The Wasteland The wasteland is unmoderated. Please do not enter if you have a weak stomach or can easily be offended. Only Administrators will have the right to moderate posts here.

post your Fit traffic violations!

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2007, 04:49 PM
5 Year Member
I decided in February to take my Fit to Miami Beach. So I headed from Toronto, Canada down I-75 all the way. I drove 28 hours straight, no sleep! I was trying so hard to make it for the Toronto Maple Leafs vs. Florida Panthers hockey game. I was going southbound on the I-75 somewhere between Ocala and Tampa, three-lanes wide when I was passing cars like crazy in the fast lane and middle lane (mostly staying in the middle lane). There was a gold car going about the same speed as I was for quite some time too. I was in the fast lane, when I saw a vehicle way up ahead on the left shoulder, so I quickly checked my mirrors and blindspot and saw the gold car again. There were cars behind him too, so I gunned it to get ahead of him and into the middle lane. So as I got closer, it turned out to be a cop with radar, but not one, two of them! The other cop was on the right shoulder with radar too. I saw the cop on the left should radio over to his buddy on the right side, and off they went. Well, I knew what was coming up next. So they lit up the cherries, and I was in front of the gold car. I pulled over and so did the gold car, but only one cop stopped (behind the gold car), so I continued on my way. Then out of nowhere, across three lanes of traffic the other cop came up behind me in the right lane. I pulled over again! He parked his car halfway on the grass on a 45 degree angle, with his wheels cranked towards the highway. He took no time coming up to my car, knocked on the passenger side window and signaled to unlock the door. He bent down low to the ground on the passenger side, and took a good look around while talking with me.

Cop: "How are you today?"

Me: "Fine, thank you."

Cop: "Were are you headed?"

Me: "Miami. I, I mean, Miami Beach."

(I corrected myself. Stuttered in between, and now I was vulnerable.)

Cop: "I caught you going 85 in a 55. And the other officer caught that other vehicle going 85 as well. We use precise and accurate radar instruments to calculate your speed. Now tell me, do you have a reasonable justification why you were travelling so fast?"

(This was a good line by the cop. It would scare most people, but I pulled one out of my ass, read on....)

Me: "I saw your vehicle on the left shoulder from a distance, and I believed it was a person in distress. I did everything I could to move out of the way to reduce the risk of danger to that person, and to be a courteous driver."

(I was amazed at myself for that one. I changed the situation from being about me and the huge danger I potentially caused everyone else on the road, to the safety and well-being of that one officer.)

Cop: "Well..........(long pause) Just remember, this is Florida now. The laws in Canada must be very good if they tell you to move over for safety. I wish we had that same law here. I appreciate your honesty and commitment to officer safety. Slow it down, alright?"

Me: "Yes sir."

Cop: "Have a nice day."

I went slower the rest of the way, but I didn't make it in time for the Leafs game, but they won. And I had an amazing time in Miami Beach!

Last edited by TOPHER1; 05-20-2007 at 04:52 PM.
Old 05-21-2007, 09:53 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by George02
I got arrested last year doin 125 in a 45 but not on my fit... I had to pay $500 fine, and had to go to traffic survival school, a well learned lesson

haha, I got pulled over for doin 137 in a 45. But i kno people, and just had to pay the fine. Not in the fit either, no way this thing could get over 100 easy and be steady. It was in my boosted neon , i kno i know a neon. It was my first car when I was 16, but since then I have owned 4 hondas and anow I am 21

Old 05-21-2007, 10:42 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by big Fit
In the past I owned a volkswagon diesel rabbit which is imposible to get a ticket in because you never get up to speed.... the mpg was excellent. 50 to 60 mpg in the USA. I often traveled 540 miles on 10 gallons of fuel
A roomate got a ticket in his diesel Rabbit when he was doing a driving tour of the US. 27 in a 25. He figured the "dead" stickers, browline glasses and hair down to is bottom were the bigger factor for the stop.

I do have a friend that OUTRAN a cop on an interstate in a Peugeot turbo diesel 505......

Old 05-26-2007, 10:45 AM
Four Wheels Enthusiast
5 Year Member
Exclamation --- New Ticket ---

I just got pulled over today on the way to work..
I was goin 94 in a 65.. and a ticket for no front lisence plate!! WTF?!!!!

I am going to fight the lisence plate thing, just because I have had 4 cars in the past 5 or so years all with no front plate and I have been pulled over in each of the cars.. not once have I been told anything a bout that.. its BS!#@! So far I'am out $320 though.. probably more.

PS: Good thing he didnt catch the expired sticker!

Last edited by sLiVeRwOrM; 05-26-2007 at 10:47 AM.
Old 07-30-2007, 03:38 PM
I got clocked doing 120 in a 55 in my 89 Prelude when I was 17. It was right about midnight and the cop actually pulled me over in front of my parent's house. I told him I had to be home by midnight or I got grounded. He actually left me go.

Old 07-30-2007, 04:36 PM
5 Year Member
Sorry I am a boring old fart and the only violations I have are parking tickets, a few of them. My street stupidity days are behind me and I keep all my foolishness with my NSX on the track or on the back roads where cops can't find me.

Old 07-30-2007, 05:47 PM
Retired Moderator
LOL well does that make me an old fart too? I'm 21 and I haven't ever gotten a ticket once. I thoroughly believe in sticking within the speed limits (+5 or +10 ) and haven't had to pay the price yet. Thinking about increased insurance is what gets me to slow down...that and how many high speed accidents that take lives.

Old 07-30-2007, 05:53 PM
5 Year Member
good ones guys... you guys might hate me for this, but here goes...

Although I haven't been stopped in my vbp yet, I got pulled over in my 06 Si 4 times (before I got t-boned by a stopsign-running semi-truck..bastard). anyways, I got let go every single time. Each officer would ask, where do you work, and i would tell them i am a drug dog handler and they would let me go! One time, after a midnite shift, a sherriff pulled me over, he came up to the car, saw me in uniform and yelled.. " AW man!!! one of you guys!!?? Get out of here!" I said thanks and slowed it down the rest of the way...

Old 07-30-2007, 06:01 PM
Retired Moderator
Drug Dog Handler? So you handle those sniffing dogs at airports and such? Or am I way off base here?

Old 07-30-2007, 09:38 PM
Posts in the NUUDE
Retired Moderator
I'll keep the stories a little short Heres my record...
I just turned 21 last Friday. Ready for this?

Heres the list:
-16yrs old. 65mph in a 45. First ticket. I was in my Mx-6 with my friend along side in his car. Cops thought we were racing. This was back when racing wasnt HUGE. Let us off with 9mph over the limit..
-17yrs old. Pulled over, asked questions. Tint and exhaust ticket.
-17yrs old. Again, asked questions. Tint and exhaust ticket.
-17yrs old.
3am on a long main road. No one but me on the road, anyone that was on the road was already pulled over so I proceed 10mph UNDER the 50mph limit. I see a cop pulling out of a gas station. Before he pulls out I get over so I can get ready to be pulled over. Sure enough; lights on.

He tells me I was speeding, I called him a liar to his face. I said there was no way thats true. He told me since my rims were aftermarket my speedometer was off. I proceed with a smart ass reply of "20mph off, not true." He then looks at my car. "I see your tint is illegal and you have an exhaust." I reply "Then give my a ticket for those, thats all you have me for." He lets me go.
-About 2 hrs being 18yrs old. Pulled over for street racing. Big time stuff. I had a helicopter on me and all. I get searched. (dudes felt me. Ughh) car gets searched, they threaten me. Tint and exhaust. CHEA! Hahaha!
-About 3 months later Im speeding on a long road leading to my house. Testing my Mx-6 at about 2am, making sure shes still pulling like normal. You know? Cop sees me doing 120mph!!!! Me like a dumb ass wait for him. He had to go to the next intersection to make a Uturn. I could have easily booked it home. Ehh, I aint like that. He left me with my tail between my legs. Yelled at me, cursed, threatened me. Ughh.

I got more people.....
-19yrs old. At a main intersection. I pull out, boost and spin 1st, slam 2nd (spin all 2nd gear, Mx-6 torque. Yum!) hit 3rd and 4th. Im at about 120mph again. I see lights. I pull over and waited again for 4, yes 4 State Troopers. I figured Im done because these guys are asses. Turns out they were rookies in training. They give me a printed warning "Unlawful Display of Horsepower." I just laughed at that one.
-20yrs old. On my way to a friends house. A long back road that leads to another long main road. All around is torn down trees because housing developments are buying land. I coast through a stop sign. State Trooper gets me. If that wasnt enough, ticket for my exhaust too. ****!
-20yrs old.
Things get bad. I get caught messing with the previous owner of my Probe. We werent racing but you cant just say that to a cop. he left before me and me having a bigger turbo vs his stocker (same motors) of course I'll pull up to him easily. Both of our cars had similar exhausts which was basically nothing. Hahaa. Open downpipes. Cop is pulling off an overpass just as we are boosting next to each other. Pulled over.

I had to go to court 3 times. Each time theres no factual information. I basically waste hours of my life going to court because the cop was a retard and didnt file anything. Although Im glad he didnt. The last time I mention its the 3rd time Ive been to court. Im let off with Careless Driving.
-20yrs old. Im on my way to my old job picking up my last check. Same area where I got my FIRST TICKET. Speed trap, 54mph in a 45. Cop also gave me a tint ticket. This was in my Fit BTW. First ticket in my Fit.

How did I do?

Old 07-31-2007, 01:12 AM
5 Year Member
I think you take the cake.

Old 07-31-2007, 01:51 AM
5 Year Member
crazy stories!!!! and yeah youre on the right track, but i'm on the mxican border vbp.

Old 08-01-2007, 12:29 AM
Posts in the NUUDE
Retired Moderator
Although the thread talks about tickets in the Fit, only one was in my Fit.

Old 01-14-2008, 02:48 PM
5 Year Member
first ticket in fit since i bought it 2 months ago

got a ticket on new years. the 5 south past magnolia. cop said i was goin 100+ mph but wrote me up for 84 mph so i would still qualify for traffic school. sad thing is i just went to level 2 traffic school (12 hour class) in november... he also cited me for no plates. was already the second time i been pulled over in it. first time, i was stopped goin through an intersection (moulton & laguna hills drive) doin 80+ mph. bitch was so mad, when i tried to explain, she threw my license, registration, and insurance back in my face and told me to gtfo of there before she pulls my ass out and hauls my ass in... that was trippy!

Old 01-14-2008, 08:40 PM
5 Year Member
uh mine is lame stupid and retarded. i was out of town at the beach setting up my mothers boyfriends parents computer for them and getting rid of their old one. went out to the bar with somebody(they drove) got back to the house guess i blacked out had an axiety attack(from staying at somebodys house i dont know, haha really bad social anxiety). next thing i know im on the side of 50West in ocean city with 3 state troopers for a dui test. got a few tickets, dui and a few other things, around 1.2-1.6k in tickets, 2k for lawyer and license suspended for 6 months and locked up for a few hours til somebody could drive 2 hours to get me and take me to get my car out of the inpound lot(200$ fee there too, thinking of my fit on a tow truck made me want to cry). (luckily they didnt get me for tint, haha). happened around october 07

I never drink and drive...i think its the stupidest thing ever, but thought id share that story since its my only ticket in my fit/the only time ive been pulled over in it. and learned my lesson not to drive my car anywhere if im going to be drinking, even if i plan on staying the night, haha. stupid dui soaked up all my mod money ;(

other tickets on previous cars are just parking tickets and repair orders for lights not working.

Last edited by kancerr; 01-14-2008 at 08:42 PM.
Old 01-14-2008, 08:47 PM
Luvs Dah b00st!
well ill put in my lil story in kissimme/orlando there is like a mall thing called the loop there is like a movie theater and shops and stuff. well around the back is like a short cut to get around to the main road well the speed limit is 20. this turn is what i believe to be the best high speed turn in the country it is like an 1/8 mile run up then a nice wide left hander into a 1/4 run down strip. well i am on full tien suspension with cusco strut bars and sway bars with advan tires and a crazy driver lol to put it in short my cars loves corners... well i was late to work and it was about 7 in the morning and i took this back road to save time. well i set up for the turn slamed 2nd and and cruzed the turn in 3rd just after the end of the turn mister piggy walks out in the road hands waving and cop car off to the side lights a flashin. i yelled shit and pulled over. the first words out of the cops mouth were "impressive" i laugh and he told me how bad that was and shit and ticked me for 65 in a 20. now new law in florida is any thing over 35 is mandatory court . well that wasent enough so i got a 78 dollar seat belt ticket 80 dollar license plate obstruction because of my frame 40 dollar cracked license citation and altered exhause fix a ticket. then the fu*ker said have a nice day i told him i hope u get cancer he shook his head and walked off lol so i am still awaiting a court date cant wait to see my new friend in court

Old 01-15-2008, 12:01 AM
5 Year Member
what happens if you get a modified exhaust repair order? and what do you get them for...doing anything to your exhaust at all, or just being too loud?

Old 01-15-2008, 02:56 AM
Banned
Originally Posted by gd3kamiwanaB
then the fu*ker said have a nice day i told him i hope u get cancer (yea right) he shook his head and walked off lol so i am still awaiting a court date cant wait to see my new friend in court
You do realize that comments you made are recorded on the ticket and will be read to the judge. And you new officer friend is waiting for your court date also so he can MAKE A BUNCH OF MONEY ON OVERTIME You seriously don't think he's going to go to court on his own time do you?? So get your date he will love it.

Old 01-15-2008, 06:25 PM
Luvs Dah b00st!
Originally Posted by claymore
You do realize that comments you made are recorded on the ticket and will be read to the judge. And you new officer friend is waiting for your court date also so he can MAKE A BUNCH OF MONEY ON OVERTIME You seriously don't think he's going to go to court on his own time do you?? So get your date he will love it.
what ever its like 2 hours in court and a couple hundred bucks **** that cop i got the time and the money to entertain little miss piggy . and whats with the (yea right) you think im lying lol you dont know me very well i say what ever is on my mind when ever i want .

Old 01-15-2008, 06:45 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by gd3kamiwanaB
what ever its like 2 hours in court and a couple hundred bucks **** that cop i got the time and the money to entertain little miss piggy . and whats with the (yea right) you think im lying lol you dont know me very well i say what ever is on my mind when ever i want .
sheeyit, i b'lee dat! anyone with a ride that fukcin pimp def has a pair.

Quick Reply: post your Fit traffic violations!