The Wasteland The wasteland is unmoderated. Please do not enter if you have a weak stomach or can easily be offended. Only Administrators will have the right to moderate posts here.

Evil thought of the day

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2007, 04:02 AM
Evil thought of the day

I was driving down a major street today during almost rush hour, three lanes in either direction. In the left lane, someone had stopped at an intersection to make a left turn. I was in the center lane at the time, not moving too fast, but moving. suddenly a CR-V who had stopped in the left lane a few cars behind the vehicle trying to turn starting to inch his way into the center lane one car in front of me. Keep in mind our lane was still moving at the time, and he just kind of forced his way into our lane until the car in front of me had no choice but to slam on her brakes for a full stop. She hit the horn of course, but was kind of pointless since I'm sure the CR-V driver already knows what he did is wrong and would anger the other driver.

Anyways, as we started moving again, I commented to my wife that if it was me he was trying to do that with, I would have kept going and hit his car. I've got my digital cam with me so I can take photos that he came into my lane, and have witnesses to back up my story. My record stays clean, he has to deal with the aftermath of an at-fault collision (fixing his car, raised insurance rates, etc). My wife says Not with this car! Maybe with the old car so we don't have to bother selling it (old car would probably be written-off). To which I replied, "but then I can take the opportunity and put in a bit extra and get myself a JDM front end conversion!". She said that's evil.

Do you think it's evil? I don't think so. I mean, insurance is there to cover such things. And in reality, it would be MY insurance that's paying for it since that's what I pay insurance for. The CR-V driver just provided the opportunity for me to use my insurance without raising my rates; and in the process, will have his rates increased for being a dangerous driver. That's why his rates are increased, not to pay for my new front end. So I can't see why it would be wrong, or evil, to not hit the brakes if he was merging dangerously into my lane. At those speeds, it would only be property damage.

Of course, my wife doesn't think I'm actually evil for thinking it, and I probably would instinctively hit the brakes if it did happen to me, especially since the wife was in the car. But I'm just wondering, would anyone else have considered something similar? would anyone have followed through?

Hmmm.....

Old 05-09-2007, 02:40 AM
your insurance isnt just based on how many at faults accidents you have.

each and every time you report a claim, it can potentially raise your insurance rates, regardless of who is at fault.

and the crv inching towards the center lane, you dont stop, and you hit him, it is very much possible both of you share fault.

espeically if he pulls all the way out and you hit near the rear bumper.

Old 05-09-2007, 10:17 AM
5 Year Member
Personally I would rather have my car (and it's Carfax report and resale value) in an "unrepaired" condition, so I avoid accidents at all costs, but if you don't care about such things (and are willing to take the risk of injury that comes with car crashes) have at it next time.

Last edited by spreadhead; 05-09-2007 at 01:29 PM.
Old 05-09-2007, 06:19 PM
5 Year Member
Thats easy to say, so lets see ya do it.
Yes there are a lot of bad drivers out there. Your rates will still go up. Insurance isn't there to use. its there for accidents, theft, etc....
Yes I want to hit/ crush ( Ive gotton out and hit a guy once, I regret it, he ran me off the road at an off ramp in Fordham NYC) these selfish morons. Now Im older, wife kids, so im more patient. Every morning I deal with them. A little honk/ Light flash, will educate these dopes.

Old 05-09-2007, 07:21 PM
Originally Posted by coldstorage5
A little honk/ Light flash, will educate these dopes.
3 month ago, someone did that here locally.

a little honk, some high beam.

he end up getting shot in the head and died.

Old 05-09-2007, 08:19 PM
Banned
I think people are missing the point that he "THOUGHT". I sometimes randomly post crap too...So don't bust his balls. All I know is come to Miami...Drive...then go home and try to stab your eyes out. I hate driving here. every day I get pissed...Less than a year ago...and even less than the year before. But for instance, traffic is heavy but moving. 2 jackasses on motorcycles go through traffic. I saw them and thought I should swerve. Key word...THOUGHT. I didn't. Even though I could care less if I did, I didn't. Let him vent. Trust me, I will post a story one day WITH pictures of my daily commute.

I have had people make right hand turns from the left lane of a 4 lane highway. I have watched people smoke weed in their cars, read newspapers, read books, text on their phone, eat with BOTH hands and of course put on makeup. Miami is a dump and 75% of drivers have NO insurance.

Anyway, let him vent! That's all

Old 05-09-2007, 08:59 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by aywwsd
3 month ago, someone did that here locally.

a little honk, some high beam.

he end up getting shot in the head and died.
Yeah, we may have murderous psychopaths behind the wheel here in No. California, but at least we have pretty decent weather and no tornadoes. If you mod you Fit right and have some driving skills, you can probably out drive and run away from the psychos with the guns.

For added insurance, I carry a member of the Glock family with me, but I also avoid intentionally pissing the crazies off enough to hurt my Fit.

Last edited by manxman; 05-09-2007 at 09:05 PM. Reason: add comment
Old 05-09-2007, 09:18 PM
Originally Posted by manxman
If you mod you Fit right and have some driving skills, you can probably out drive and run away from the psychos with the guns.
so many fit drivers are going to get killed if they try this...

Old 05-10-2007, 01:09 AM
Banned
so many fit drivers are going to get killed if they try this...
What? It's better to just sit still and get shot?

Old 05-10-2007, 01:12 AM
What? It's better to just sit still and get shot?
or stop honking and high beaming at the f350. it cant see you, it cant hear you, but it will crush you.

Old 05-10-2007, 01:27 AM
Banned
or stop honking and high beaming at the f350. it cant see you, it cant hear you, but it will crush you.
You misunderstood my previous post- I'm not among those who do the honking or high beaming. In the Santa Cruz Mountains there are many F350 drivers who think that they can run anyone they want to off the road just because they want to. They get real pissed off because they can't catch me. The big raised trucks may have 3 times my hp, but the big raised trucks will fall off the side of the mountain at half my speed. My friend Mr. Glock is along for the ride just on the off chance that things don't work out. I don't look for trouble, but rather than being an easy victim, I am ready to be an unpleasant surprise.

Old 05-10-2007, 01:35 AM
You misunderstood my previous post- I'm not among those who do the honking or high beaming. In the Santa Cruz Mountains there are many F350 drivers who think that they can run anyone they want to off the road just because they want to. They get real pissed off because they can't catch me. The big raised trucks may have 3 times my hp, but the big raised trucks will fall off the side of the mountain at half my speed. My friend Mr. Glock is along for the ride just on the off chance that things don't work out. I don't look for trouble, but rather than being an easy victim, I am ready to be an unpleasant surprise.
as soon as the county of san mateo or san francisco grants me a ccw, i'll carry, too.

but that will never happen...

Old 05-10-2007, 10:23 AM
Banned
as soon as the county of san mateo or san francisco grants me a ccw, i'll carry, too.

but that will never happen...
Law enforcement folks have a little catch-phrase that makes self protection decisions fairly easy:

"Better to be judged by twelve than to be carried by six".

Old 05-10-2007, 12:59 PM
Originally Posted by j5ive
Of course, my wife doesn't think I'm actually evil for thinking it, and I probably would instinctively hit the brakes if it did happen to me, especially since the wife was in the car.
Originally Posted by fit4kris
I think people are missing the point that he "THOUGHT". I sometimes randomly post crap too...So don't bust his balls. Anyway, let him vent! That's all
Thank you.

I think most in the thread are giving good advise on the reality of the situation if someone would follow through on a similar thought regarding insurance and resale value. Thanks for letting me rant.