Tire, Wheel, Brake & Suspension Welcome to the FitFreak.net Tire, Wheel, Brake & Suspension Forum

Seek advise on tires

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2011, 06:14 PM
Seek advise on tires

I bought a Honda Certified 2008 Fit (the standard model, not the Sport) and love it. I live in Florida most of the year but in February- April I live in the Colorado Rockies in snow country. I have a question about tires. The tires that came on the Fit are pretty good and the car handles well on roads, but when I drive onto a beach (there are many beaches in Florida that allow cars to drive on them) the car tends to get stuck. In fact I carry a pair of traction mats (Amazon.com: Hopkins Subzero 12501 Traction Mat, 2 pack: Automotive) just in case I get stuck.
I am thinking of getting four all-season tires and use them all year, in Florida and in Colorado. I figure they would work better on the beach. In winter in Colorado they would of course not work as well as snow tires, but they would work better than the ordinary tires (rather shallow tread) that came with the car. I would appreciate any feedback on this: that is, all season tires, all year round, in both Florida and Colorado. Is this a good idea? Also, I would apprecoate advice on which all season tires to get. I want decent ones but not extremely expensive ones. Thanks!

Old 06-24-2011, 09:43 AM
Another question: What is the difference between all-season and all-weather tires? Are both kinds available for the Fit?

Old 06-24-2011, 11:24 AM
I would probably buy these kumho's. They supposedly last forever and get great fuel economy. You might want to have a set of chains in case the snow gets too deep, or if you drive in the snow a lot, a set of snow tires.

Buy Tires at TireBuyer.com