The Wasteland The wasteland is unmoderated. Please do not enter if you have a weak stomach or can easily be offended. Only Administrators will have the right to moderate posts here.

post your Fit traffic violations!

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2008, 11:41 PM
haha lets just say I haven't had the best luck with police, and I'm not even a bad driver!

In my 95 integra:
-pulled over for going 45 in a 30. was told to "slow it down next time"
-pulled over for having the wrong license plate. long story, me and my moms tag is 1 letter different and the place gave us the switched ones. the cop actually accused me of committing license tag fraud (meanwhile im a 16 year old girl at the time). he treated me like a straight up criminal. he asked me: "are there any other cars in your house." "yes, my mom has a maroon camry" "maroon?" "yeah its like red" "thank you, i know what maroon is"
-pulled over for giving the finger. haha they were having this WEARYOURSEATBELTOMG rally in the parking lot of my school and i was stuck INSIDE the lot for like 20 minutes, thus late for work and i was pissed. this little girl is yelling at me to put my seat belt on, and i have it on, so as i leave and shes still yelling, i give her the finger. cop pulls me over. tells me i have a bad attitude. blahblahblah.
-my first actual ticket: cutting through a church parking lot to get to school. i totally didn't know this was illegal. i had never heard that "dont cut through a gas station" cliche.

my fit:
-running a stop sign. in my defense there was like a 2 foot puddle and i didnt wanna stop cuz my car was so low, so i kinda just went through it.

Old 04-08-2008, 07:18 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by fit_love

my fit:
-running a stop sign. in my defense there was like a 2 foot puddle and i didnt wanna stop cuz my car was so low, so i kinda just went through it.

oh man thats a great excuse. i know how that is though.

Old 04-08-2008, 08:28 PM
thank you people for keeping the thread alive!!!

P.S. No NEW TICKETS FOR ME

Old 04-27-2008, 04:58 PM
5 Year Member
Just got pulled over on my bike going 144mph lol

I was coming down from around 170mph

Old 04-28-2008, 12:00 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by dank24
Just got pulled over on my bike going 144mph lol

I was coming down from around 170mph
so your posting from jail?

Old 04-29-2008, 02:25 AM
5 Year Member
Wellllllll.... long story. My idiot fault.

Illegally taking my friends to school, made a right at a stop and didnt notice a cop on the left side... bad! I had to make a left not too far and noticed a puddle... HMMMMM... to see if it would understeer, i yanked on the steeering as soon as the wheels hit the water and no under-steer. But i got tons of wheel-spin!

At this point, the cop must have been following me. Then came the S-turn! I went stright through it.

Blah blah pulled me over for "SEEMING to GO 40" in a 25... i def wasnt going 40 but i didnt say a word.

"I saw you hugging the corner so you must have been going fast."

Long story short only charged me for having passengers under 20, prolly cause it;s the first time i got in trouble w/ the law and also it was my birthday in 2 days. CLSOE CALL!

Old 04-29-2008, 10:51 AM
115 in 55 6 month provision, defensive driving school, had to get a lawyer and he really didnt do anything.

Old 10-21-2012, 10:57 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by sLiVeRwOrM
My FIRST day back in town from New Mexico (where I bought my car) I got pulled over doing 90 in a 65 the cop asked what kinda car it was. I told em "its a FIT"

Cop : "A whaa?"
me : "A F-I-T, FIT"
Cop : "well I dont wanna be seein none more of these fast bastards , git on"
me : " ::smile:: Iam sure you won't"

-- three days later

same cop same place, only got a warning that time.

that was great! I loved it. I could just see and hear that. I was fortunate to be one of the first people in my area to have a fit (april 2006) and I got that response often. thanks for sharing

Old 10-22-2012, 12:14 AM
5 Year Member
Turning on RED light. $100 fine mailed to me with proof.

Name:  ImageViewer1.jpg
Views: 127
Size:  143.7 KB

Old 10-22-2012, 02:29 AM
5 Year Member
I agreed to go to San Diego and transport a car from there to Cincinnati for a friend. The owner of the car was his sister in San Diego. So I entered Kansas on I-70 and the speed limit is 70. I set the cruise on 70 and drove for hours. Right at dusk a Sheriff (Barney) is sitting in the grass middle between the 4 lanes and saw me go by. He chased me down and pulled me over.

What for? An illegal rear license plate frame. Now we know he could not have seen that frame as I passed by at 70 going the opposite direction from where he was parked. The questioning went something like: "Does everything in here belong to you?" Answer: "No" Then I offered to remove the "illegal license plate frame and he said "not right now". He took my license and ran it. Here I am in Kansas driving a car with California plates and Ohio insurance with an Indiana driver's license. Oh yes, I'm also carrying a concealed weapon and told him so.

Well Barney must have called Andy back at the station because about 5 minutes later a back up State trooper shows up. At this point they tell me to exit the car and ask again "Does everything in this car belong to you?" My answer again was "NO". They made me stand in front on the car in head lights in the cold (it was December) while they tossed everything in the car. They were into everything inside and outside of the car including the heater vents. It was interesting that they never opened the hood. They never asked for why someone from Indiana was driving a California licensed car with bill of sale to someone with an Ohio address. They never asked me for my gun permits and made no attempt to disarm me. After all of this Barney came back came back and said "You can go. Have a nice day." I asked if I should remove the license plate frame and he said "take care of it later".

After I got home I wrote a letter to the Governor of Kansas and attached pictures. After a 5 month investigation I was told they finally found the state officer but he could not remember being involved. I was told to contact Sheriff Andy. I found that Andy and Barney were the police department for a county of less than 7500 people. I sent Andy a registered letter but never heard from either Sheriff Andy or Deputy Barney Fife.

Old 10-22-2012, 11:40 AM
$67 fine for going 76km/h in a 60 zone.....They have mobile units now...

Name:  DSCF0060_zps2a526549.jpg
Views: 145
Size:  68.1 KB

Old 10-22-2012, 05:19 PM
Cat
Someone that spends HER life on FitFreak.net
5 Year Member
Never gotten any tickets driving the Fit but with my Cavalier RS got a ticket for going 55 in a 45 zone. Got pulled over in my Ranger XLT for going over the RR tracks when the arms were down. There was no train in sight and 5 people in front of me crossed before I did. Of course the cop came out from an eating place just in time to see me crossing. Stopped me but I got out of it by making him laugh. He told me he could give me a ticket for $150.00 fine for crossing when the arms and lights were flashing. I remarked, " I knew it was stupid but I had not clue it was against the law". He covered his mouth as he was laughing, handed me back my insurance and license, and said "get out of here"! LOL!

Old 10-22-2012, 07:10 PM
Never get tickets from black and whites. Pulled over many times. Just smile and nod. Tell the truth.

"Yes officer I may have kicked the clutch coming through that intersection accidentally, I was just trying to make the yellow and get out of the way, i'll be more careful, sorry about that".

Only ticket I got in the Fit was an automated red light ticket: light was green, sun blinded me, saw light was yellow, went through too late I guess. $500, damn you city of Santa Ana.

Old 10-24-2012, 01:27 PM
Super Moderator
I have been pulled over a lot for my speed. got 3-4 speeding tickets, nothing crazy mostly just 10 over the limit

Old 10-24-2012, 01:41 PM
5 Year Member
got rolled on yesterday in front of my house lol i was in my car blazeing up a storm when i seen a bright light behind me lite up my car lol then i was like ohh no its the cops anywho cop took me out my car and was like what u doing smoking weed in ur car my answer cuz everyones home so i could no smoke in the bak yard so i though i smoke in the car anywho cop runs my DL all is ok then lets me go tell me enjoy ur self reason why i rollled on u because there was some shooting in the nabor hood it was fireworks dumb cop lol then said but dnt let me see u out here still when i come bak around! i stood out side still fuk that pig

Old 10-30-2012, 03:16 PM
78 in a 55. Got it reduced down to a 64 in a 55 though.

Old 10-30-2012, 08:36 PM
Supervillain
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Wafulz
got rolled on yesterday in front of my house lol i was in my car blazeing up a storm when i seen a bright light behind me lite up my car lol then i was like ohh no its the cops anywho cop took me out my car and was like what u doing smoking weed in ur car my answer cuz everyones home so i could no smoke in the bak yard so i though i smoke in the car anywho cop runs my DL all is ok then lets me go tell me enjoy ur self reason why i rollled on u because there was some shooting in the nabor hood it was fireworks dumb cop lol then said but dnt let me see u out here still when i come bak around! i stood out side still fuk that pig
Things he didn't do: be extra mean to you, put you in cuffs, hold you there for an hour, handle you roughly, gave you a citation that you have to show up in court to fight, or give you absolutely no reason that he was suspicious?

Just gives you a verbal warning (which is the same as no consequence).

Fuck that pig? Did I miss something here? I would be in love with him.

Old 10-30-2012, 10:12 PM
My last speeding ticket was 145 in a 55 so that alone should tell how long ago it was and it was on two wheels not four on a extremely tricked out 1975 Kawasaki 900 which was very fast for the day.

Old 10-30-2012, 11:54 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by gd3kamiwanaB
what ever its like 2 hours in court and a couple hundred bucks **** that cop i got the time and the money to entertain little miss piggy . and whats with the (yea right) you think im lying lol you dont know me very well i say what ever is on my mind when ever i want .
So you're pissed at the cop for doing his job??? A real man would just accept his punishment for breaking the rules and move on!

"I hope you get cancer" ....you have obviously never had to deal with anyone who has had cancer. I hope they throw the book at you

Old 01-18-2013, 08:38 PM
Banned
Just for your entertainment-----

Got one for you. Before Fits, before Fitfreak. Date: 12/24/1980, 1:00 AM on northbound Riverside Freeway. I was driving home to San Brdo. after a late dinner w/friends in Corona. Everyone on the fwy. was passing me, but I got pulled over by the CHP. "License and registration, please sir". "OK, just a sec--", I opened the glove box door and out fell my 5-shot stainless steel .22 Derringer. Loaded.

"Is that a REAL gun, sir?". "Yeah, I forgot that I left it there".

"Get out of your car, slowly, and place your hands on the hood sir". "Okay". The handcuffs go on, and one CHP officer searches the car while the other one asks me to tell him how to unload the gun (you have to pull the cylinder pin and remove the 5-shot cylinder to load/unload). Then I was ordered into the cruiser, left my company car on the side of the freeway, and spent the night in the Riverside County Jail (me in a suit) with several guys bleeding from a bar fight and another guy arrested for holding up a 7-11 store and shooting the manager. Like Arlo Guthrie's song "Alice's Restaurant" the residents asked, "What're ya in for". I said "carrying a concealed weapon". The mother-rapers and the father-rapers said: "Oh! Hey man, welcome to the party!!".

I was released at 9:00 AM on O.R. (my "Own Recognizance") due to no criminal history, called the guy who I had bought dinner for just before this incident, and he took me to the impound lot to pay a stiff fee to get my car back.

I was charged with three misdemeanors- speeding (was not speeding), carrying a concealed weapon, and carrying a loaded weapon within the Riverside city limits. I went to 5 pre-trial hearings over the next four months, acted as my own attorney because I earned too much to qualify for the Public Defender, and in the end all of the charges were dropped, and my arrest record was expunged from the county records. In the first day in court, the cops admitted that they pulled over every single male driver they could as part of a sting, being sure that most, on that night, were DUI from Christmas parties

The gun was in the glove box because at the shooting range the previous week I got tired of it getting in the way in my ammo box every time I went back for more ammo in the shooting session. I don't carry guns to shoot people or to hold up stores, I just forgot about the damned thing. That particular gun design and the .22 cal. ammo scares law enforcement people because it can put a round between the armor plates in the old-style vests that the cops wore. I would carry this gun, loaded with bird shot rounds, as protection from rattle snakes when I camped in the desert. Had it at the range to see how far away it would reliably cut paper (didn't care about bullseye rings with a "belly gun"). I could get holes from 3-out-of-5 rounds from the 1" barrel at 8 meters, but the bird's head tiny grip was pretty uncomfortable with high velocity rounds.

If anyone who actually KNOWS me wants to know how I was successful in court, just ask via PM and I'll tell you.

Wow! Just wait until Super Cop "Batshit-in-Bangcock" finds this in his next lurking visit. If readers don't know what that meant, look at "Meanwhile in North Korea" in "The Wasteland" forum. He will rage on about this for weeks.

Last edited by Triskelion; 01-18-2013 at 08:58 PM.

Quick Reply: post your Fit traffic violations!