Texas Fits, Anything goes thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2008, 12:27 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by bigtoepfer
cept for that weak exhaust.

U decide whats up with that swaybar?
Not yet, it was so freakin hot when I was doing the Bpipe. I was sweating balls so I didn't take it off yet. Really, I don't like the response i get from it but thats just me.

Old 05-25-2008, 12:51 AM
5 Year Member
Hey Arick i was wondering how your springs were working out. I seem to remember that u were stoked about them and got em right before the meet. Now that you've had them on for awhile what do you think. Because i just bought some 16's and i'd like to lower the car. I can get the skunks or the tanabe's for a good price. I'm actually a retailer for them now. I just don't know which to go with. I've ridden on the gfs from tanabe, just wondering how u feel about yours now

Old 05-25-2008, 08:57 AM
Hey Arick i was wondering how your springs were working out. I seem to remember that u were stoked about them and got em right before the meet. Now that you've had them on for awhile what do you think. Because i just bought some 16's and i'd like to lower the car. I can get the skunks or the tanabe's for a good price. I'm actually a retailer for them now. I just don't know which to go with. I've ridden on the gfs from tanabe, just wondering how u feel about yours now
the springs are still riding nice, i dont really think the quality of the ride has changed since the day i put them on. super stiff. if you like a stiff ride than they are for you. i did find out that they make riding in the back seat one hell of a ride. the other day i got to ride in the back seat of my car and my god was it bumpy. im still extremly happy with my purchase and i would suggest these springs to any one.

the thing that i like the most about these is that they are so darn stiff that when the car is full you can barely notice any change in the height. the same day i got to ride in the back of my car i hit that really fun road i took you all on with 4 guys my size plus a full cooler in the back. im pretty sure i only rubbed once and that was on the front driver side when i messed up on a tight turn.

Old 05-25-2008, 04:24 PM
5 Year Member
one of the reasons i'm more interested in the skunk2s is because i have a subwoofer setup usually in the car. And that can add anywhere from 50-175lbs. So the stiffer springs would be better. Don't know if u noticed but my car sat lower in the back almost looked like it had lowering spings in the back lol.

Old 05-25-2008, 06:49 PM
one of the reasons i'm more interested in the skunk2s is because i have a subwoofer setup usually in the car. And that can add anywhere from 50-175lbs. So the stiffer springs would be better. Don't know if u noticed but my car sat lower in the back almost looked like it had lowering spings in the back lol.
i didnt notice but i do know from first hand experience that a sub set up can get pretty hefty. i think in that case the skunk2's would be perfect for you because the rear springs a really stiff. the only thing you might want to consider is really mounting your stuff down to the car. with those rear springs being as stiff as they are every little bump and crack you go over is felt in the rear.

i weigh 220 lbs. and when my car hit a dip in the road i was tossed up and hit my head on the ceiling.

Old 05-26-2008, 12:59 AM
5 Year Member
my brother finally joined the forum. He started a thread on the fit talk lets try and blow it up... Only took about 5 mins for TOOL to find it. And ever since TOOL posted me and my brother have been laughing. Notice i edited my sig....LAWL

Old 05-26-2008, 11:33 AM
5 Year Member
So tired from yesterdays meet....Just about dehydrated myself to death. I drank so much liquids yet lost a lot of it through my skin.

Old 05-26-2008, 07:43 PM
5 Year Member
So, who's going to the auto-x on June 1st? Its in Texas City at Gulf Greyhound Park.

Old 05-26-2008, 10:05 PM
5 Year Member
Not me, I've been driving all weekend. Just put about 500 miles this weekend. 2 fill ups already. I'm beat...I can't think of going anywhere right now.

Old 05-27-2008, 12:28 AM
Retired Moderator
New sig is legit, but now that you stole the stlye i have to change it.

Old 05-27-2008, 12:34 AM
5 Year Member
lol

well it started with teh red lips. then progessed to the yellow headlights, those can be deleted no bigdeal
BUT the bonzai brothers one. is actually awesome. even tho the other two are relevent

Old 05-27-2008, 12:39 AM
Retired Moderator
red lip crew ftl lol.
yellow is soooooooo much cooler hahah jk..

Old 05-27-2008, 12:42 AM
5 Year Member
lol
well i'ma have a few fotos shot this week. then we could do like a poll or sometihng. LOL

Old 05-27-2008, 12:44 AM
Retired Moderator
dude forreal, im sure red will win though. Im not guna lie man. I think red looks good no doubt, i like to be diff though. My wheels go bye bye next week tho..

Old 05-27-2008, 12:58 AM
Originally Posted by TOOL
dude forreal, im sure red will win though. Im not guna lie man. I think red looks good no doubt, i like to be diff though. My wheels go bye bye next week tho..
what!!! why?
those wheels look so sick on your car.

Old 05-27-2008, 01:03 AM
Retired Moderator
need something a little diff man.
BTW i lived in Round rock about for 2 years. I lived off of 1460. Near that new HEB.

Tyler

Old 05-27-2008, 01:18 AM
Originally Posted by TOOL
need something a little diff man.
BTW i lived in Round rock about for 2 years. I lived off of 1460. Near that new HEB.

Tyler
i live off 3406, the new heb is like 6 minutes from my house.

Old 05-27-2008, 01:19 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Hootie
So, who's going to the auto-x on June 1st? Its in Texas City at Gulf Greyhound Park.

Thats a maybe on me, depending if I can skip my work meeting...hey I spent all memorial day in Rosharon today at the State Park out there. It was pretty cool out there, saw a few crocodiles and got a good sunburn.... but man theres nothing to do in Rosharon..lol luckly your a couple miles away from the city.

Old 05-27-2008, 11:53 AM
Retired Moderator
Originally Posted by F'it_ImFromTx
i live off 3406, the new heb is like 6 minutes from my house.
Hahah right on man! Yeah we moved there from cali and lived there for 2 years for my dads wrok before moving back to the bay area. It was cool man, austin is a cool place no doubt!

Tyler

Old 05-27-2008, 01:30 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by LOZA
Thats a maybe on me, depending if I can skip my work meeting...hey I spent all memorial day in Rosharon today at the State Park out there. It was pretty cool out there, saw a few crocodiles and got a good sunburn.... but man theres nothing to do in Rosharon..lol luckly your a couple miles away from the city.
Got dang it, I knew I should have gone out there yesterday. Oh well, it is pretty much dullsvill out that here. No twisty roads, elevation changes, heck not even an arcade. Just a big pile of nothing. But that park however is pretty cool and the scenary in general is awesome.

Quick Reply: Texas Fits, Anything goes thread