The Wasteland The wasteland is unmoderated. Please do not enter if you have a weak stomach or can easily be offended. Only Administrators will have the right to moderate posts here.

Why post pictures of a stock Fit?

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2011, 04:04 PM
Why post pictures of a stock Fit?

I haven't done a rant like this before, so I thought it would be interesting. Anyways, every once in a while I see people like this (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/2nd-...rtex-blue.html that post pictures of the brand new car.

Great, we are happy that you got a Fit, because we have one too. There's really no reason to post pictures of a car that we all have and that can easily be looked up online.

Anyone else get annoyed with people that do this?

Have a nice day everyone.

Old 01-27-2011, 05:19 PM
Annoyed? No. If someone is proud that they just got a car new to them and they want to post pictures of it, good for them.

Old 01-27-2011, 05:44 PM
5 Year Member
You thought right, this was super interesting!

Old 01-27-2011, 06:16 PM
Originally Posted by whaap
Annoyed? No. If someone is proud that they just got a car new to them and they want to post pictures of it, good for them.
Plus+1 on that, also it's a 2011 color - some people haven't seen what they look like yet...

Pride in ownership is what this site is about, to a large extent.

Old 01-27-2011, 06:28 PM
Supervillain
5 Year Member
i can see why it can get annoying, but this is fitfreak and i think members are entitled to post pics of their cars on here, even if they are showroom stock.

i mean, some members post photos of their nasty (in my opinion) modifications, but i just keep my thoughts to myself if they're negative. if we're going to get annoyed w/ photos of stock fits, we should get annoyed with photos of nasty mods too haha. and like our opinions may differ on what mods are nasty, some members might like looking at clean, stock fits, while others are more into unique fits.

it's a community and people are members here for different reasons, not all are going to be gearheads that want to modify their cars. we should be welcoming

note: vortex blue is a new color i haven't seen before, so drifthunter's thread is alright by me

Last edited by doctordoom; 01-27-2011 at 06:31 PM.
Old 01-31-2011, 01:41 PM
5 Year Member
if they take good pictures, I don't mind it. I like to look at pretty pictures :s but if there's nothing special about the place or scenery, I think it's pointless.

Old 01-31-2011, 02:17 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by !bungle
Plus+1 on that, also it's a 2011 color - some people haven't seen what they look like yet...

Pride in ownership is what this site is about, to a large extent.
I agree, plus some members have excellent photographic skills and I enjoy seeing the car in these shots in different environments.
The Fit is Photogenic!

Old 01-31-2011, 03:56 PM
5 Year Member
Some folks on here are just too logical. It's a photograph. If it's a bad one, I might say something, but I've seen some incredible pictures with stock cars in them. Then there are forum introductions - fine by me - people who are proud of their cars, which they may love to death or worked very hard to obtain - see no problems there. Got a new color model? Please DO post them up.

Don't you haters even love the car you drive? I guess with Euro enthusiasts, there is such a brand loyalty and fanboism, that this topic has never been an issue in my experience. Maybe people are right about Hondas and Toyotas as being like appliances. The car doesn't get much respect - just what mods it has. That's strange because the Fit is a unique car. If the VW people had a car like the Fit, there would be a religion around it.

Also, this rant isn't very original - or did someone just want their own "i hate blah blah" thread in The Wasteland?