guys can continue providing good customer service, because that is something I can say I experienced dealing with your shop.

GAMBATTE!!!

Quick Reply: AJ Racing selling fake J's products?